Disney may buy Warner Bros Discovery after it merges this month?

is Disney is gonna buy Warner Bros Discovery?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 88.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Lucky Rabbit

But you know all of this is in development and it might change. Comcast might not buy WBD. Someone else might instead.
Like Disney Irish has said, this is YEARS away. But if it’s not Comcast the only other possibilities are Amazon and Apple. Disney would certainly get blocked because of antitrust issues.

Comcast is probably the ideal scenario for Disney. It may result in Comcast wanting DC in Universal Studios.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Like Disney Irish has said, this is YEARS away. But if it’s not Comcast the only other possibilities are Amazon and Apple. Disney would certainly get blocked because of antitrust issues.

Comcast is probably the ideal scenario for Disney. It may result in Comcast wanting DC in Universal Studios.
Unless Disney cleared the issues to buy WBD.

Lucky Rabbit

Unless Disney cleared the issues to buy WBD.
They wouldn’t. No way would Disney be allowed to own almost all the major studios.

But in your world view why would Disney want to? WB sold for $43 billion. With the addition of Discovery that price likely went up. Why take on all that debt? Discovery is having a difficult time managing the WB portfolio and streaming situation. Disney already has their own streamer and Hulu. It just makes no logistical sense for them to even consider it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It doesn't matter they aren't for sale.

CEO David Zaslav exclaiming, “We are not for sale, absolutely, not for sale.”
…so the exact opposite of what usually happens with a statement like that?

I don’t think they will be sold anyway. But who are we talking about here? Disney has significant revenue and cost concerns and they are a adrift in many ways creatively.

So not realistic anyway.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
…so the exact opposite of what usually happens with a statement like that?

I don’t think they will be sold anyway. But who are we talking about here? Disney has significant revenue and cost concerns and they are a adrift in many ways creatively.

So not realistic anyway.
I've stated many times that Disney isn't buying WB-Discovery.

The fact of the matter is that WB-Discovery can't be sold until 2024 anyways, it was part of the merger agreement between WB and Discovery, making what Zaslav stated at the time very true. What happens after that is anyone's guess, but as I've said before and I'll say again Disney isn't buying WB-Discovery. And you appear to agree.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've stated many times that Disney isn't buying WB-Discovery.

The fact of the matter is that WB-Discovery can't be sold until 2024 anyways, it was part of the merger agreement between WB and Discovery, making what Zaslav stated at the time very true. What happens after that is anyone's guess, but as I've said before and I'll say again Disney isn't buying WB-Discovery. And you appear to agree.
I do…

They wouldn’t be in that market as it stands. Seems redundant.

The Fox deal will scare most off/cause them to think long and hard (Iger lost a peeing contest there…by “winning it”)

but as other have said…it makes the most sense for other players

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes

kamnasrivastava

Okay guys if this merge wants to be brought by another company. It could be Disney or other companies, what are you think guys?
Its not impossible but I think there would be a lot of hurdles like government approvals and the cost on top of the cost of fox.

I remember reading way back when Michael Eisner looked into a Disney / Warner merger. I can’t remember how far it got of it was before or after ABC

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Its not impossible but I think there would be a lot of hurdles like government approvals and the cost on top of the cost of fox.

I remember reading way back when Michael Eisner looked into a Disney / Warner merger. I can’t remember how far it got of it was before or after ABC
No one, not even the government, would approve a Disney/Warner merger. That would upset competition, and make Disney too powerful. Forget it.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
No one, not even the government, would approve a Disney/Warner merger. That would upset competition, and make Disney too powerful. Forget it.
This is worst. Take a look at this now:

1951-2004 Looney Tunes shorts are been removed from HBO Max, and did not renew them. They're expired.
Now Disney aka Bob Iger has have to deal with Zaslav next year or so to end this, and Disney will buy Warner Bros. Discovery to fix this mess. Or Zaslav NEEDS to get FIRED now!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is worst. Take a look at this now:

1951-2004 Looney Tunes shorts are been removed from HBO Max, and did not renew them. They're expired.
Now Disney aka Bob Iger has have to deal with Zaslav next year or so to end this, and Disney will buy Warner Bros. Discovery to fix this mess. Or Zaslav NEEDS to get FIRED now!
I know that your hope is that Disney somehow saves WB from Zaslav, but its not going to happen and you need to accept that.

Disney, not even under Iger, can buy WB at this point. Disney would just not be allowed to by any government on the planet to buy WB Discovery. This again is just something you have to accept.

Also the only people that can fire Zaslav at this point is the Board of Directors for WB Discovery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom