News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
The title of the thread is Disney to relax mask policy. Why wouldn't we talk about the subject of the thread?
Because the post being addressed by the post you quoted (from our host, BTW) was talking about golf courses and schools in New Jersey. Not WDW.

Chi84

Premium Member
I thought they did change. I honestly don't keep up with it and I avoid the news at all costs. The only time I wear a mask anymore is at work.
Same for our server at Sanaa. He said he was mask-free all weekend and then had to wear both a mask and a shield at work on Monday. I’ve been at WDW for a week and if anyone gets sick here they must really be trying.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought they did change. I honestly don't keep up with it and I avoid the news at all costs. The only time I wear a mask anymore is at work.

They only changed the guidance in reaction to vaccinated people, so since Disney cannot ask for proof of vaccination, the changes don't impact Disney.

Chi84

Premium Member
They only changed the guidance in reaction to vaccinated people, so since Disney cannot ask for proof of vaccination, the changes don't impact Disney.
I thought the law was that businesses couldn’t deny entry based on lack of vaccination. Does it prohibit asking for any and all purposes?

Chi84

Premium Member
I don’t think they ever will. They will either require masks or they won’t. They aren’t going to require some and not others.
It depends on what happens in the future. I don’t know whether circumstances would ever make that a viable option for Disney; neither does anyone else. It’s a wait and see kind of thing.

GaBoy

It depends on what happens in the future. I don’t know whether circumstances would ever make that a viable option for Disney; neither does anyone else. It’s a wait and see kind of thing.
Thats the truth! I enjoy watching and commenting on what my experience has been through this mess but I realize one thing for sure...I think none of our opinions here will make a dime's worth of difference in what Disney decides to do and on their own schedule. But its fun to pretend that they are listening 😁

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
How would that even work?
Obviously, there’s no way to know how a system that may be implemented in the future would work under circumstances that do not yet exist. If COVID turns out to be a long-term problem rather than something that can be effectively controlled in the next few months, I can see society turning to vaccination passports to replace current restrictions.

peter11435

Obviously, there’s no way to know how a system that may be implemented in the future would work under circumstances that do not yet exist. If COVID turns out to be a long-term problem rather than something that can be effectively controlled in the next few months, I can see society turning to vaccination passports to replace current restrictions.
Yes. But political issues with that aside.. are you saying you would only allow those with passports to visit? Or are they just allowed to not wear masks. How do you police that in a theme park with tens of thousands of people?

Chi84

Premium Member
Yes. But political issues with that aside.. are you saying you would only allow those with passports to visit? Or are they just allowed to not wear masks. How do you police that in a theme park with tens of thousands of people?
Allow only people with passports to visit. As I said, this is something that is not being considered at this time, and rightfully so because it looks like we’re making progress to the point where restrictions can be dropped. In fact, they are being dropped.

But I can see it happening eventually if things change and there is no other way to get back to normal operations. In the near future, vaccinations will likely be required for international travel, cruises and some schools. Past that, I think we will have to wait to find out.

As far as monitoring, that will never be perfect. I’m at MCO and no one is social distancing. The woman in the seat across from me took off her mask to cough repeatedly and is now eating everything she can find in her bag. I guess we’ll see if my vaccine works 😊

mickeymiss

Allow only people with passports to visit. As I said, this is something that is not being considered at this time, and rightfully so because it looks like we’re making progress to the point where restrictions can be dropped. In fact, they are being dropped.

But I can see it happening eventually if things change and there is no other way to get back to normal operations. In the near future, vaccinations will likely be required for international travel, cruises and some schools. Past that, I think we will have to wait to find out.

As far as monitoring, that will never be perfect. I’m at MCO and no one is social distancing. The woman in the seat across from me took off her mask to cough repeatedly and is now eating everything she can find in her bag. I guess we’ll see if my vaccine works 😊
To be fair, they are packing planes like sardines anyway 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom