News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

TheMaxRebo

This was not the greatest show, but I hate to see anything taken away at this point.

Part of the challenge is that WOC is set in a made "pond" with concrete bottom while at AK it is more natural and so dirt and plant life, etc is in the water that clogs the water sprayers so can't have them there and stored under the water, etc

Could do a similar show but would need different technology

StantonZ

I imagine that’s far more expensive. Photos of the WOC area show a gazillion pipes and things under the water.
Oh yeah: I've seen WoC "drained" and it's incredibly complex. I suspect they only made the water deep enough to hide the nozzles...because you couldn't build/maintain that network in anything like the current RoL pond. Doesn't mean they can't "start over" though (WoC is very cool).

ToTBellHop

Did they ever start the 50th? Couldn’t tell lol
I have a t-shirt and new-found confidence that comes with the knowledge that I are, in fact, the Magic. Know that you are not; only I are.
1663197018487.gif

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
When it was at full strength it was easily my favorite of the 3 new shows from the last year. They really bled it out slowly when shortening, removing performers, not scheduling and then maybe acted surprised when low attended.

eddie104

Yea I think the solution of filling the pond and just building an actual attraction would be good idea at this point.

Several shows expensive and cheap have failed at this location so maybe that’s a sign it’s not meant to be.

WorldExplorer

They could always try a show that's relatively cheap but actually GOOD?

At least something that doesn't regularly fail in spectacular and funny ways that are very tempting to put on social media and subsequently make it a laughing stock?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yea I think the solution of filling the pond and just building an actual attraction would be good idea at this point.

Several shows expensive and cheap have failed at this location so maybe that’s a sign it’s not meant to be.
If you're going to do that, then just cement in the pond and make it a fountain show (with drones). They already have the ampitheater.

They can make the whole river around the Tree of Life like the Jungle Cruise or RoA 'rivers.'

Or, just build some faux ruins into the pond that hide misting screen fountains.... and add drones.

trainplane3

Probably, but they weren't really 50th specific - just happened to time that way.
*Whispers*
Electrical Water Pageant with 50th tag

Not surprised about the jet skis. Really fun to see something happening on the water in Epcot that wasn't a barge or a friendship boat.

eddie104

If you're going to do that, then just cement in the pond and make it a fountain show (with drones). They already have the ampitheater.

They can make the whole river around the Tree of Life like the Jungle Cruise or RoA 'rivers.'

Or, just build some faux ruins into the pond that hide misting screen fountains.... and add drones.
That’s a great idea.

Vegas Disney Fan

That’s a better blue sky idea than anything mentioned at D23… And all for less than a single Harmonious barge likely cost.

With all the tech on those (reportedly) soon to be scrapped barges they could probably reuse 90% of it in your new show and the price would be even lower.

Couple buildings surrounded by a couple (treated) pools with some fountains and it‘s instantly better than any of the shows they’ve had so far in that spot.

Disone

Do we have any confirmation on those “reportedly” being scrapped though? I see a simple reprogramming.
The only thing that wdwmagic has said is that sight lines will be improved. What that specifically means in this moment is in the eye of the beholder. For some they translate that as the Stargate is going and the barges are staying. For others they translate that as a liquidation sale.... everything's got to go!

Time will tell.

Gran Fiesta

D’Amaro admitted it was a failure on Sunday. He didn’t directly say so, but he said so nonetheless.

“We are listening to you. We know we failed. We are fixing our failures.” Failures are DE, Harm, Dinoland, MK is too crowded, etc.
I wish they would listen to everyone telling them to fill already empty spaces like Stitch

JohnD

D’Amaro admitted it was a failure on Sunday. He didn’t directly say so, but he said so nonetheless.

“We are listening to you. We know we failed. We are fixing our failures.” Failures are DE, Harm, Dinoland, MK is too crowded, etc.

50th overall. What a huge disappointment. I could tell the moment I walked in to MK on 10/1/21. Queues everywhere for stuff. No mention of Walt or recognition for his vision. Mobile order failing everywhere. The only silver lining was attractions had lighter queues because of all the guests in shop queues around the park. DE was part of the disappointment. Just a new fireworks show with IP in it. I appreciate the Walt tag which they finally added and am seeing in several weeks but too little too late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom