Disney MGM Evening EMH update

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Grizz will be happy.

In addition to the usual evening EMH offerings at MGM, One Man's Dream will be available to resort guests.

Current Evening offerings at MGM:

Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Rockin' Roller Coaster
Great Movie Ride
Muppetvision 3D
Magic of Disney Animation
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Sounds Dangerous
One Man's Dream

wannabeBelle

And let us not forget Mulch Sweat & Shears, our favorite hard rockin' landscapers performing on the hour by Star Tours during the EMH Hours!!! Belle

dave2822

Good news for One Man's Dream, but sidebar: all of those attractions combined can't ease the pressure off of ToT and RnRC on an EMH night. I don't know if anything like a Star Tours rehab is truly coming anytime soon, but another attraction away from these super - headliners that can draw guests in for EMH would certainly help MGM in the evening.

DisneyPants

let me just say two quick things:
1) Im obsessed with DisneyWorld but in my opinion the Star Tours ride itself is horrendous, as for the queue line and the surrounding area, it still looks amazing but once the ride begins...all i feel is boredom
2)EMH is a joke...ive got four or five times and although the wait times are slightly less it really isnt that much of a significant difference, i personally miss E-Rides night at MK where for like 15 bucks the park was empty...that was truly when you could do whatever rides whenever you want

diddy_mouse

Thanx for the update, merf! :cool: I'm still looking foward to EMHs and intrested in how it differs from E-Nights (besides the obvious fact that its free)

Chris_TX

Totally agree with you DisneyPants. E-Ride nights were the best. Last month, we intentionally avoided whichever park on the its EMH days. They were super crowded and we could enjoy the other parks more, as everyone packed the park with the EMH. Bring back E Ride Nights! It's the best $15 bucks I ever spent at Disney (it's less than lunch! :) )

dave2822

Remember the system is very new, it's crowded everywhere in WDW right now, this is the first time Disney has opened it's doors so consistently, and at parks other than MK.

Point? I'd take EMH over E-ride nights anyday.

$12 for about 15 times a summer at one park vs. free admission for a different park almost everyday all year? If you weren't at EMH nights, you'd be in the hotel probably anyway, so it's a win-win situation.

Chris_TX

You make a good point dave. But in my recent experience, we were not able to do ANYTHING during EMH at MK or MGM because the lines were SO LONG. Whereas when MK had e-ride nights, we were able to get on any open ride with little wait time.

From a business perspective, I see that it is in the Disney Co's best interest to use the current EMH scheme and I don't blame them. That is extra money in food & retail every day from one park or another. It's a brilliant plan, and the guests love having the extra time.

I love the experiment they are currently running with having a simultaneous Epcot EMH one or two nights a week. Hopefully that will work out, as 2 parks running concurrent EMH will even out the crowds while still turning a profit. I think having MK and MGM EMH simultaneously (at least during peak season) would be even better.

wdwishes2005

DisneyPants said:
let me just say two quick things:
1) Im obsessed with DisneyWorld but in my opinion the Star Tours ride itself is horrendous, as for the queue line and the surrounding area, it still looks amazing but once the ride begins...all i feel is boredom
2)EMH is a joke...ive got four or five times and although the wait times are slightly less it really isnt that much of a significant difference, i personally miss E-Rides night at MK where for like 15 bucks the park was empty...that was truly when you could do whatever rides whenever you want
now i must say this, i find the waits to be at most half the wait in the day.

Austin1

Sounds Dangerous is open for EMH? I think that has got to be the worst attraction at disney world. Not only is it a stupid concept to begin with but it's aged and trashy, complete waste of time IMO.

lawyergirl77

As I posted in the trip reports thread and in the trip planning thread, I'm not sure there's much that WDW can do to alleviate the crowding for the EMH nights at MGM. There are just too many people that get packed in to ride too few rides!! The lineup for the bracelets outside of RnRC was at least 45 minutes long (it sneaked all the way back to Tolluca Turkey Legs), but the lineup inside the gates for Fantasmic was practically deserted, as was the station on the other side of the park.

While it's a great idea to have One Man's Dream open during EMH, people still flock to ToT and RnRC during the EMH nights, and it seems to be worse than during the day! I don't think that there is a solution to that problem, simply because there doesn't seem to be a way to divert the crowd away from those headliner attractions.

And while I agree that the E-Ride nights were good, they were only for the MK and not for any other park, IIRC. Therefore, while I think that they might have alleviated the INSANITY that I saw at MGM on Sunday night, I can't help but think that it still would have been more of a madhouse than the MK would have been for its old E-Ride nights, simply because of the crowd concentration at the ToT and RnRC.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ya know, there are still crazed AP's in Cali who are mad this attraction is still operating with "their" desk.

bsandersjr

DisneyPants said:

Did you visit in the summer time? Maybe that is why it is sooo crowded. EMH is an option. Not a requirement. If you don't like the crowds you encounter for EMH, try to do something else. DTD is usually pretty fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom