Disney on Food Network

careship

Original Poster
Here I was taking a nap and the commercial on the Food Network woke me up. Next on the Food Network...5pmEST is Disney Fairytale Weddings!!!!

So anyone looking for something to watch....get your Disney fix now....LOL

WDWScottieBoy

I've had the alarm set on my phone so I wouldn't miss it today since I've already missed the previous ones. My girlfriend and I will be watching it right along with you. :D

abu21

I read this post and went running into my bedroom to tape it. My finace and I are getting married at Disney World next year. I am really glad you posted the show. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks bunches :wave: :wave:

careship

Original Poster
abu21 said:
I read this post and went running into my bedroom to tape it. My finace and I are getting married at Disney World next year. I am really glad you posted the show. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks bunches :wave: :wave:

No problem....after you watch it, I'll help you pick out your wedding....LOL

I am really liking the show and am glad I found it. I hope to have our 15th wedding anniversary at WDW. I'd like to surprise my hubby with it. He's a Disney fanatic too.

abu21

Holy Crap!

$70,000! Can you even imagine spending that much money on a wedding? That's more than what my house costs. I mean, I plan on having a nice wedding and all, but not for 70G's.

careship

Original Poster
I about had a heart attack when they said a typical fairytale wedding can cost between $3000 and $300000. I thoughty three hundred thousand? My lord no way. I think my focus would be the wedding cake. I would want it to be mouse inspired for sure. I could live without alot of the fluff, but not without an awesome ears or castle cake and I want the Bailey's mousse.

careship

Original Poster
scorp111 said:
Unfortunately we do not have the same food network here in Canada...

So no Disney fix for me today....

I am so sad for you. We could sing for you. Do you prefer It's a Small World or a medley from CBJ?
:lol: :eek: :D

MotoDisney

Just finished watching it. Great special. I really enjoyed looking at the cakes. 2000 for Mickey at your wedding I gues when you spend 70lk what's the difference. But for that price (2,000) I can make my yearly trip down there. Hmmm. trip to WDW or Mickey at my wedding and sell the house? Maybe my wife and I will renew our vows down there and just get the cake.

careship

Original Poster
MotoDisney said:
Just finished watching it. Great special. I really enjoyed looking at the cakes. 2000 for Mickey at your wedding I gues when you spend 70lk what's the difference. But for that price (2,000) I can make my yearly trip down there. Hmmm. trip to WDW or Mickey at my wedding and sell the house? Maybe my wife and I will renew our vows down there and just get the cake.

I'm all for just the cake and renewing the vows. My 12 yr old son just said he is going to get married at the Animal Kingdom or the AKL though. I figure I'm safe on the price, noone will marry him at this rte....LOL.....preteens....ARGH!!!!

WDWScottieBoy

I'm willing to go all out with my wedding. Like Tera said, you only get married once so why not do it? I'm willing to spend $300,000+ on my wedding, even renting the park out at night and my own personal fireworks show if possible. I want it to be the best night of my life and something I would never forget. Maybe that's just me and wanting to go all out and not worry about price though.

Ringo8n24

That was a cool little show today. My husband and I eloped and now I want to renew our vows at Disney so we can have special memories like that. I cannot do $70,000 though. I bet those two will be upset if they get divorced after that...or their parents will be... Leave it to WDW to just do an excellent, awesome job at making that day special for so many couples. Those tiny little castle cakes were just perfect, too.

careship

Original Poster
I liked the one with the Mickey Ears on top and all the silver mickey ears on it. That was my kind of cake. I am not into big and fancy. Been married 13 years and ours was simple and wouldn't change it for the world. I would however like to renew my vows at WDW. Nothing fancy there though either. Just a beautiful cake and being in Disney is enough for me.

PixyDust

My husband and I will have our 10 year anniversary next April. I've been trying to talk him into taking a long weekend and going down - just the two of us - and renewing our vows at the Polynesian. I hear they have a great spot for it. He'd wear white linen shorts and a tan linen button down shirt. I'd have a cream slip dress with a tiara of flowers. We'd both be barefoot. I have the whole thing planned in my mind.

He says we CAN'T go to WDW without the kids. I say, that kind of ruins the point...But he refuses to go without them. Maybe we'll be able to work out a happy medium somewhere!

careship

Original Poster
Someone said it was going to be on again today at 4 o'clock. Check your local listings. It is on today not sure what time for your time zone....check quick...you have to see the Mad Hatter cake.

OliveMcFly

I can't wait. That's only an hour away. I'll have to tape it this time. I wanna have my wedding at Disney so bad. First I need a fiance. Then I need some $$$. I feel that every penny is worth the magic.

Nicole

A friend of mine got married at WDW after being with her fiance for six years. Their marriage only lasted 18 months. She still has their wedding pictures though - even though she's remarried - so I got to look a them. They had the SMALL version of the wedding, I'm sure it didn't cost more than a few thousand. It's not really a question I dare ask :D

scorp111

I just watched a disney "Thrill Makers" on the Discovery Channel. It showcased ToT, Dinosaur, RNRoller Coaster, Test Track, and Mission:Space.

I am sure it was a rerun and probably had been shown in the US. But it is rare for us to get much WDW stuff on Canadian cable. So it definitely made my night...

81 days to go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom