Disney Magic Express Pre-book?

MagicPorcupine

Original Poster
I am going to Caribbean Beach Resort on 31st July. We are flying from Oklahoma to McCoy Orlando (we live in the UK but we're visiting relatives in OK first) and will arrive in Orlando about midnight. I think I read somewhere you have to pre-book the Magic Express bus service from the airport to the resort. Is this true? I thought it was a free service - don't you just turn up and get on? If you have to pre-book, how do you go about this and whom do you contact?

brertigger

You do have to prebook, due to Orlando Internation Airport contract terms with Disney. All the limo drivers objected to potential clients walking up to Disney and not paying them any money.

I think WDW Reservations can take care of ME for you. It is a very simple and fairly quick process (they link your hotel reservation to your flight).

MagicPorcupine

Original Poster
Pre-booking Magic Express

When I said McCoy, I meant Orlando International Airport whose identifier is MCO as I believe it was once known as McCoy Airport. No doubt I'm living in the past! :confused:

RonAnnArbor

DME absolutely MUST be pre-booked, even though it is free. Contact your vacation planner or call Disney reservations directly. If you have not prebooked, you will be turned away at the DME counter and directed to the Mears bus service or the cabs (neither free).

MagicPorcupine

Original Poster
Pre booking Magic Express

Thanks for all the replies everyone - I have now prebooked the Magic Express (quite a "Hogwartian" name that doncha think? :) ) and really looking forward to the trip in August :sohappy:

MagicPorcupine

Original Poster
Just thought I'd report that I am now back home after the vacation and happy to tell you that the DME worked like a dream - no problems at all, and REALLY easy to use. And our luggage arrived safely in our room within about one hour of our arrival - excellent!!:sohappy:

luna99

DME absolutely MUST be pre-booked, even though it is free. Contact your vacation planner or call Disney reservations directly. If you have not prebooked, you will be turned away at the DME counter and directed to the Mears bus service or the cabs (neither free).

just wanted to let you know that wasn't the case for me.

I hadn't flown into orlando in a long time and previously when I stayed at a disney resort, I just jumped on a bus .. so I assumed it was the same way this time.

we landed at the airport and I saw all the signs saying you had to pre-book and was worried we'd have to pay for a cab or something but when I explained the situation I was told it wasn't a problem.

My boyfriend and I did have to get into one line to register or something like that then get in another line to wait for the bus.. and we thought that was a little weird, but other than that everything went smoothly. I would recommend pre-booking though, just in case.

RonAnnArbor

You were lucky - and Disney isn't one to alienate it's patrons right at the start. The policy in general is that it must be prebooked - people should not assume that if they forgot to prebook that they will just be let on the busses -- that being said, Disney is in the business of keeping customers happy so that they spend more money...Glad it worked out for you!

luna99

You were lucky - and Disney isn't one to alienate it's patrons right at the start. The policy in general is that it must be prebooked - people should not assume that if they forgot to prebook that they will just be let on the busses -- that being said, Disney is in the business of keeping customers happy so that they spend more money...Glad it worked out for you!

me too! my boyfriend was already a little skeptical about disney so it would have given something to complain about and rub in my face if it didn't work out. haha. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom