News Disney Jollywood Nights 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to a new casting notice, Disney Live Entertainment is seeking Seasonal Dancers for Disney Jollywood Nights.

Here's the casting call:

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 8.33.59 AM.png

brb1006

I thought this would been a one time thing like Villains Night. They better make up for last year's event by making a walkaround version of Ollie, the "Mascot" for Jollywood Nights. Because a glowing sign, cardboard cutouts and a photo on a park map won't cut it.
2023-wdw-dhs-jollywood-nights-sign-new-character-ollie-700x525.jpg

2023-wdw-dhs-jollywood-nights-ollie-character-cut-out.jpg

2023-wdw-dhs-jollywood-nights-ollie-new-character-3-486x600.jpg

And can we please have a better variety of Disney Characters to meet that ain't just Mickey and Friends and Pixar Characters (looking at you Toy Story, Incredibles, and Monsters Inc) for the millionth time.
jollywood-nights-character-costumes-1.jpg

Sure they added more characters as the event progressed, but that was after it became a laughing stock from vloggers, locals, and critical fans of WDW. Heck, some Disney Characters meetable for Jollywood Nights (such as Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket) previously used to be common meetable characters that weren't locked behind a ticketed event or meets non-seasonal events.

Meanwhile, Disneyland has a much healthier variety when it comes to Disney Characters for guests to meet or interact during the Christmas seasons and non-Holiday Seasons beginning sometime in 2014 or 2015. Disneyland's Tommorowland has a Christmas Dance Party where they bring out the kittens from The Aristocats (Marie, Toulouse, and Berlioz) , Clarice, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow among others to witness. Heck Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland has been doing this for almost 20 years now!

And please don't get me started with DCA's Oogie Boogie Bash making WDW's MNSSHP look like a joke since they have better selection of Disney Villains out during the Trick or Treat Trials. They even introduced a walkaround version of Madam Mim from The Sword in the Stone in 2022. By modern Disney standards, that's a serious deep cut!

Is the Walt Disney World Resort allergic to Disney Characters that ain't The Sensational Six, characters from The Disney Renaissance Era and the post-Frozen era of Disney? Because I remember when WDW used to have a better balance when it comes to older and newer Disney Characters up till 2013. Is the Iger/Chapek era of Disney that biased towards older and lesser-known Disney Characters at WDW?

Last edited:

drew81

I thought this would been a one time thing like Villain Night. They better make up for last year's event by making a walkaround version of Ollie, the "Mascot" for Jollywood Nights. Because a glowing sign, cardboard cutouts and a photo on a park map won't cut it.
View attachment 789604
View attachment 789605
View attachment 789607

And can we please have a better variety of Disney Characters to meet that ain't just Mickey and Friends and Pixar Characters (looking at you Toy Story, Incredibles, and Monsters Inc) for the millionth time.
jollywood-nights-character-costumes-1.jpg

Sure they added more characters as the event progressed, but that was after it became a laughing stock from vloggers, locals, and critical fans of WDW. Heck, some Disney Characters meetable for Jollywood Nights (such as Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket) previously used to be common meetable characters that weren't locked behind a ticketed event or meets non-seasonal events.

Meanwhile, Disneyland has a much healthier variety when it comes to Disney Characters for guests to meet or interact during the Christmas seasons. Disneyland's Tommorowland has a Christmas Dance Party where they bring out the kittens from The Aristocats (Marie, Toulouse, and Berlioz) , Clarice, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow among others to witness. Then there's Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland has been doing this for almost 20 years now.

And please don't get me started with DCA's Oogie Boogie Bash making WDW's MNSSHP looking like a joke since they have better selection of Disney Villains out during the Trick or Treat Trials. They even introduced a walkaround version of Madam Mim from The Sword in the Stone in 2022. By modern Disney standards, that's a serious deep cut!

Is the Walt Disney World Resort allergic to Disney Characters that ain't The Sensational Six, characters from The Disney Renissance Era and post-Frozen.

I agree with you, but this is WDW Management we are talking about. They could care less.

I am still shocked Miss Bianca and Bernard showed up for Moonlight Magic.

brb1006

I agree with you, but this is WDW Management we are talking about. They could care less.

I am still shocked Miss Bianca and Bernard showed up for Moonlight Magic.
I remember for Disneyland's Sweethearts Night 2022, they actually brought out Miss Bianca and Bernard located in New Orleans Square. They looked so cute together and made me happy to know Disney actually remembers those characters.

mattpeto

I'm excited about this event returning...

If this event lines up with my vacation at the tail end of Jersey week, I would prefer to try JN over a Dreamlights-less MVMCP.

brb1006

I'm still annoyed that Pinocchio and Geppetto are currently restricted to ticketed seasonal events at Walt Disney World since the 2010s. Previously, both characters used to meet guests daily at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Heck, Pinocchio alongside Geppetto and Jiminy were actually included for "Long Lost Friends Week" a few years which makes no sense to me.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Overall the bones of a great event were there. I hope they extend the time each night because my choices were either to rush through experiences to do everything or to not do everything. Some things need to be plussed. They should also staff more talent to remove entertainment gaps, particularly at Brown Derby and ToT. Of course entertainers need breaks so have a second person/team ready to step up.

mattpeto

Overall the bones of a great event were there. I hope they extend the time each night because my choices were either to rush through experiences to do everything or to not do everything. Some things need to be plussed. They should also staff more talent to remove entertainment gaps, particularly at Brown Derby and ToT. Of course entertainers need breaks so have a second person/team ready to step up.
They should add the After Hours branding and provide complimentary drinks, snacks etc.

I sort of doubt they will do that because it will compete with the unique food offerings from the event.

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
How Disney Can Fix Jollywood Nights for 2024:

Character Roster heavily updated: *some would start their appearances at an earlier time(6:30pm) due to popular demand, the rest would start at 7pm-7:15pm

Animation Courtyard: keep it the same as last year(rain location: inside the DJR theater)

Mickey Mouse/Minnie Mouse: DJR area*

Goofy/Pluto: near Launch Bay*

Donald Duck/Daisy Duck: near LM theater*

Grand Avenue: stars of newer animated shows would join the mix, celebrating the Holidays

Hailey & Scott from Hailey’s on It

Molly & Andrea from The Ghost & Molly McGee

Cricket & Tilly from Big City Greens

Echo Lake: back by popular demand are your favorite throwback pals(now with the addition of the terror that flaps in the night, he's here to join the holiday fun, he is Darkwing Duck, alongside his sidekick Launchpad)

Chip n Dale in their Rescue Rangers attire*

Darkwing Duck & Launchpad McQuack*

Powerline Max*

Phineas & Ferb*

Pixar Plaza: alongside Frozone and Edna Mode, a few pals woulld come over from Anaheim to join in the Holiday fun

Luca & Alberto from Luca

Mei(human form with red panda ears and tail) & Ming Lee from Turning Red

Ember & Wade from Elemental

Toy Story Land: after being character-less for 2023, the toys are coming out to play

Jessie & Bullseye

Rex & Buzz Lightyear

Woody & Bo Peep

Others Can Be Spread Around the Park:

-Duffy: near Shorts Theater

-Santa Stitch: near Stunt Theater

-Luz & King: Sunset Blvd

-Pinocchio & Geppetto/Snow White & Dopey, Mary Poppins & Penguin/Rapunzel & Flynn: Chinese Theater area

Add more hours to the event kickoff at 7pm and wrap it up at 12:30am/1am so guests can do more than they did last yr with a 4 hr time limit(with wristband distribution starting at 4:30pm-5pm)

The Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam fireworks, Nightmare Before Christmas sing along, and Holidays in Hollywood, among most returning entertainment would remain, the latter two would add 1-2 additional showings(Fantasmic would be held at 7:30pm), alongside returning menu items sold at various eateries being the same

bmr1591

I'm still annoyed that Pinocchio and Geppetto are currently restricted to ticketed seasonal events at Walt Disney World since the 2010s. Previously, both characters used to meet guests daily at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Heck, Pinocchio alongside Geppetto and Jiminy were actually included for "Long Lost Friends Week" a few years which makes no sense to me.

You can see Geppetto pretty often in EPCOT and Hollywood Studios for character-palooza.

I really hope they do a redesign of the S6 outfits. They hyped JN up as a glitz and glamor event, then Mickey comes out looking like he's gonna scam you on a boardwalk. It just contradicted what they'd claimed to be the theme of the night.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details for Disney Jollywood Nights 2024:

Get your holiday glam ready, because Disney Jollywood Nights is once again rolling out the red carpet! On select nights Nov. 9 through Dec. 21, you can get holly and jolly for five festive hours from 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. during this limited capacity, separately ticketed event.

Get ready to gather on Hollywood Boulevard for a new dazzling skating spectacular set to your favorite holiday tunes. Several times each evening, take in the grace and skill of international champion skaters in an awe-inspiring twist on the traditional ice show.

Are rare character hugs on your holiday wish list? You’re in luck – this year’s event includes over 20 unique character experiences featuring both new and returning favorites.

Reunite with beloved characters like Phineas and Ferb, Santa Duffy and Santa Stitch, and look forward to fresh new faces such as Bo Peep, Lotso, Baloo, and King Louie from TaleSpin. Don’t forget PhotoPass digital downloads are included in your event ticket!

OG Disney Jollywood Nights fans will remember Ollie, the most dapper gingerbread man in Hollywood. This year, we’re introducing a new merchandise collection inspired by Ollie, featuring items like a Minnie Mouse ear headband and festive apparel.

Returning culinary favorites – including that iconic Gertie cookie! – will be available alongside new treats. Upon exit, each guest will also receive one sweet treat created by Wondermade! |

I’ve made a list of Disney Jollywood Nights surprises, let me check it twice … oh yeah! In addition to meeting your favorite characters, indulging in delicious treats and shopping, the night will be packed with entertaining shows like What’s This? Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along, Disney Holidays in Hollywood, and Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!

The Holiday Fiesta en la Calle will move to Animation Courtyard and there you’ll be able to spot Jose Carioca and Panchito from The Three Caballeros! Meanwhile, The Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club located in the Tower Courtyard will have you dancing throughout the night. Jazzy Holidays at the Hollywood Brown Derby will return – I recommend getting a reservation due to limited space. Stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com/Jollywood for more information on how to book in September.

Guests of select Disney Resorts hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels and Shades of Green can purchase tickets starting on July 2. For all other guests, tickets will go on sale July 10. To purchase tickets, visit DisneyWorld.com/Jollywood or call 407-934-7639. The dates for 2024 are:
  • Nov. 9, 13, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30
  • Dec. 2, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21
With more Saturday dates added, there are plenty of opportunities to join in the holiday fun. Don’t miss out on this swanky holiday celebration at Disney Jollywood Nights!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Details for Disney Jollywood Nights 2024:

Get your holiday glam ready, because Disney Jollywood Nights is once again rolling out the red carpet! On select nights Nov. 9 through Dec. 21, you can get holly and jolly for five festive hours from 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. during this limited capacity, separately ticketed event.

Get ready to gather on Hollywood Boulevard for a new dazzling skating spectacular set to your favorite holiday tunes. Several times each evening, take in the grace and skill of international champion skaters in an awe-inspiring twist on the traditional ice show.

Are rare character hugs on your holiday wish list? You’re in luck – this year’s event includes over 20 unique character experiences featuring both new and returning favorites.

Reunite with beloved characters like Phineas and Ferb, Santa Duffy and Santa Stitch, and look forward to fresh new faces such as Bo Peep, Lotso, Baloo, and King Louie from TaleSpin. Don’t forget PhotoPass digital downloads are included in your event ticket!

OG Disney Jollywood Nights fans will remember Ollie, the most dapper gingerbread man in Hollywood. This year, we’re introducing a new merchandise collection inspired by Ollie, featuring items like a Minnie Mouse ear headband and festive apparel.

Returning culinary favorites – including that iconic Gertie cookie! – will be available alongside new treats. Upon exit, each guest will also receive one sweet treat created by Wondermade! |

I’ve made a list of Disney Jollywood Nights surprises, let me check it twice … oh yeah! In addition to meeting your favorite characters, indulging in delicious treats and shopping, the night will be packed with entertaining shows like What’s This? Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along, Disney Holidays in Hollywood, and Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!

The Holiday Fiesta en la Calle will move to Animation Courtyard and there you’ll be able to spot Jose Carioca and Panchito from The Three Caballeros! Meanwhile, The Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club located in the Tower Courtyard will have you dancing throughout the night. Jazzy Holidays at the Hollywood Brown Derby will return – I recommend getting a reservation due to limited space. Stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com/Jollywood for more information on how to book in September.

Guests of select Disney Resorts hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels and Shades of Green can purchase tickets starting on July 2. For all other guests, tickets will go on sale July 10. To purchase tickets, visit DisneyWorld.com/Jollywood or call 407-934-7639. The dates for 2024 are:
  • Nov. 9, 13, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30
  • Dec. 2, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21
With more Saturday dates added, there are plenty of opportunities to join in the holiday fun. Don’t miss out on this swanky holiday celebration at Disney Jollywood Nights!

Soo..... how was this plussed from last year?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
More details:

Event tickets are $159 to $179 per ticket, plus tax (prices vary by event date).

Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can save $10 per ticket to Disney Jollywood Nights, valid for all event nights.

Disney Holidays in Hollywood showtimes: 8:15 PM, 9:15 PM, 11:15 PM and 12:15 AM.

Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along showtimes: 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, 11:30 PM and 12:30 AM.

Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! showtime: 10:00 PM

Themed Entertainment:
  • Saunter over to Echo Lake for a throwback bash that’s sure to stir up nostalgia for the 1990s and 2000s. You may spot Phineas, Ferb and Max Goof as Powerline. Plus, Baloo and King Louie from from Talespin will join the fun in 2024!
  • Experience Holiday Fiesta en la Calle, a lively holiday street fair in Courtyard from 7:30 PM to 12:30 AM. It’s a vibrant scene with warm lighting, colorful décor and spirited musicians performing Latin holiday tunes—as well as appearances from José Carioca and Panchito from The Three Caballeros.
  • Celebrate in Pixar Plaza! Step into a dance party with the incomparable Edna Mode.
  • You are cordially invited to Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club—a swingin' celebration in the courtyard of The Hollywood Tower Hotel. Here, you can sip cocktails* and unwind in style while a live band swoons and croons holiday tunes. Sets begin at 7:30 PM, 8:10 PM, 8:50 PM, 9:30 PM, 10:30 PM, 11:10 PM and 11:50 PM.
  • NEW! Gather for a dazzling skating spectacular on Hollywood Boulevard, set to your favorite holiday tunes. Take in the grace and skill of international champion skaters in an awe-inspiring twist on the traditional ice show—with performances at 8:15 PM, 9:15 PM, 10:20 PM, 11:15 PM and 12:15 AM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom