News Disney Legend Richard M. Sherman Passes Away At Age 95

TrainsOfDisney

He returned back to the piano after that to play 'Feed the Birds' before wrapping up and going home.
That’s what makes Disney so special. The long-time former piano player at Casey’s - Jim - he would often play Feed the Birds as well. Love hearing this.
I understand the Grand Floridian pianist also did some tribute sets for them, I just don't have a video.
Semi-retired but long time WDW piano player Carol Stein (Comedy Warehouse, Rose & Crown, etc.) was filling in at least some of this weekend at the Grand I saw it come across instagram.

MK-fan

Its amazing to me that there are only two pages dedicated to this man. So many emotions and experiences are the result of the Sherman brothers. I suspect that the parks would not be so successful without them. Too many people do not take the time to understand where their amazing vacations come from. Rest in peace Dick. Thank you for all that you did for the movies and the parks! Now you can play “Fred the Birds” for Walt once again. I hope you and your brother reconcile now that you are together again!
Exactly. This man and his brother defined Disneyland music and you’ll barely see any of these vloggers lay a mention to Richard Sherman’s passing. If you’re a so-called Disney park superfan, you should definitely know who the man was.

maleficentfan

I was just in London and listened to Feed The Birds at the foot of St. Paul’s and appropriately bawled my eyes out. Mary Poppins was my dad‘s favorite Disney movie (and mine) and his favorite song from that film was Feed The Birds. All I can say is seeing St. Paul's in person was way more emotional than I thought it would be, and even after his passing in 2010, I definitely felt my father there with me. And it's all because of Richard and Robert Sherman. I'll never be able to thank them or Walt Disney enough for that amazing connection my dad and I had. Which, let's be honest, was Walt's goal. Thanks for all the memories. Now, go play Walt and my Dad our favorite song. 💔😭

Attachments

• IMG_8107.jpg
    IMG_8107.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8109.jpg
    IMG_8109.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 26

TeriofTerror

Exactly. This man and his brother defined Disneyland music and you’ll barely see any of these vloggers lay a mention to Richard Sherman’s passing. If you’re a so-called Disney park superfan, you should definitely know who the man was.
I legit cried myself to sleep Saturday night listening to Sherman Brothers songs.
I wish there were more tributes to them.

seabreezept813

Feed the Birds is the lullaby I have always sang to my girls and they still request it regularly. I tear up every vacation in the Once Upon a Toy shop when the instrumental version comes on... love all of the Sherman brothers work, but boy is that one special. We were lucky to have them.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
That’s what makes Disney so special. The long-time former piano player at Casey’s - Jim - he would often play Feed the Birds as well. Love hearing this.

Semi-retired but long time WDW piano player Carol Stein (Comedy Warehouse, Rose & Crown, etc.) was filling in at least some of this weekend at the Grand I saw it come across instagram.
I did Sherman Brothers medleys all weekend at Jellyrolls. Makin’ Memories got cheers Saturday night!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom