News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

Didn't they drop masks in May based on positivity rate alone? Unless things have changed, it doesn't seem they're waiting for kids to get the vaccine.
They dropped them due to CDC guidance. I don’t see that guidance changing until vaccines are available to all kids since it will be linked to masks no longer being recommended in schools.

Seanual757

Didn't they drop masks in May based on positivity rate alone? Unless things have changed, it doesn't seem they're waiting for kids to get the vaccine.

We stayed for a week in June (1st week) we still had to wear masks indoors the following week it was mandatory for unvaccinated folks and optional for those vaccinated. The week it was optional I could count on 2 hands the number of folks wearing masks and 5 of those were my children Nobody wore a mask and no way you can tell me everyone of those were vaccinated including the children. This is one of the reasons why we are back to masks.

Chi84

Premium Member
They dropped them due to CDC guidance. I don’t see that guidance changing until vaccines are available to all kids since it will be linked to masks no longer being recommended in schools.
I haven't been following. Has the CDC given any indication that its mask guidance is dependent on the availability of vaccines to kids?

ToTBellHop

I haven't been following. Has the CDC given any indication that its mask guidance is dependent on the availability of vaccines to kids?
Cases falling in schools will be dependent upon vaccine availability. This is why pediatric cases are sky-rocketing.

Trauma

Why would masks no longer be recommended in schools?

It very clear the majority of children will not be vaccinated, at least without a mandate.

My daughter goes to high school where all kids are eligible to be vaccinated, and she still has to mask despite being vaccinated.

pdude81

Pick orange county, but look at the whole map for Florida. Truthfully most of the US looks the same

ToTBellHop

Why would masks no longer be recommended in schools?

It very clear the majority of children will not be vaccinated, at least without a mandate.

My daughter goes to high school where all kids are eligible to be vaccinated, and she still has to mask despite being vaccinated.
Most school districts are waiting for vaccine to be available to all K-12 students, not some. Parents would flip if their 7th graders were maskless but not their 1st graders. So we wait for higher vaccination rates and lower case rates.

And, actually, most children will be vaccinated if you trust surveys. Most kids 12-17 have already received at least 1 dose.

CaptainAmerica

They actually didn’t. People didn’t listen. Apparently people can’t be trusted.
That is half correct. When Disney dropped the outdoor mandate, they dropped it for everyone, which was contrary to the CDC guidance at the time. When Disney dropped the indoor mandate, they dropped it for only vaccinated individuals (which everyone then ignored.)

Lilofan

That is half correct. When Disney dropped the outdoor mandate, they dropped it for everyone, which was contrary to the CDC guidance at the time. When Disney dropped the indoor mandate, they dropped it for only vaccinated individuals (which everyone then ignored.)
Which "everyone then ignored" is merely an opinion and not based on fact.

CaptainAmerica

Truthfully most of the US looks the same
*Whispers...* including the parts that have maintained mask mandates this whole time.

David Ige made the exact opposite decision as Ron DeSantis through every step of this pandemic, yet he still ended up with the same Delta wave as Florida. His state has 5,000 miles of ocean between them and California and they still couldn't keep Delta out. Virus gonna virus.

ToTBellHop

My reading of CDC policy at the time the outdoor mask mandate dropped was that vaccinated individuals along with unvaccinated individuals in small groups (i.e. Families) could go without as long as distanced from other groups, which Disney claimed was the case back then (we know better, of course).

Trauma

Most school districts are waiting for vaccine to be available to all K-12 students, not some. Parents would flip if their 7th graders were maskless but not their 1st graders. So we wait for higher vaccination rates and lower case rates.

And, actually, most children will be vaccinated if you trust surveys. Most kids 12-17 have already received at least 1 dose.
Vaccination Intentions Among Parents Of Children Currently Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccination. Among parents of children ages 12-17, for whom the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is currently authorized, 41% now say their child has received at least one dose of a vaccine.

That doesn’t read as most children to me.

I would also assume hesitancy will be higher with younger children.

ToTBellHop

*Whispers...* including the parts that have maintained mask mandates this whole time.

David Ige made the exact opposite decision as Ron DeSantis through every step of this pandemic, yet he still ended up with the same Delta wave as Florida. His state has 5,000 miles of ocean between them and California and they still couldn't keep Delta out. Virus gonna virus.
I live in CT, with one of the highest vaccination rates in the country. Our Delta wave has been pretty minuscule. Not that this speaks to masking. But it does point to the importance of vaccinating many.

CaptainAmerica

My reading of CDC policy at the time the outdoor mask mandate dropped was that vaccinated individuals along with unvaccinated individuals in small groups (i.e. Families) could go without as long as distanced from other groups, which Disney claimed was the case back then (we know better, of course).
My only point is that I think people who are implying that Disney would never dare defy CDC guidance are making a huge assumption that is not supported by the facts. CDC guidance is not binding and Disney will absolutely practice "charitable interpretation" of the guidelines to make what they feel is the best business decision (i.e. whatever they can get away with from a PR perspective).

The CDC says you should cook beef to 145 degrees, but you can still order a rare stake at Le Cellier. The CDC's COVID guidance is no more binding than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom