Disney On Ice

NelleBelle

We took our kids when they were younger (Toy Story was one year and Tinker Bell the other. I enjoyed it but I think we waited to long to get our seats so our seats sucked and couldn't see very well :( But now that the kids are tweens/teens, they have zero interest in it and we'd rather put the money towards Cirque du Soleil tickets when they come to town. But would recommend it for those who have younger kids or who are desperate for a dose of Disney!

Cmdr_Crimson

I go almost every year and luckily it comes around the week before I go out to WDW....So what I do is I get the last show of the tour in our area and the following day I'm out in Orlando...It's so much fun to do this...Just a few weeks ago we had "Dream Big" and now in January were getting the Updated version of the Ice show "Dare To Dream" with Moana replacing the Princess & The Frog & Snow White for BaTB & Frozen...I already have my Ticket ready for the show and I can't wait to see it in January!:D

Cmdr_Crimson

I did it this year for my first time when it came to our local city, It was a great experience, I wish a Disney park would have some dedicated stadium to a Disney on ice show.

You know it is the strangest thing that even tho Orlando has WDW they still do the Ice show at the Amway center and I wonder how Floridian's think of that since they are closer to the parks to see the characters than seeing a show...

DfromATX

I took my 2 sons when they were little. First time was Little Mermaid and it was a really good show. My son must have been about 4. When Ursula came out, she was this giant thing and he got so scared he said he wanted to go home lol. Then when my second son was about 4, we took him to see The Incredibles, but unfortunately, it was kind of dumb. He LOVED the movie, but the ice show was a mix match of those characters AND Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Donald, etc. It just didn't make much sense.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went as a kid, I remember it was a reward for being a crossing guard helper in 4th grade. I just found my poster from it this past summer, and that was in the late 80's (almost an antique now). I went with my niece a few years ago and it was enjoyable.

thomas998

We have gone twice, and as long as you get decent seats it is fine. But they try to make as much money as possible and sell some seats that are so bad they aren't worth it at any price. We found that out the time we arrived to find that for some unknown reason the seats we had purchased tickets for had been removed because the arena was apparently not the size they expected so they had sold seats that didn't exist... They then gave us some other seats that we were told were equal to the ones we had purchased... While they were equal in being the same distance from the front row, they were complete garbage from a viewing perspective as we went from a center of one side to the absolute end of the seats on one side... In other words we had the pleasure of watching everyone skating from the back side. and you quickly realize that the show means next to nothing when you're looking at it from the backside. It was so bad we complained to Disney about it where we found that Disney on Ice isn't actually run by Disney apparently they simply license the name out to some other company which we given the contact information for... we sent a complaint to them about the worthless seats and to make up for it they sent us a program, a coloring book and some cheap plastic bubble gun. It was the last time we ever went to Disney on Ice.

If you do go, the only way the seats will be decent for the whole show will be if you get the one at the bottom of the "U"... The layout will always be "U' shaped and if you get on a side of the "U" you will risk missing the full effect of the show. The sides closest to the bottom of the "U" are close enough but as you move up the sides the view gets worse and worse so don't risk it if they are high on the sides you may end up looking at the butts of all the skaters which is king of pointless.

Adam Snider

Original Poster
We have gone twice, and as long as you get decent seats it is fine. But they try to make as much money as possible and sell some seats that are so bad they aren't worth it at any price. We found that out the time we arrived to find that for some unknown reason the seats we had purchased tickets for had been removed because the arena was apparently not the size they expected so they had sold seats that didn't exist... They then gave us some other seats that we were told were equal to the ones we had purchased... While they were equal in being the same distance from the front row, they were complete garbage from a viewing perspective as we went from a center of one side to the absolute end of the seats on one side... In other words we had the pleasure of watching everyone skating from the back side. and you quickly realize that the show means next to nothing when you're looking at it from the backside. It was so bad we complained to Disney about it where we found that Disney on Ice isn't actually run by Disney apparently they simply license the name out to some other company which we given the contact information for... we sent a complaint to them about the worthless seats and to make up for it they sent us a program, a coloring book and some cheap plastic bubble gun. It was the last time we ever went to Disney on Ice.

If you do go, the only way the seats will be decent for the whole show will be if you get the one at the bottom of the "U"... The layout will always be "U' shaped and if you get on a side of the "U" you will risk missing the full effect of the show. The sides closest to the bottom of the "U" are close enough but as you move up the sides the view gets worse and worse so don't risk it if they are high on the sides you may end up looking at the butts of all the skaters which is king of pointless.
I’ve been twice and had good seats both times. Luckily this time I had great seats like you can see in the video. Hopefully you can go again and have fun like we did but thanks for letting us know about the seats! I’ll make sure to get the front every time

thomas998

I’ve been twice and had good seats both times. Luckily this time I had great seats like you can see in the video. Hopefully you can go again and have fun like we did but thanks for letting us know about the seats! I’ll make sure to get the front every time
Fortunately there is no need to go again. Disney on Ice is aimed at very young kids, sort of like the Sesame Street Live shows, and my kids are old enough that we've moved on to other things. If you are planning on doing it in the future try to get on the email list of the tour very early because often the seats for Disney on Ice get sold 8 or 9 months in advance even though they won't start local TV and radio advertising until a couple of months before the show, so the best seats will usually be scarce when you actually see a TV ad for it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Only one souviner caught my attention and that they were selling Rapunzel's Frying Pan as a Souviner...I think it was about $15 for it. The pan part was foam with Ice show's Logo on the Bottom and the Handle was plastic with a speaker and batteries......Basically you can hit someone with it and it will make a noise sounding like you were hitting something solid....It's probably the more unique souviners they had sold..I'm sure they still sell it..

5thGenTexan

We went this past weekend. 9 and 6 year old liked it. We have a plastic Mickey crown, Beast sword, and an orange cat to show for it. :) We were right at the end of the U, almost dead center but not on the floor. Everything sounded good except for Elsa, for some reason she was a little off. I joked with my wife after that Elsa's transformation was not nearly as impressive as in the Frozen show at DLR. :)

mikenatcity1

Always fun for the kids. I believe these are done by Feld Entertainment with a license from Disney. I certainly could be mistaken though.
While it is owned and operated by FELD Entertainment (the same company that owned the now defunct Barnum & Bailey Circus), Disney on Ice is very much still regulated by Disney- the characters largely come from Disney itself and at times people have to get trained by Disney for specific things (I know someone who was trained by Disney to ensure the characters were kept up by Disney Standards). For all purposes, it's still a Disney show and a wonderful one to see :) I still enjoy going as I have for years- it's nice to have a bit of Disney magic locally! Of course, it makes me yearn for the parks when i'm not there too...

Cmdr_Crimson

While it is owned and operated by FELD Entertainment (the same company that owned the now defunct Barnum & Bailey Circus), Disney on Ice is very much still regulated by Disney- the characters largely come from Disney itself and at times people have to get trained by Disney for specific things (I know someone who was trained by Disney to ensure the characters were kept up by Disney Standards). For all purposes, it's still a Disney show and a wonderful one to see :) I still enjoy going as I have for years- it's nice to have a bit of Disney magic locally! Of course, it makes me yearn for the parks when i'm not there too...

I agree..And it's a chance to see some characters when you don't have a chance or plans to go back to the Disney Parks but, still get a chance to see them at a fraction of the cost of admission to the parks just to recap their animated films to ice...Althought the one idea I just thought was strange out of the bunch is the Pixar Cars on Ice...
cars-disney-on-ice.jpg

Something about this just doesn't add up....Cars + Ice...
a1a119e7527fbb032116075d36cebbaa.jpg

brb1006

Maybe someday there will be a Disney On Ice that features characters from Zootopia. Interesting to see how Bellwether would look along with Chief Bogo and Clawhauser in person besides Judy and Nick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom