News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

I don't see any reason why they would wait. The two resorts are currently operating under different mitigation standards, I don't see why things would be different with masks.
There was a time when they intended to (back when DL would reopen last year or when it wasn’t going to reopen under rapidly improving conditions nationally). They were afraid they’d be forced to re-close DL. That time has passed and WDW will be allowed to function differently than DL.

MagicHappens1971

I’d have to agree with this one, I don’t think any decisions made about distancing, masks and anything else will be done at the exact same time. The resorts are operating on two completely different coasts and different states.
Also hate to reply to my own post, but the main fear, from my understanding was if anything “bad” happened at WDW it would hold back the reopening of DLR, now that they’re open and the pressure Gov Newsom is under in his state, I can’t imagine CA forcing a reclosure. I think we have to remember that while things may not be perfect we are starting to get out of the woods. And with the majority of the general public who would like their vaccine already getting it, or are well on their way to getting it, we will be reaching a point where things will get back to normal no matter who likes it or not. Just food for thought. TWDC is in the business of making money, and 35% capacity is not cutting it. Only way to increase capacity reasonably is to cut distancing to 3 feet to allow for more guests in queue areas, and to cut outdoor mask mandates, especially with the hot summer months coming. Those that are hesitant to be massless outside, can still choose to wear one. Change is on the horizon for WDW in my opinion, sooner rather than later.

Wendy Pleakley

Also hate to reply to my own post, but the main fear, from my understanding was if anything “bad” happened at WDW it would hold back the reopening of DLR, now that they’re open and the pressure Gov Newsom is under in his state, I can’t imagine CA forcing a reclosure. I think we have to remember that while things may not be perfect we are starting to get out of the woods. And with the majority of the general public who would like their vaccine already getting it, or are well on their way to getting it, we will be reaching a point where things will get back to normal no matter who likes it or not. Just food for thought. TWDC is in the business of making money, and 35% capacity is not cutting it. Only way to increase capacity reasonably is to cut distancing to 3 feet to allow for more guests in queue areas, and to cut outdoor mask mandates, especially with the hot summer months coming. Those that are hesitant to be massless outside, can still choose to wear one. Change is on the horizon for WDW in my opinion, sooner rather than later.

When you look at how busy WDW has gotten compared to 10 or 20 years ago, I'd bet that the current 35% capacity isn't far off from what used to be the off season. I'm sure they're making a profit.

Even more so in Anaheim, where people are actually paying full price for a change.

JD2000

We knew outdoor transmission was extremely rare over a year ago. The CDC and other health authorities true objectives should be questioned. Disney requiring masks outdoors should have never happened. And enforcing them indoors only would not be difficult. As there is already cast members before you enter indoors, no? This was usually the case at Disneyland before they closed.

ToTBellHop

We knew outdoor transmission was extremely rare over a year ago. The CDC and other health authorities true objectives should be questioned. Disney requiring masks outdoors should have never happened. And enforcing them indoors only would not be difficult. As there is already cast members before you enter indoors, no? This was usually the case at Disneyland before they closed.
Probably simplest to enforce masks as you enter a queue since no one is distancing in the queues and they are going to 3 feet soon. And there’s always a CM there. Once they go to 3 feet, you won’t see queues going half a mile into the park from the ride entrance like you do now.

Piebald

The universities in Florida are now only "recommending" masks and not requiring them, nor can professors deviate and force classes to wear masks. Aside from courtesy in stores and certain establishments, soon Disney and Universal will be one of the last places where you will have to wear a mask nearly the entire time.

I wonder at this point if the theme parks communicate with each other on this matter or if one is waiting for the other to do something. Or I wonder if internally they are trying to meet a threshold of vaccinated employees or finding ways to ensure they are not liable for non vaccinated employees to move on from a mask rule.

I'm really curious to see when they relax the policies.

ToTBellHop

The universities in Florida are now only "recommending" masks and not requiring them, nor can professors deviate and force classes to wear masks. Aside from courtesy in stores and certain establishments, soon Disney and Universal will be one of the last places where you will have to wear a mask nearly the entire time.

I wonder at this point if the theme parks communicate with each other on this matter or if one is waiting for the other to do something. Or I wonder if internally they are trying to meet a threshold of vaccinated employees or finding ways to ensure they are not liable for non vaccinated employees to move on from a mask rule.

I'm really curious to see when they relax the policies.
They do communicate on this. It is to their mutual benefit to have similar rules and messaging.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Depends on how you define "indoors". Where is the entrance to this shop in Adventureland? You would have a similar issue with the shops in the Morocco Pavilion.

1620828443524.png

tpac24

They do communicate on this. It is to their mutual benefit to have similar rules and messaging.
Universal was way more lenient with the outside mask rules. No one was hopping out of the air like a ninja if you were walking and drinking at the same time or pulled down for a second to catch your breath. You could eat and drink in outside lines.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
not to a large percentage of the population. Why do you think we have warnings on cleaning fluids not to drink ?
Or
Signs on the inside of sun shields not to drive with them in place.
We can't help those people. We shouldn't have to tailor our rules to them. Besides, Disney is getting adept at using signs - if an area is unclear, they can use one to say "masks required."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Depends on how you define "indoors". Where is the entrance to this shop in Adventureland? You would have a similar issue with the shops in the Morocco Pavilion.

View attachment 556830
The restaurant outdoor rules in NY were: 3 walls, you're indoors; 2 or 1 wall, you're outdoors.

The whole indoor mask thing will be moot in two months anyway once everyone who is willing to be vaccinated is.

Chi84

Premium Member
Universal was way more lenient with the outside mask rules. No one was hoping out of the air like a ninja if you were walking and drinking at the same time or pulled down for a second to catch your breath. You could eat and drink in outside lines.
This was happening at Disney also when we were there last week.

correcaminos

View attachment 556830
You can, again, rope off areas and make entrances. It's really not as hard as people claim. Other parks, including Disney parks, are able to do so.

As it is Morocco shops area is being used as a relaxation station so no masks...

Chi84

Premium Member
It isn't to me. As someone pointed out, the rule in New York is 3 walls is indoors , 2 or 1 is outdoors. Not sure how you would even apply that rule to this arrangement.
We just can't make this that hard. It isn't. It reminds me of when my kids were young and I asked them to do something they didn't want to do - they would ask question after question, making it seem as though I was asking them to invent a cure for cancer.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We just can't make this that hard. It isn't. It reminds me of when my kids were young and I asked them to do something they didn't want to do - they would ask question after question, making it seem as though I was asking them to invent a cure for cancer.

I am giving up on this argument. I can usually see both sides, but I cannot fathom how people don't see that the parks are filled with areas that are in a grey area between inside and outside. This is especially problematic when you are talking about theme park guests who have often checked their brain at the door.

Chi84

Premium Member
I am giving up on this argument. I can usually see both sides, but I cannot fathom how people don't see that the parks are filled with areas that are in a grey area between inside and outside. This is especially problematic when you are talking about theme park guests who have often checked their brain at the door.
For purposes of sufficient ventilation, if you can't tell the difference you're outside. I think that's what @CaptainAmerica meant by saying it's clear. Again, if it's that unclear then put up a sign. We need to go with the science and move past requiring masks outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom