Disney parks research question

emmieloveswdw

Original Poster
I have to do a 2000 word research paper and presentation for a class. I would like to do something on disney parks, but I don’t know what to do. It can’t be something like the history of Euro Disney. My presentation has to have a solution/conclusion with limitations. My biggest problem is that most disney parks topics don’t have academic research I could use. Any ideas for a topic/research question?

Victor Kelly

Maybe how the land was bought, divided, governed down in Florida. There are other side topics that could include conservation efforts like solar, water management. Bring all of it to conclusion with the current state of the property.

You will need to do some research. I suggest a book titled Since the World Began. Disney archives may have more information as well.

lazyboy97o

Is this much different than last time you asked?

There is plenty of academic work available about Disney, but they’re usually from the social sciences so they are more about observing and explaining, but not really problem solving.

lentesta

Premium Member
I’m in high school. This is for AP capstone which is a two year course where you do research projects for basically anything you want.

My Masters thesis was on computer algorithms for avoiding waits in line. If you’re interested in math or computer science, we have plenty of data available for projects: ride wait times, satisfaction data, and the like.

bennyw01

There's loads you can do, I did one about how Disney acquired intellectual properties to Oswald The Lucky Rabbit from NBCUniversal, plenty of business related studies you can throw in there! but its right to say have a little imagination with it.. look at something like park layouts, ask 'why?' to everything and there is more or less science or psychology around everything... its up to you to make the connection with your interest not the academics.

tampabrad

How about Disney addiction or any kind of entertainment addiction.

Or, not just about Disney, but all theme parks. The challenge of keeping guests entertained as technology increases and guests need to be constantly stimulated. Do FP and other forms of express or virtual queues work? And what to do to improve them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom