Disney-MGM Studios Holloween Event?

cameraguy

Original Poster
Disney/MGM Studios makes sense to host halloween nights. Disney owns a wide range of scary movies to tap into. Their connection with Marimax (the Scream Movies, I know what you did, even Shaq in Kazam) will create some great tie ins and maybe they can work on a scary movie to be released in conjunction with the halloween nights.
Just my thoughts.

I forgot about all them. Howver I think Kazam maybe a little to scarey for anybody to handle. Not to menchin all the Disney villians, A Nightmare Before Christmas. And I have image in my head of a haunted Pirate ship from the POTC films.

Thurp

I read that they actually did some surveys and that's how this rumor started. So they may be playing with the idea but I'm sure it still needs to be approved and/or developed fully before they can go ahead and launch it. We'll see what's up by this time next year.

Jajo

If the scenerio included late night openings, after say 11:00. That would certainly discourage most families right there.

Vernonpush

I don't see this ever happening at Disney due to the family with small children nature of Disney.
But the MK has MNSSHP for the families with small children. This would be for the "thrill seeking teen" families. The families going over to Universal because their children are a little to old for MK party. It makes perfect sense to me. Also they would not be selling "children's price" tickets for the Studio's party. That would keep those with small children in the MK.

Vernonpush

If the scenerio included late night openings, after say 11:00. That would certainly discourage most families right there.

I've seen many a small (cranky) child in the parks very late for Evening Extra Magic Hours. I don't think time is any deterent to any family.

cameraguy

Original Poster
I've seen many a small (cranky) child in the parks very late for Evening Extra Magic Hours. I don't think time is any deterent to any family.

Yes, but that's for a "Family" event. I doudt many parents would make the effert to keep their small children up for an event that they KNOW is for an older croud. Ansuming that Disney makes it clear that the event isn't for young children I think families with young kids will stay in MK for MNSSHP. Give parents some credit for knowing what is suitable for their kids and whats not.

Legacy

Yes, but that's for a "Family" event. I doudt many parents would make the effert to keep their small children up for an event that they KNOW is for an older croud. Ansuming that Disney makes it clear that the event isn't for young children I think families with young kids will stay in MK for MNSSHP. Give parents some credit for knowing what is suitable for their kids and whats not.

You would be surprised...

I've seen tons of crying, miserable children at Halloween Horror Nights. It would be worse at Disney because, "It's Disney, it can't be that bad..."

donald23

This would definitely be a cool thing for Disney to do. Although, I'm very skeptical about them ever really bringing it to pass. But about the whole "family" thing, I just got back from Night of Joy a couple weeks ago and I can't say I even saw one kid under the age of 13 there. It's an event geared towards adults and especially teens, and I don't hear many complaints about it. MGM would be the perfect park for an event like this, especially because of the layout and amount of walking space if the event did get too crowded. It doesn't even have to be as extreme as HHN but it would be a lot of fun to just walk around a "haunted" MGM Studios. I'm a little afraid of haunted houses myself, so I'm not really expecting that, but it could be something like the Spectacle Of Lights on a parkwide scale and with a halloween theme.

YellowFairy

I think this would be a great thing to do! I haven't even been to MNSSHP (I'm going this year) but I know it's geared more towards the wee ones. Disney could make even more money by offering something to the older crowds, and they have a lot of material to work with. I hope they decide to do something with this!

mkepcotmgmak

it would be very simple to let Guests with children know to go to MK, and other guests seeking a more scary atmosphere to head to MGM. the problem with that is... sadly enough, there are people out there that do not care what their kids are afraid of... just like forcing your kid to hug Mickey while the poor kid is screaming in terror... or forcing them on Big Thunder under the same conditions. It wouldn't be Disney's fault if a family brought small children to MGM for a "fright night" but- it wouldn't be the children's fault either that they are terrified to be in a place that should be fun for them...

all that said... this all goes back to...

THE PARENTS

BiggerTigger

Sorry to re-hash this topic, but I got to thinking :)lookaroun OH NO) If MGM got the more adult halloween event then maybe Epcot could do a Halloween event to showcase how the different Countries celebrate this holiday. This is similar to the different Santa Clauses they have for the Christmas holidays.

Here is a website that showcases Halloween around the World:

http://www.novareinna.com/festive/world.html

Ok, Discuss

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom