Disney MGM with the Muppets

FutureCEO

Original Poster
Disney and Eisner when they where building MGM Studios wanting to buy the Muppets. There would have been a great themeed Muppet land with parades, rides and shows with the New York Street is. First off, the Henson Productions wanted to be Disney before Michael Eisner(who saved the company) took over. So when Disney was building MGM, Eisner need more characters so he called Jim Henson. For a while they talk about selling the Henson Company a ideas on a great land with great rides, shows and restruants. After Jim Henson's death, the land went downhill with all the talks about Disney merging and/or buying the company. A great land will never see and now the truth and the sad reality is here in this laughingplace.com article by Jim Hill. Four parts of a part five series has been writing already. Here's the article http://laughingplace.com/News-ID115360.asp

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by wdw24557
A great land will never see and now the truth and the sad reality is here in this laughingplace.com article by Jim Hill.

hmmmm...... the "TRUTH" in a Jim Hill article? :)

wdwmaniac

Do you think they can bring back the Muppets to be popular again? And is it worth them to try to out bid AOL Time Warner and Viacom?

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
Do you think they can bring back the Muppets to be popular again? And is it worth them to try to out bid AOL Time Warner and Viacom?

I think if anyone can bring them back it would be Disney. I think that the franchise would hold much more value as part of the Disney family than it would with either of the other two companies. As such, I would believe that Disney would probably be willing to pay more for it...

JAY-ROD

Re: Re: Disney MGM with the Muppets

Originally posted by wdwmagic

hmmmm...... the "TRUTH" in a Jim Hill article? :)

lmao i knew that one was coming. we all know how Mr. wdwmagic feels about jim hill lol

wdwmaniac

Henson needs to be bought by Disney or they may have problem. They may loss all attractions and the other company's will have access to Disney/Henson creations. Just think if Nick had access to all the muppets.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Scary thought! :eek: The Jim Henson Company doesn't want to be bought by Disney (the Ceo and Muppeteers don't) but they need to be since they hasn't had a huge hit in a number of years. Their last hit was probly involved Disney, I think.

wdwmaniac

Henson wants to buy themselves but most people don't think that will happen they just don't have the pwoer and money I read on cnn. They said it is more likely seeing Disney or Nick buying them.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Disney will more then likely get them since they have had a rich and long history with Kermit. Eisner even helped put up th e money for Henson to create The Muppet Show Pilot.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Yeah it does matter. If they have had a long relationship with the Jim Henson Company then they will be very determined to get them this time around.

wdwmaniac

I don't know if Disney is willing to put out alot of money for them. Anyway it looks like no one is getting them soon. EM.TV hasn't said anything lately.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
The last rpoject was MUPPETS IN SPACE a movie which came out in August 2000. The movie bombed. The MUPPETFEST is being held in Pasadena, California. I don't know when though.

Goofster

Hey I loved Muppets From Space, it was good time muppet fun. Not as good as the early muppet movies, Muppets take Manhattan and The Great Muppet Caper, but still a good movie. I loved Muppets Tonight, and hopefully if Disney buys the muppets we could see another great muppet show on ABC.

Disney needs to buy the muppets, and the muppets need Disney to buy them.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Unfortunately the Muppeteers don't want to be bought by Disney because they think that they will be replaced by people who will are less experienced but will work for much less. They are worried on the way Disney is currently being run.

TheDisneyMagic

A little update we are now a couple of years on and Disney have baught the rights for the Muppets after over a decade struggle in doing so

well done disney!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom