Disney movies that deserve attractions

Imagineer45

If you ever read any interviews or books written by Imagineers they have stated that the reason why certain films in the Disney canon don't receive the dark ride treatment is because they don't have a lot of variety in locals to choose from. Like for instance a Robin Hood ride was once considered but was quickly thrown out due to the movie being just forests and stone buildings. So for Cinderella you have the interior of the Chateau, the backyard of the Chateau, the Castle, and the Castle gardens. That's not much to work with for a dark ride. May I add that the movies you listed have a much more varied set of locations and are easier stories to tell interestingly with a moving ride vehicle.

I have not read anything of that nature, but I would definitely be open to reading any books you recommend by former Imagineers. The one thought I have is Winnie the Pooh, where you are pretty much in the 100-acre wood the whole except for the one dream scene, and that ride works. I guess Cinderella would primarily be at the Chateau and Castle, but they could likely use different locations around those two places to prevent the scenes from appearing bland. Personally, I think what is going on in the scene is more prevalent than where it is taking place, so as long as a compelling ride plot is progressing with characters doing different things then it should be okay.

Robbiem

I would love it if each castle park had its own set of unique dark rides rather than pan, snow white etc it would be fairy simple I would imagine to swap things out and you could have a balance of old and modern classics as well

General Mayhem

I have not read anything of that nature, but I would definitely be open to reading any books you recommend by former Imagineers. The one thought I have is Winnie the Pooh, where you are pretty much in the 100-acre wood the whole except for the one dream scene, and that ride works. I guess Cinderella would primarily be at the Chateau and Castle, but they could likely use different locations around those two places to prevent the scenes from appearing bland. Personally, I think what is going on in the scene is more prevalent than where it is taking place, so as long as a compelling ride plot is progressing with characters doing different things then it should be okay.
Rides solely based on characters are not usually well received... especially when most of the main characters of Cinderella are rather one dimensional.

Goofy213

Someone metioned the Rocketeer. I have visions of a flying coaster zipping around 1940's LA, in and out of a zeppelin and through an airfield. It would be a great fit in the studio's, perhaps as a replacement for Indy down the road, or the old Animation / Studio Tour ride area.

A dark water ride- or even an outdoor ride like JC (or a rapids ride like Kali) could be themed beautifully like Princess and the Frog. I want to go down the bayou. And I want to see Ray. And Louis. And Mama Odie.

Legend of sleepy hollow would be awesome!

Oh! I could see The Legend of Sleepy Hollow designed on the same ride platform as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Universal. It could start at the Halloween party with the tale of the Headless Horseman, then proceed on a trip through the haunted countryside and forest with Ichabod on a quest for the bridge of safety.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
101 Dalmatians.

It's spawned 2 animated direct to video sequels, 2 live actions movies, 2 made for television series (one for Disney+) and possibly another theatrical movie on the way with "Cruella" for 2025... a Disney's Maleficent-like story treatment. Disney keeps pushing this franchise yet it has never had a true, in park ride or deserving attraction. What's holding it back?

ppete1975

Coco 100%. In the Epcot Mexico pavilion taking the place of Gran Fiesta Tour, which I love but there was never a more appropriate space to put a ride based on a great Disney movie. If there is only a single Disney IP that could fit well into Epcot without feeling forced, it is Coco on that ride in that pavilion.
where would the queue go? honestly and this has nothing to do with my love for the three cabs.. but this cant be a d or e ticket.. it has to stay a hidden b ticket (which honestly we need more of). Does Coco deserve a ride? I think it was an amazing and beautiful movie that I loved.. but after it was released ive heard nothing, maybe in other areas it was more popular?

ppete1975

I know a lot of people aren't fond of the idea.. but this is where the black box concept would be amazing. Movies like fox and the hound which will never get a ride could get a temp ride, imagine running through the country side under logs over logs almost going over a cliff leaves flying everywhere...
And if done correctly lets say every year... you would bring in totally new riders... Imagine a brand new totally different ride every year based on something totally new.. that would be limited engagement...
that's what screens a few practical effects and trackless ride vehicles can give you.. in addition they could always throw in a few reskinned animatronics

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
In vain of Buzz Lightyear there could be a Brave themed ride where guests would be on horseback and have a stationary bow that would move side to side and up and down. As your horse moved through the ride you could move it similar to the Buzz ride and shoot at targets with virtual arrows. All the time your score goes up. That is my idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom