News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

twilight mitsuk

According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios are currently no longer available for new reservations on December 18.

On December 19, all parks are currently unavailable for new reservations.

View attachment 759181

For Resort and Day Ticket guests, Magic Kingdom is no longer currently available for new reservations/tickets on December 18 and 24. Christmas Day at Magic Kingdom and New Year's Eve at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT also remain unavailable for new reservations.

View attachment 759182
The blackout date dash

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So I see “good to go” dates are coming soon for AP holders.

Why don’t they just make every day “good to go days” for ap holders until the parks reach capacity like pre-Covid. Checking a calendar if the date is “good to go” isn’t much different than checking the calendar to make a park reservation. They continue to make things more complicated than it should be.

Comped

Why don’t they just make every day “good to go days” for ap holders until the parks reach capacity like pre-Covid. Checking a calendar if the date is “good to go” isn’t much different than checking the calendar to make a park reservation. They continue to make things more complicated than it should be.
Because the current leadership doesn't like APs because we spend less per visit than the average international visitors, or those from out-of-state. Even if we shouldered them throughout the pandemic...

DCBaker

Premium Member
Walt Disney World has announced how Virtual Queues will work once Park Reservations are no longer required beginning January 9, 2024 for most guests.

Starting January 9, Guests will be able to join one attraction virtual queue at any theme park where they have valid admission. Guests may hold one attraction virtual queue at a time. Like today:
  • Select admission types may also require a theme park reservation to join a virtual queue.
  • Guests do not need to be inside a theme park to request to join the virtual queue at 7:00 AM.
  • Guests must be inside the theme park to request to join the virtual queue at 1:00 PM.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member

All you have to do is decipher and commit to memory an easy to follow and user friendly page of rules and restrictions to successfully enjoy your time at the most magical place on earth.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Walt Disney World has announced how Virtual Queues will work once Park Reservations are no longer required beginning January 9, 2024 for most guests.

Starting January 9, Guests will be able to join one attraction virtual queue at any theme park where they have valid admission. Guests may hold one attraction virtual queue at a time. Like today:
  • Select admission types may also require a theme park reservation to join a virtual queue.
  • Guests do not need to be inside a theme park to request to join the virtual queue at 7:00 AM.
  • Guests must be inside the theme park to request to join the virtual queue at 1:00 PM.
Hooray even MORE rules and restrictions to memorize and understand so that I can enjoy myself at the most magical place on earth!

twilight mitsuk

Sounds like bonus days

Tony the Tigger

They continue to make things more complicated than it should be.
That’s what I came to say.
we spend less per visit than the average international visitors, or those from out-of-state.
I don’t.

This isn’t disastrous, but it seems like a different type of complication vs. the previous type of complication.

I wonder how foot traffic will compare on GTG days.

PaulZ

As I said way back when they announced this, I think this is the beginning of this park reservation system going away save for maybe really exceptionally busy times like the holidays.

Eric Universe is going to eat them alive when it opens. They are going to try and do what they can over time before to appear more visitor friendly than they have been since they reopened after Covid.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Because the current leadership doesn't like APs because we spend less per visit than the average international visitors, or those from out-of-state. Even if we shouldered them throughout the pandemic...
Well, to be fair, AP holders do bring picnics into the parks. And take up all available table space. And don’t spend any money in the parks. Basically they are the personification of evil, if a certain poster around here is to be believed (which he isn’t). 😉

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Annual Passholder Park Reservation calendar, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios are currently no longer available for new reservations on December 31.

IMG_4CD007E25B38-1 2.jpeg

Magic Kingdom is also no longer currently available for new reservations/tickets on December 19 and 20 for Resort and Day Ticket guests.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 4.28.15 PM.png

TheMaxRebo

As I said way back when they announced this, I think this is the beginning of this park reservation system going away save for maybe really exceptionally busy times like the holidays.

Eric Universe is going to eat them alive when it opens. They are going to try and do what they can over time before to appear more visitor friendly than they have been since they reopened after Covid.

I actually wouldn't mind if they had reservations in place for everyone for like a handful of days per year - like July 4th, NYE, etc ... I know it eased my stress level knowing I had a park reservation for Oct 1, 2021 vs having to get there crazy early and hope we got in

but yeah, drop it outside of those very few days

pdude81

I actually wouldn't mind if they had reservations in place for everyone for like a handful of days per year - like July 4th, NYE, etc ... I know it eased my stress level knowing I had a park reservation for Oct 1, 2021 vs having to get there crazy early and hope we got in

but yeah, drop it outside of those very few days
The problem is that the annual pass reservations would get plugged up in those cases by people who weren't sure if they were going or not, since there would be no other days they needed reservations allotted. I think reservations are kind of an All or nothing scenario with annual pass ticket types.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom