Disney Merchandise Quality

harryk

Original Poster
Has anybody noticed that the quality of Disney Merchandise, especially clothing, has slowly declined?
Purchased T-shirts, sweat shirts, etc. as far back as 1977 up to 2017. The older clothing has not been shrinking, experienced little fading and held up very well right to today, while the clothing purchased in the last few years has been shrinking and fading and in general been wearing out. Seems as though it is being done on purpose by the buyers for Disney. Or has management made a conscious decision to reduce the quality of merchandise presented to the public.
I can't see how this helps the bottom line in the long run.

Captain Barbossa

Has anybody noticed that the quality of Disney Merchandise, especially clothing, has slowly declined?
Purchased T-shirts, sweat shirts, etc. as far back as 1977 up to 2017. The older clothing has not been shrinking, experienced little fading and held up very well right to today, while the clothing purchased in the last few years has been shrinking and fading and in general been wearing out. Seems as though it is being done on purpose by the buyers for Disney. Or has management made a conscious decision to reduce the quality of merchandise presented to the public.
I don't really wear Disney shirts anymore, even if I'm at the parks (waiting for mob to come after me). Mostly because all Disney shirts are made by hanes and I don't like the way haynes shirts feel. That and haynes typically do shrink.

Mindy55

I am a new member on here, and searched the subject, ‘Disney Merchandise quality’ your post came up!! It seems that the decline began in late 2015 and has continued.. I was wondering if you learned anything, I was hoping for some additional insight as well as positive news that the merchandise may be getting better soon!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom