News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikaze

I don’t know what you guys think Disneys image is right now but I’ll give you a hint - It’s not good.
Better than you think. You don't get a fair representation on sites like this.

Not to say it hasn't definitely gone down recently, because it has, but to even suggest they're in the same area as Comcast is laughable.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Not to say it hasn't definitely gone down recently, because it has, but to even suggest they're in the same area as Comcast is laughable.
They’re never regarded badly (for long)…

they have perhaps the strongest brand loyalty of any company on earth…and they’re stock darlings

but they’re not stock darlings for the reason the Bobs think

Kamikaze

They’re never regarded badly (for long)…

they have perhaps the strongest brand loyalty of any company on earth…and they’re stock darlings

but they’re not stock darlings for the reason the Bobs think
They're stock darlings for the main reason that this site hates - the value of their IP.

Trauma

Ok so if the argument is only hardcore fans have a negative perception of Disney let me ask you this.

How many “normal” fans even know Comcast owns Universal?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Is this going to be the excuse every time another entertainment, theme park, hospitality company, or even city for that matter adapts to changes on the ground and WDW maintains their status quo? "Disney is better than everyone else and how dare you compare them."
Disney does their own thing - they always have.

mkt

Premium Member
Ok so if the argument is only hardcore fans have a negative perception of Disney let me ask you this.

How many “normal” fans even know Comcast owns Universal?
What's the relevance?

That's like asking how many Disney fans know that GM owns Cadillac.

Trauma

What's the relevance?

That's like asking how many Disney fans know that GM owns Cadillac.
DisneyCane said:
Why doesn't Universal have the same PR/liability issue? Comcast is also a huge company. Their market cap is only $40 billion less than Disney (14% or so).
“Because Comcast doesn't have close to the same image as Disney.”

“Comcast knows they're hated.”

Your words not mine

mkt

Premium Member
“Because Comcast doesn't have close to the same image as Disney.”

“Comcast knows they're hated.”

Your words not mine
Your post wasn't as easy to understand.

Most people won't know Comcast owns Universal, but Comcast makes no effort in avoiding synergies across all of their brands, so it's far from a secret.

Last edited:

Ayla

That second article is from June of 2020.

JoeCamel

Most people won't know Comcast owns Universal, but Comcast makes no effort in creating synergies across all of their brands, so it's far from a secret.
No effort? What would you say they did with F&F, jurrassic park, et, Harry freekin potter?

Trauma

Most people won't know Comcast owns Universal, but Comcast makes no effort in avoiding synergies across all of their brands, so it's far from a secret.
Let me make it easier for you.

You said Universal can do what it wants with masking without fear of PR backlash because people hate Comcast.

A few posts later you agree that most “normal”
fans don’t know Comcast owns Universal.

So which is it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They're stock darlings for the main reason that this site hates - the value of their IP.
No…they’re Dow 30 because of their resiliency/ability to stabilize and rebound when the market is bear…always have.

the Bobs have portrayed them as a potential “boom” to institutional investors. That’s how the trouble starts…entertainment companies aren’t “boom”

mkt

Premium Member
Let me make it easier for you.

You said Universal can do what it wants with masking without fear of PR backlash because people hate Comcast.

A few posts later you agree that most “normal”
fans don’t know Comcast owns Universal.

So which is it?
I chose my words improperly, so let me rephrase it.

The public doesn't hold Universal to the same standard as Disney, beyond that, Universal's ownership (Comcast) knows they're hated.

Trauma

I chose my words improperly, so let me rephrase it.

The public doesn't hold Universal to the same standard as Disney, beyond that, Universal's ownership (Comcast) knows they're hated.
Well now we can agree on something 😀

Edit : 😷

Phew that was close I almost accidentally exposed you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom