Disney Masks

MissViv

Someone, somewhere in the forum mentioned that if you can blow a match out while wearing the mask it isn't doing anything. I tried it with two different bandanas - one was OK, the other wasn't. I could not blow out the match while wearing any of my two-ply fabric masks.

They will probably be a little more than pre-ordering them and they will probably have different designs available. Will have to wait and see what the prices might be but I don't expect them to be outrageously priced.

BASS

Wearing a mask is complete nonsense. Disney will not have any requirements so you'll likely see a variety and the majority will do nothing.

It would be wise of the public to stop thinking that masks are helping things. They're not.

This is complete nonsense. Every authoritative source-you know, like folks that have actual degrees in science, not degrees on Twitter or YouTube-suggest that wearing masks limits the risk of transmission to others.

Whether it is appropriate at Disney or whether Disney will implement it is another discussion; but the above is scientifically determined.

Texas84

This is complete nonsense. Every authoritative source-you know, like folks that have actual degrees in science, not degrees on Twitter or YouTube-suggest that wearing masks limits the risk of transmission to others.

Whether it is appropriate at Disney or whether Disney will implement it is another discussion; but the above is scientifically determined.
I have a degree in chemistry and worked as a process engineer for a Fortune 250 chemical company. I disagree with you. Because science.

Pangyal

While on the topic of what kind of cloth masks are likely to be acceptable, does anyone have any thoughts on the plastic “face shield”- type mask? I found these that attach to hats, and thought that they seemed much more breathable than cloth while still covering the face appropriately (while looking understandably goofy).

1590081774932.jpeg

BASS

I have a degree in chemistry and worked as a process engineer for a Fortune 250 chemical company. I disagree with you. Because science.

Provide an authoritative source that suggests that wearing masks does not limit the risk of transmission to others. I won't even pretend to be a scientist. I'm not. But every thing I have read suggests thats the case.

G00fyDad

Provide an authoritative source that suggests that wearing masks does not limit the risk of transmission to others. I won't even pretend to be a scientist. I'm not. But every thing I have read suggests thats the case.

You cannot argue with people that are willfully ignorant. They WANT to be right because it fits their narrative and desires. Despite EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE that proves them wrong. Just do not engage. Allow these people to either be culled by this virus or survive. Some people like them who think it is not a big deal have gotten sick and come out the other side freaked out and advocating social distancing with masks. Just don't bother trying to convince anyone of the truth. They'll figure it out soon enough. ;) 👍

Chi84

Premium Member
When you talk about every single piece of evidence and the truth, just remember that more evidence is being collected and what is known changes. No one here knows the "truth" at this time no matter how much they want to be right.

BASS

When you talk about every single piece of evidence and the truth, just remember that more evidence is being collected and what is known changes. No one here knows the "truth" at this time no matter how much they want to be right.

I entirely agree with this. This is a new virus and the studies, evidence, etc. appear to be very fluid. Masks initially were downplayed and now that appears to be contrary to medical opinion.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
While on the topic of what kind of cloth masks are likely to be acceptable, does anyone have any thoughts on the plastic “face shield”- type mask? I found these that attach to hats, and thought that they seemed much more breathable than cloth while still covering the face appropriately (while looking understandably goofy).

View attachment 471608
If you could mount that shield on a solar-powered fan hat... now you've got a winner!
1590245470533.png

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Cloth Mask, Bandana, those pull up masks that seem to cover your entire neck,mouth and nose I suppose would work. The thing is you want something that is going to catch particles that will come out of your mouth or nose when you cough or sneeze. I think that is the main purpose of the mask. That is the main way this virus is transmitted I believe. They are now saying it is much harder to get the virus from touching a surface like a table so the airborne transmission is the biggie. So as of right now the mask is the best way to try and stop that.

jensenrick

View attachment 471608

I'd be down with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom