Disney..MGM...Needs help!!!

DisneyMedic

Original Poster
Ok just spent a week out here and today I went back to one of my fav parks. MGM really needs some attention. I love this park but it is lacking in alot of areas. First off if you really look there Other than the GRM.(my fav) there are only two rides there, TOT and RRC. I do not count the back lot tour more on that latter.

I remember when this park first opened and in some ways it was better. Now I love the addition of TOT and RRC but they took alot away. Superstar TV sits empty. One mans dream takes up a sound stage that could house an attraction. and the back lot tour is really not a tour other than going thru the canyon...Big deal.

Now they should keep the special effects water tank but ad other things to that presentation. I think the should get rid of sounds dangerouse and knock down some walls and combine that building with the old superstar tv building and out in an attraction. Maybe an omni-mover type ride that takes you thru the History of televison. they could have you travel thru shows of the past and maybe thru blue and green screans and actualy put you into the show. they could even combind this with the sounds dangerous element and out an aduid aspect into it. As for LMA...well once or twice is enough as far as I am concern. It just dosn't hold it for me. AS for Indy Please leave that alone. That is an awasome show and for some reason I never get tired of it. It is one of the few stunt show that I think can stand on its own.

I like the little Mermaid and beatuy and the beast and the other shows. And of course don't even think about messing with Fantasmic. But they need to ad more attractions. I think WWTBM has had its day and they could use that sound stage and the one mans Dream sound stages to put in a Kick ______ attraction.

Also the back lot area needs to be reworked. Now that LMA is there there is just nothing there for the tram to go thru. I saw build a state of the art water coaster and have it go thru the old Caynon, Maybe have the atraction start there.

It just seams when I walk thru this park that there is so much dead space that could be used. the park is small but they do have room if they really want to imagin.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Star Tours?
Muppets?

You want them to take out One Man's Dream when there is plenty of other space? OMD might not be the most popular attraction, but if it teaches a small group of people about Walt, then it is well worth it.
And WWTBAMPI is one of the most popular attractions at WDW ... why take it out?

You can't say things like "they should just knock down some walls" because you don't know the structural integrity of those buildings. If they were built to have the walls support them, you can't knock them down. Plus, fitting a ride/show/whatever into an existing space is never as good as creating a new space for that attraction. Especially when you are talking about rides.

A water coaster? What exactly does that have to do with "the Hollywood that never was, and always will be" which is the expressed theme of Disney-MGM studios?

For someone that "loves" the park, you sure don't like very much of it, at least, not from this post.

DisneyMedic

Original Poster
Any attraction (water coster or other wise) can be theamed to anything. Movie,story ect.. As for the walls it can be done. When the park first opened the WWTBM and One mans dream and the water tanks effects were all concected and were one attraction. You went in where the water tank effect show is and came out of the attract over at the little mermaid area. Anything can be done.. WDW mato..If you can dream it you CAN do it!!

Everything is going to need help at somepoint. Unfortunatley WDI doesnt have the man power (and budget) to do everything at once. Sooner or later MGM will get some attention. It has gotten attention with the addition of LMA. There are rumors flying all around saying how indy will be cleard to make an Indy ride like the one in california. Not to long ago George Lucas liked the idea of redoing star tours. Im not saying that any of these will be happening but im not saying that they wont happen. Everything is a rumor, if it will help the park then im all for it. Dont worry MGM will get attention sometime you might just have to wait awhile.

wdwishes2005

DisneyMedic said:
Any attraction (water coster or other wise) can be theamed to anything. Movie,story ect.. As for the walls it can be done. When the park first opened the WWTBM and One mans dream and the water tanks effects were all concected and were one attraction. You went in where the water tank effect show is and came out of the attract over at the little mermaid area. Anything can be done.. WDW mato..If you can dream it you CAN do it!!

disney can defy the laws of physics and gravity? :eek:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
DisneyMedic said:

There is something much different about making one building into many than making many buildings into one.

No, any attraction CAN'T be themed to anything. Tell me how you can fit a water coaster into the theme of the Studios. You can't just quote a "motto" and that makes it right.

mkepcotmgmak

i agree.

i LOVE the studios. I really think that after all this great attention to Epcot, Studios should be next. Star Wars is way too popular to have Star Wars as its attraction. I know it was huge at one time, but motion sims are a dime a dozen in every mall...

Beauty and the Beast, enlose the theater, change the script...

Voyage of the Little Mermaid... I used to really enjoy that show... not so much anymore... needs help, maybe a new show.

Studios needs a few more acutal "rides". I LOVE the shows... but they do need something in the form of a family ride. I LOVE TOT AND RNRC... but let's shoot for something that everyone will enjoy. I also think studios needs a good water ride!

I think it would help the studios out a LOT if they actually used the stages for filming again. It brought a lot of magic to the park, for me at least. As long as they don't change Hollywood and Sunset...

Oh, and add more streetmosphere... haha.

I think the studios will have its day after Epcot... :)

wdwishes2005

imho MGM is fine, maybe a c-ticket or something minor, mess around with sounds dangerous and WWTBAM and itll be fine for a few years. i say fix MK first before adding stuff elsewhere.

DisneyMedic

Original Poster
A water coster could be theamed around any movie. use your imagination. Example..Aramagedan. This could be a kick ______ ride. Or even better Posiden Adventure. You can theam any movie into an attraction.

mkepcotmgmak

wdwishes2005 said:
imho MGM is fine, maybe a c-ticket or something minor, mess around with sounds dangerous and WWTBAM and itll be fine for a few years. i say fix MK first before adding stuff elsewhere.

i think that just adding something to the huge empty spot called the ABC THEATER would be great! CINEMAGIQUE anyone!?

MK does not need any help... i have a LONG list of things i would like to see change/add/delete from the MK, but it really doesn't need help. They could close everything except the front gates, and people would probably still pour in. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*lends DisneyMedic his laptop with AutoCad*

Fine, you design it, lemme know how long it takes.

We've got ourselves another armchair quarterback :p

mkepcotmgmak

DisneyMedic said:
A water coster could be theamed around any movie. use your imagination. Example..Aramagedan. This could be a kick ______ ride. Or even better Posiden Adventure. You can theam any movie into an attraction.

Yzma and Kronk's trip to her secret lab... (WRONG LEVER!!!!) that would be a cool water ride!

The studios would also be a really cool spot for a Villain's attraction/land... Villains are a VERY important part to the 'movie' world. without them, there would be no movie! that could be the villains main idea for their own land at the studios... "Without us, there are no movies!" :)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
DisneyMedic said:

How in the world would you theme a water coaster to Armaggeddon? That makes zero sense. The Armaggeddon show at WDSP is a stretch in itself. I would DIE if they brought that here.

Poseidon Adventure isn't Disney, is too old for anyone to recognize, isn't popular, and most importantly isn't something that appeals to everyone. Its more of a "teen and up" movie. Not to mention how awful it was.

You can't just say "that would be good" and that makes it good. You also can't just say "theme it to X" and that makes it work as a theme.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Thrawn said:
I know that was sarcastic, but yes, lets theme the ride around everyone dying at the end! :D

Eddie Sotto suggested that idea for years and WDI toyed around with it - in the end it was scrapped. People don't goto theme parks to be sad or dead.

mkepcotmgmak

Thrawn said:
I know that was sarcastic, but yes, lets theme the ride around everyone dying at the end! :D

well, i feel comforatble in saying we all just learned a LOT more about you than we wanted to know... :lol: j/k.

Chernabog

Here's what I'm hearing...you think MGM needs help ( I agree that it is lacking something) and so you want someone to think up a really cool rie of somesort, stick it in a existing building, and then theme it to whatever appears to be popular at the time? If this is what you're asking for then may I direct you to Stitch's Great EsCape at the Magic Kingdom.
Here was a very popular and well done ride. It was gutted and they used the same "cool" ride tehniques, a popular movie, and an existing building and what did we get? We got crap with a storyline! :fork:
You cannot put limits on the imagineers creativity. I'm sure they have great ideas in the pipeline just waiting for approval or a budget or something that we don't know about. Let's not force them to waste money to build something crappy we'll all complain about later on okay? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

AEfx

Of the non-MK parks, MGM is the one I enjoy spending the most time in. It has a few issues, but I think it's in pretty good shape.

As far as rides go, yes, it could use one more nice E-ticket, but bewteen the shows (which are still largely popular, even in slower seasons) and other diversions I really do see it as a full day park at this point.

One of the things that really helps is the ineherent re-ridability of the two headline rides. Both RnR and ToT can be enjoyed multiple times, even in a row (though many people popularly alternate back and forth) because of the nature of the experiences. However, the consequence of this is a concentration of guests in that area of the park, so if we got one more ride of this type in another section of the park I really think a lot of the congestion issues would work themselves out. MGM isn't the tiny park it once was.

As to what that ride would be, well, of course I wish for an intricate dark ride. I'd be delighted for either of the long-standing rumors/fan wishes to come true - the Muppet Movie Ride, or IJA. I don't expect either of them to be built any time soon, but I can say it sure would be nice. Other than that, any high-volume attraction with an interesting theme would do well, I am sure.

LMA isn't my favorite, but it does suck crowds and I'm sure cost a bundle; I have a feeling it will be later rather than sooner when any new major attraction opens at MGM. I'll be delighted if something happens otherwise, but am really not expecting it anytime soon.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom