News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
New spots are now up a few days to Sunday, May 30. Hello, Memorial Day Weekend.

I believe Beach Club reopens 5/30 Wilderness Lodge on 6/6, or thereabout. Some of this could be about shifting more from APs to resort guests generally. They've surely been getting negative feedback from resort guests unable to book some parks as far out as two months.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
After hitting frozen ever after (at rope drop) do you suggest hitting soarin or test track next?

or do you suggest doing something different?

looking to do these three things at EPCOT before hopping to MK for the rest of the day. any suggestions on how to do MK at 2pm till 9pm are greatly welcomed. Thanks
I’d do test track at rope drop followed by frozen. Then do world showcase and work your way back to Soarin. Soarin’s line isn’t too bad since they added the 3rd theater. I’d argue that 40/45 minute waits for Soarin are never actually that long (if you include the preshow as part of the experience)

Kobe!!

I’d do test track at rope drop followed by frozen. Then do world showcase and work your way back to Soarin. Soarin’s line isn’t too bad since they added the 3rd theater. I’d argue that 40/45 minute waits for Soarin are never actually that long (if you include the preshow as part of the experience)
Why do you say this? Just curious..

WondersOfLife

Why do you say this? Just curious..
Test track gathers the biggest wait time sooner than any other attraction at Epcot... and with it being on the way over to Frozen, it’d be convenient to go do frozen right after test track.

In the end, you won’t have to wait too long for Soarin. Even if it’s 45 minutes it won’t feel like that long.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park passes are opening up for Resort guests -

Before -

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 4.07.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 9.24.13 AM.png

Current look after the new updates today (they may be still happening) -

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 1.07.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 1.06.58 PM.png

ToTBellHop

Test track gathers the biggest wait time sooner than any other attraction at Epcot... and with it being on the way over to Frozen, it’d be convenient to go do frozen right after test track.

In the end, you won’t have to wait too long for Soarin. Even if it’s 45 minutes it won’t feel like that long.
In my personal experience, it seems TT is down at open about half the time, so it is important to be willing to quickly pivot. Without FP, this actually is easier since you can always rush to Frozen and return in 20 min with perhaps a 30-minute wait. No big deal. With FP, you basically weren’t riding if you didn’t have a FP yourself and it was closed at open. It would be at 120-min or higher all day once it actually opened.

WondersOfLife

In my personal experience, it seems TT is down at open about half the time, so it is important to be willing to quickly pivot. Without FP, this actually is easier since you can always rush to Frozen and return in 20 min with perhaps a 30-minute wait. No big deal. With FP, you basically weren’t riding if you didn’t have a FP yourself and it was closed at open. It would be at 120-min or higher all day once it actually opened.
Yea, I've found the wait times pretty nice in all of Epcot since FP+ stopped. Even Test Track isn't that bad on a normal day.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Guests will no longer be able to hold on to a Park Pass reservation that doesn’t correspond to the date of a valid admission tickets. People were holding reservations that their tickets didn't like up with.

No but if you cancel / reschedule a package or otherwise change the ticket dates, up until now any park reservations for the original dates were not automatically cancelled.

Disney are now cancelling those “orphaned” park reservations.
Thanks for clarifying!

pixie225

I am going to assume they didn't up capacity but they had extra availability? Hoping it doesn't officially sell out for the 2nd week in May
I had been checking (for fun, as I had made my park reservation when they opened for us) to see what the park availability is for when we are down there the first week in May. There had been NO availability - everything was grayed out- until today. Now the only park NOT available is MK. My theory is that they upped capacity - especially in HS, which was "sold out" right away, but now has availability.

jinx8402

Here's a question regarding park reservations that I haven't seen answered, especially now with them removing orphaned reservations. Consider the two following scenarios where the original booking was a resort & tickets package booked directly through Disney, what would happen?

1. Switch to room only (Disney resort, perhaps booked via 3rd party) and by valid tix for same dates from a 3rd party?
2. Switch to offsite hotel and purchase valid tickets for same dates?

Is there anything that needs to be done with reservations? In both cases I likely wouldn't cancel the original booking until after linking the tickets. I'm considering my options for my August vacation. Was hoping for better discounts, because I cannot fathom spending almost full price when so much is still not open yet. If I can get a better deal staying off site, I will, especially since early entry still isn't a thing.

bpiper

I had been checking (for fun, as I had made my park reservation when they opened for us) to see what the park availability is for when we are down there the first week in May. There had been NO availability - everything was grayed out- until today. Now the only park NOT available is MK. My theory is that they upped capacity - especially in HS, which was "sold out" right away, but now has availability.
I don't think they upped the capacity. The reservations are in predefined buckets. I think they just moved openings from one bucket to another. The bucket that brings them the most $$ gets most of the tickets. I think they had a lot of last minute resort reservations that they needed reservations for and just moved some over from the AP bucket, which is the lowest spending.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom