Disney June 8-16

Bryy2001

Hey guys. Just a few quick questions....I just booked a WDW vacation for 8 nights this coming June 8 through the 16th. How are crowds at that time? I figured they wouldn't be so bad, because some schools aren't out just yet then. We have always gone to WDW the 3rd week of March or so, so we are pretty used to the Easter and Spring Break crowds. How do the crowds in the biginning of June compare? Weather? Any other comments would be great! M:S opening date speculation always welcome!! Thanks guys!

disneydentist

I'll add an advance thank you to anyone who posts any info, too. We'll be there at the same time and I was going to post this same question somewhere down the road. The biggest crowds that we've been exposed to have been at Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

Don't know if this will help a whole lot, but here goes.

From doing research on the past years we've been down, and trying to remember previous posts from this site, the first two weeks of June start off slow to moderate then quickly build the last two weeks as schools let out for the summer and the summer vacation attendence dramatically picks up.

We are planning to arrive on June 14. I would rather arrive on the 7th, but due to a summer band rehearsal schedule for one of my sons, the 14th is the earliest that we can avoid schedule conflicts.

Added as edit: I believe that in June it is fairly common to have almost daily afternoon showers.

I'm sure there are members who live/work there who can help with this one.

Upvote 0

aTmfan

FYI, the beginning of your stay coincides with the last part of the gay days at WDW. MK on June 7th is the major day to avoid. I believe there is more info at a gaydays website. I believe the gay day at AK is scheduled for June 5th, MGM on the 6th, Epcot may be on the 8th.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say that I see some of your stay coincides with fathers day. If you plan on eating at any sit down restraunt with table service that day please make your priority seatings as soon as possible. We were there for some of the time period you mentioned. For fathers day we picked chef mickeys and I made my PS as soon as I could from home. I just chuckled to myself when I saw guests actually walking in and seeing if they could get a table. The happy hostess CM replied, oh I am very sorry, but this has been sold out for at least the last two months. I did notice that the Monday after fathers day there was a huge and I mean huge amount of people in the MK. It was also open one hour early that day. You could really tell the crowd difference, lots more kids out of school. We almost lost one of our kids in tommorrowland due to the crush of people. My DH yelled at me because I was yelling for my kids because I did not have them in sight distance and they were little. It was getting pretty hot also. Lots of drinks, sunscreen and ponchos for rain in the PM.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
WDW in June

We will also be going to WDW during this time as well. This is when our family normally goes. Actually many schools will be out by this time, I am a teacher and we get out the first week in June. The parks are crowded but as long as you are staying at a WDW Resort you will at least get an extra hour sometimes. The weather is quite hot at this time and then mid to late June is the start of rainy season. Again staying at a WDW resort will provide a nice pool break during the day. I personally think this is a great time to go things seem to be open later. Hope you have a great time! Just remember if the line is long by pass it and come back later, like 3-4 o'clock.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom