Disney January Marathon Crowds

Victor Kelly

How big are the crowds for this endeavor by Disney? Are we talking traffic jams and hour long wait times at HM and POTC? Or are we talking moderate crowds?

The Incredible Schmulk

Moderate crowds. Sometimes not even that. Depending on the weather, you can sometimes feel like you have the park to yourself on certain marathon straddling days. I've been there marathon week and have walked around Epcot's World Showcase in the midday feeling like the park was open just for me, it was so empty. The cause? It was a little drizzly, very windy and about 45 degrees. Hey, if you can deal with that, it can be the lowest of the low season for you.

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

While the run(s) are happening the parks are pretty good. But they are getting more and more popular so I imagine crowds are getting worse and worse. I was there for the marathon a couple years ago and it wasn't awful, but that was a couple years ago.

Upvote 0

Mad Stitch

As a runner many of us are in and out of Orlando for the race, we don't spend much time in the parks. So during a race you may experience some delays getting to the parks due to road closures, but the parks shouldn't be to bad.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I would only suggest avoiding Epcot in the morning for Saturday and Sunday. Both the half and the full marathon end there which makes navigating Future World a mess in the morning. Otherwise, no worries!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom