News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Ben_since_1971

Non-locals aren't allowed to travel.
That's not true. They are being discouraged from travelling, but they are not being prevented from doing so. I live in MA, and we have a travel restriction for returning. I am still seriously considering my September trip (for numerous reasons) and trying to figure out how to fulfill the restrictions without it becoming too much of a song and dance to make it worth it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That's not true. They are being discouraged from travelling, but they are not being prevented from doing so. I live in MA, and we have a travel restriction for returning. I am still seriously considering my September trip (for numerous reasons) and trying to figure out how to fulfill the restrictions without it becoming too much of a song and dance to make it worth it.
If you have kids, you're stuck. Disney's customer base is parents with children.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
California and Texas are not where WDW sources their guests. WDW sources their guests from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc. WDW's sweet spot is "guests within 45 minutes driving distance of an airport with a 3 hour flight on Southwest Airlines to MCO."

Darn it. We fly Delta and it’s just a few minutes over a 3 hr flight to MCO nonstop. But we meet the “within a 45 minute drive of an airport” criteria, though. 😉

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
But you are still allowed to travel. You are insinuating people are being reatrained by the government from travelling. They can still travel, they just have to follow the restrictions. It is not a ban, nor a de facto ban.
The restrictions are onerous. That's what de facto means. It's not a ban but it might as well be.

SoFloMagic

So my kids who are CMS were at magic today and it was a ghost town, they let Cms in but not AP holders?
I think I've cracked the code. They want empty parks so people come and spend $28,000 to stay in the Contemporary.

Or they're testing how far they can push Passholders without them leaving...

disneygeek90

and the universal passholders are still waiting for news, probably going to add back the express hour to the morning, that thye lsot with early closing changes
They need to just move the Express time beginning at 2 or 3. I’d be content with that. There’s little to no value with an express hour first thing in the morning.

As an aside, I’m sure this is impossible but my brother bought a Disney 3 day flex ticket back in February. We only went once and I know there’s no chance he’s wanting to visit before the ticket expires in September. Any chance in hell they’d move those 2 days over to my account?

aladdin2007

I’m under the impression that once tomorrow’s reckoning is over, AP perks will be re-evaluated using the new numbers as a guideline. Some things that many have been clamoring for to return since it was pulled as a result of COVID operations may return as AP exclusive perks.

I wonder though if they are going to take away some at the same time,. there was rumor the standard 20% merch discount would be done away with completely but others said not true. What would be nice is a 15 or 20% on dining. Just thinking out loud but those came to mind. I know most of you are really referring to other perks and room discounts etc.

disneygeek90

They need to just move the Express time beginning at 2 or 3. I’d be content with that. There’s little to no value with an express hour first thing in the morning.

As an aside, I’m sure this is impossible but my brother bought a Disney 3 day flex ticket back in February. We only went once and I know there’s no chance he’s wanting to visit before the ticket expires in September. Any chance in hell they’d move those 2 days over to my account?
Seeing rumblings online that Express was moved to 2pm for Premier passholders starting today. Nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom