News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Dedicated thread for Animal Kingdom's new daytime show.

Disney KiteTails daytime show flying into Disney's Animal Kingdom for the 50th anniversary​

89p43uihg9reyhuifd.mp4

Last edited:

Tom P.

I’m excited for new entertainment but afraid with no shade this theater will be unbearably hot.

I love the concept! I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but didn't we hear the seats there get insanely hot in the sun? Any chance they'll figure out a way to add shade or something?

To be fair, unbearably, insanely hot is kind of Animal Kingdom's trademark. :)

techgeek

I love the concept! I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but didn't we hear the seats there get insanely hot in the sun? Any chance they'll figure out a way to add shade or something?

Forgetting that the sun exists and can be an issue during the daytime in Central Florida is sort of a WDI tradition.

Maybe they’ll try to fix it with a bunch of umbrellas, like Toy Story land.

techgeek

I will also note that we will have this announced - in the middle of the day right out in the elements - while we still will have a fully enclosed air conditioned large capacity theater… literally across the pathway… standing dark. Not a peep about Nemo returning right? Unless I missed something?

ToTBellHop

I have been at WDW in October and it felt just as hot as August.

Yep. Temps can still be in the mid-90's in October. October used to be our go-to month until I figured out it isn't much cooler than the summer.
Temperature, sure. But, I haven’t found the sun to be as oppressive (because, of course, it isn’t). Walkways around the pool don’t burn my feet like in June, for example.

ptaylor

Premium Member
From the art, we have some land based kites, and then a couple of jet skies for the water based kites. I am really struggling to see how this can be an entire show that is going to be worthy of loading thousands of people into the theater to see.

I think this would have been better as a moment that takes place on the water without making it into an actual show.

Guess we will see, but I'm very skeptical if this is going to be a worthy addition.

iowamomof4

I'm guessing this will be a project for Kiteman - the same company that performed the EPCOT Forever kites.

Wait, didn't I read that the kites in EF weren't even functioning properly not long before everything closed due to the pandemic? And now they're building an entire show based on kites from the same company?? 🤔

trainplane3

Wait, didn't I read that the kites in EF weren't even functioning properly not long before everything closed due to the pandemic? And now they're building an entire show based on kites from the same company?? 🤔
More like before EF even premiered, when EF premiered, and during EF's entire run.

But we don't know if these if electronics in them. I'll assume since it's a daytime show they won't.

iowamomof4

More like before EF even premiered, when EF premiered, and during EF's entire run.

But we don't know if these if electronics in them. I'll assume since it's a daytime show they won't.

Okay, that makes sense. I wasn't sure what part of the kites wasn't working, so if it was the lights then that obviously wouldn't be a problem during the day. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom