Disney Park online cameras

Mister Toad

Original Poster
Whatever happened to the live feeds that Disney used to have on the web? There was nothing better on a busy work day in the Northeast when you needed a mental break by peeking in on a live picture of MK or Epcot. I guess this was a security issue post 911?

Sad, I always enjoyed mentally "leaving" for a minute and go look at the parks.........

:(

bgraham34

If I remember correctly the cameras were taking offline before that. My bet was they did not want people to see what the attendence was like.

Since1976

A security issue? Perhaps.

More likely it had to do with not letting the competition see how crowded the parks were on any given day.

I think a workable compromise would have been to point the cameras at a landmark, or at a high angle that doesn't show any people.

The one available cam (from the Swan or Dolphin roof) is a great way to see how the weather is down there, but it unfortunately does not depict an interesting view.

Mister Toad

Original Poster
I don't get it...... competition seeing who is in there? If they wanted to do that, why wouldn't they just have someone drive from Universal over there every day with an annual pass? I don't get it.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
bgraham34 said:
If I remember correctly the cameras were taking offline before that. My bet was they did not want people to see what the attendence was like.

You win the thread.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Mister Toad said:
I don't get it...... competition seeing who is in there? If they wanted to do that, why wouldn't they just have someone drive from Universal over there every day with an annual pass? I don't get it.

Disney doesn't release attendance numbers. Only once at the end of the year, and thats it. Those numbers are one of the close guarded secrets Disney has, because they use them to plan out the booking "seasons". Giving those numbers to competitors (more the hotels then Universal), or at least a rough estimate, wasn't a good idea.

jmicro59

bgraham34 said:
Cause its cheaper to just click on a link that gives you shots of all your parks.

Cheaper? Without a doubt, but I'd bet, heck maybe I even know that Disney competitors were still sending in the usual number of "visitors" to Disney parks, web cams or not.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Mister Toad said:
wouldn't they just have someone drive from Universal over there every day with an annual pass?

They already do... as does Disney with UO AP's

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
coln84 said:
And how do i get this job? I would love to be getting paid by Universal to go to Disneyworld.

lets just say this isn't a job you apply for

PixyDust

coln84 said:
And how do i get this job? I would love to be getting paid by Universal to go to Disneyworld.

This sounds so sneaky!!! I used to consider myself quite the spy when I worked for a bank and each day I would have to call all the other banks in the area to get CD, loan, etc rates. I'd change my voice and all that to be super-sneaky. :D I guess now with caller id, they'd know it was another bank calling. Ah, those were the days.

Do you think my prior espionage experience would qualify me for the sneaky Disney spy position with Universal? :cool: <(that's me undercover)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom