Disney Officially Developing A ‘National Treasure’ Series and 3rd Movie

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

One of the few Disney Studios franchises that made money. Wonder what took them so long to make another in the franchise.

Last edited:

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

One of the few Disney Studios franchises that made money. Wonder what took them so long to make another in the franc
Well if Disney are making it , it will be a complete finamcial flop and fans will hate it. All the third parta of trilogy's have ...

CJR

I did enjoy the first two and took the National Treasure Tour at Mt. Vernon (highly recommend it, if you ever go).

I'm not sure how well it'll do at the BO, history hasn't been kind to most films after a long break in between, but I'm sure if they work hard and come up with a good story, the fans who showed up for the first two movies will appreciate this one too.

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Not all third movies in a series are flops. Some are very successful Just sayin'.
7f2.jpg

erasure fan1

I'm a bit disappointed this is a series instead of a proper 3rd movie. I also don't like that there is no connection to the movies. Oh well, maybe it won't be terrible. I doubt it but there's always hoping.

Phicinfan

I'm a bit disappointed this is a series instead of a proper 3rd movie. I also don't like that there is no connection to the movies. Oh well, maybe it won't be terrible. I doubt it but there's always hoping.
Supposedly there will still be a 3rd movie, tied to previous movies. The series will be totally separate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Supposedly there will still be a 3rd movie, tied to previous movies. The series will be totally separate.
Huh... seems that way.

Although, info I've tracked down has the series in production, but the movie still without a script and final approval... which means it could still be years away or killed.

It's odd Disney has dragged their feet on this. The 2 movies were both profitable and did well with audiences (with critics... not so much).

Phicinfan

Huh... seems that way.

Although, info I've tracked down has the series in production, but the movie still without a script and final approval... which means it could still be years away or killed.

It's odd Disney has dragged their feet on this. The 2 movies were both profitable and did well with audiences (with critics... not so much).
Last articles I read (January timings) have script being written and director selected. I will check again, but this may just be hope on my part as I really loved those movies.
Link: https://alphanewscall.com/2022/01/03/national-treasure-3-2/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom