Disney Now OPEN Due To Playstation

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know if you're still looking (I'm very late, I know), but Parkitect is fantastic if you're looking for something more like RollerCoaster Tycoon. Planet Coaster is amazing as an extremely in-depth park designer, but Parkitect feels more like an RCT3 than RCT3 does. It does have a few annoying balancing problems in the campaign parks (I remember park rating not increasing until guests leave your park, so, if you get a park that requires you to have a high rating and you're good at retaining guests, you actively need to make guests leave your park or it won't increase), but, otherwise, it's basically RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 in full 3D, grid building format and all.

That being said, if you literally want RCT2, I'd recommend OpenRCT2. You need a copy of RCT2 to play it, but OpenRCT2 itself is free, otherwise. It's an open-source recreation of the original game with a huge amount of technical and quality of life improvements, and better support for modern computers.
Thanks...I’m still looking and that’s definitely good advice.

I’m looking for something with flexibility that doesn’t require hours of 3D design work to make a piece of scenery...

I never liked RCT3....it felt bland and too much interest on “realism”

I’m sitting in front of a computer...no need to try and trick myself it’s “real”. I’ve always thought that about games. One reason why I loved rct
And zoo tycoon.

One other thing: I assume there’s full sandbox mode? I think there is.

The “scenarios” never did it much for me. People want to replicate parks or enhance variations on them.

CaptainTeo

Thanks...I’m still looking and that’s definitely good advice.

I’m looking for something with flexibility that doesn’t require hours of 3D design work to make a piece of scenery...

I never liked RCT3....it felt bland and too much interest on “realism”

I’m sitting in front of a computer...no need to try and trick myself it’s “real”. I’ve always thought that about games. One reason why I loved rct
And zoo tycoon.

One other thing: I assume there’s full sandbox mode? I think there is.

The “scenarios” never did it much for me. People want to replicate parks or enhance variations on them.
There is a sandbox mode, yep! It sounds like you need to unlock it by finishing a scenario park, according to this thread on the Steam forum that gives instructions on how to use it, but I'm not 100% sure, sorry.

I pretty much agree with you on RCT3. I found some enjoyment in it, but it didn't feel like RollerCoaster Tycoon, to me. Too much of a shift in focus from the original games. I never got to play Zoo Tycoon much, but I was really big on Transport Tycoon before that.

That being said, I forgot because I haven't seen the game for a while, but there is a bit more of a focus on the realism side when it comes to park management in Parkitect. That's more on the side of keeping guests happy by making sure that they can't see backstage areas and stuff, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom