Disney locations trigger a happy memory

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
Disney locations that trigger happy or funny memories.
On a visit to WDW when my son was eight years old we decided to leave the Magic Kingdom late one morning and explore the Monorail resorts. While exploring the Grand Floridian my son heard the rattle of plates and smelled food. He declared he was hungry and asked could he please have something to eat. I said yes and he said “Dad I think we can get something to eat over here.”
The next events occurred in approximately a twenty second time span.
My son with his flat top hair cut, wearing his Tom Brady Patriot’s football shirt, cargo shorts and Nike’s and looking every bit like the Pop Warner football player he was, walked right by the hostess and into “My Disney Girl’s Perfect Princess Tea”.
The hostess’ eyes got as big as saucers and she started shaking her head at me as if to say “NO you don’t want to be here.”
Talking at the Tea stopped as all the little girls wearing tiaras looked up at my son and exclaimed “OH”. I swear one of the little princesses battered her eyes at him.
My son turned as red as a beet, did a perfect parade ground about face, and walked out of the tea.
The hostess and I burst out laughing. After we caught our breath I apologized for the intrusion and she stated she wouldn’t have missed that for the world.
My son was waiting for me a few feet away and was muttering about girls having cooties.
Of course If that same thing occurred today, as my son is eleven years old and has discovered that girls don’t actually have cooties I can see him making a date to ride the haunted mansion.
Now, when I see the Grand Floridian, our Perfect Princess Tea adventure is the first thing I remember.

Dragonrider1227

LOL Cute story :) I'm not a huge fan of Liberty Square (other than the Haunted Mansion) but that spot in front of the Hall of Presidents (I think) has a special meaning to me since it's where I saw the Main St. Electrical Parade!

MickeyDent

I would have to say one of the most memorable spots to me is in the Magick Kingdom. It is the spot right outside the Haunted Mansion, right where the cart is that sell the T-shirts. When I was about 6 years old, my parents took me and my sister on the Haunted Mansion. They had bought us both a set of Mickey Mouse ears which I had proudly been wearing all day. When we went on the haunted mannsion though, I lost them. It was in the stretching room. When the lights went out, and I looked up, they simply fell off. I was not aware of this though. After the ride was over and we left, we made it to about where that cart is. My sister turned to me and said "Your hat is gone!"
I started to cry and swore that a ghost had stolen my mouse ears. Well, my big sister couldn't stand to see her little brother so upset. She promptly took off her own set of ears and placed them on my head. To this day I can still hear say "That's o.k. Mikey. You can have mine."

SplashMtn.

I would have to say one of the most memorable spots to me is in the Magick Kingdom. It is the spot right outside the Haunted Mansion, right where the cart is that sell the T-shirts. When I was about 6 years old, my parents took me and my sister on the Haunted Mansion. They had bought us both a set of Mickey Mouse ears which I had proudly been wearing all day. When we went on the haunted mannsion though, I lost them. It was in the stretching room. When the lights went out, and I looked up, they simply fell off. I was not aware of this though. After the ride was over and we left, we made it to about where that cart is. My sister turned to me and said "Your hat is gone!"
I started to cry and swore that a ghost had stolen my mouse ears. Well, my big sister couldn't stand to see her little brother so upset. She promptly took off her own set of ears and placed them on my head. To this day I can still hear say "That's o.k. Mikey. You can have mine."

Awww now thats just adorable.

DisneyFanLS

Cinderella Castle....My Disney wife and I got engaged there (in front) in 1999...still gets me everytime I see a picture or in person....:D :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom