Disney MaxPass reviews

Phroobar

Love isn't always free either...
CapitalExaltedCusimanse-max-1mb.gif

Phroobar

Didn’t regular fast pass already do that?
Not as badly as when you can instantly generate another fast pass for the current time while waiting in that fast pass line. I could do the same ride ten times in the amount of time the suckers in the stand by do it once.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why wouldn't guests want shorter lines for themselves? Huh?

You're assumption is that without FP there would be shorter lines. That doesn't always equate out like you think. A guest doesn't look at the ramifications of a FP on the rest of the system. That is Disney's job not a guests.

But to answer your direct question.

If a guest has the option to get to the front of the line faster no matter the wait time they will always do it. Its human nature.

dweezil78

Yeah. So the biggest issue is that Fastpass return lines now take up huge amounts of space because it's taking everyone forever to scan their phones or tickets. Previously the CM would just look at the FP you held up to them as you walked in. Now it's a process and there's no place in Disneyland to put extra lines. The park is basically full up.

Half (maybe more) of the time there's literally an open machine next to the group of people who can't figure out what to do... with a line of people just standing there waiting around. 100% of the time I side step these people, scan my pass, and continue walking.

dweezil78

2.) Am I able to get multiple Fastpasses at one time with Maxpass? In other words, can I be holding a Splash Mountain FP for 12, a Space FP for 2, and a RSR FP at 4?
YES, sorta. If you get there early enough and grab FPs while the windows are still early/soon enough and plentiful, you can conceivably stack 'em up as the window for your next FP becomes available. I've had as many as 3 FPS stacked in the app. You could in theory do exactly the same with paper, but that'd require you to run all around the park and isn't practical or realistic unless you're sprinting and not going on any rides.

My advice is to get there at rope drop -- and immediately book something that has a near-immediate FP window, like Haunted Mansion -- which often you can get an instant opening even with like a 30 min wait. Go on Splash or Pirates while knowing you can walk right onto HM. Your next FP window will open up quickly/maybe immediately, so then grab something close by like Big Thunder which also often has an open time slot pretty quickly if you're there early enough. When your next FP opens, get something like Indy which may be a little further down the line.

Also, if you're like me, use single rider whenever possible to avoid wasting FPs on those attractions -- although depending on time of day or how busy it is, single rider isn't always a better option.

3.) How much time does Maxpass really save? Is it enough to fit in even more attractions in a single day than you would without it and just using paper Fastpasses?
Way more than I ever thought it would. Being able to book your next FP the second the window opens up to do so is incredibly time saving, and as mentioned above, allows you to stack 'em like you could never do without it. Plus it also allows you to grab stuff over at DCA.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Half (maybe more) of the time there's literally an open machine next to the group of people who can't figure out what to do... with a line of people just standing there waiting around. 100% of the time I side step these people, scan my pass, and continue walking.

Its called the psychology of queuing. People will tend to form a line even when other spots are available. Its a strange phenomenon, there has been a whole study of it in psychology.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom