News Disney introduces new Florida Resident Theme Park Select Pass and add-ons for other passes

lostpro9het

Florida residents trying to figure out how their Florida Resident Theme Park Select Pass works
HarmoniousReadyFlyingfish-max-1mb.gif

JohnD

Maybe these changes explain why MDE is down right now. They're incorporating these changes into it.

JohnD

Let's say you're a Silver Passholder, and you purchase the add-on. While still a Silver Passholder with the add-on, do you now get access to the TSL Passholder event for Gold and up? Something tells me the answer is still "No".

disneygeek90

Let's say you're a Silver Passholder, and you purchase the add-on. While still a Silver Passholder with the add-on, do you now get access to the TSL Passholder event for Gold and up? Something tells me the answer is still "No".
I don't even know how that's really worth it, too. If you're going to spend $89 on the add-on, just buy the gold. I don't think it's really "saving" you anything much going that route.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Given that Disney has been bending over backwards to get AP holders through the turnstile, I would bet no....until February anyway.

I just hope they continue the 13 for 12 promotion they did last year.

It will be interesting what Florida residents are offered next year, and what prices overall will do in February (and possibly next August as well).

Last edited:

JohnD

I don't even know how that's really worth it, too. If you're going to spend $89 on the add-on, just buy the gold. I don't think it's really "saving" you anything much going that route.

You know what they say, "The devil is in the details." I'll have to look through them. Currently, I'm a Silver passholder which best meets my needs. I'll spare you the details but as a State Employee on a Fiscal Year that runs July 1 - June 30, my busy time is over the summer. Plus too hot and large crowds. I can do without the summer anyway.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
He means that Disney typically raises ticket prices in February and wonders how that affects the add-ons for August 2019. With SW:GE due to open next year, I think it's a high probability that ticket prices will increase next year.

Exactly, thank you.

I think there's a high probability of prices either rising significantly in February or rising at a lower percentage twice in 2019. ;) I also think there could be changes to the AP structure next year. I just can't shake the feeling that Disney trying to figure out some way to keep a lot of locals out of DHS when SW:GE opens because it's going to be bad enough with just the out-of-town guests.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Exactly, thank you.

I think there's a high probability of prices either rising significantly in February or rising at a lower percentage twice in 2019. ;) I also think there could be changes to the AP structure next year. I just can't shake the feeling that Disney trying to figure out some way to keep a lot of locals out of DHS when SW:GE opens because it's going to be bad enough with just the out-of-town guests.

I can see it, but it doesn't make sense. SW:GE opens late 2019, why risk loosing attendance for the 2/3 of the year, and at the same time the make the rest of the parks (EPCOT) suffer greatly.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can see it, but it doesn't make sense. SW:GE opens late 2019, why risk loosing attendance for the 2/3 of the year, and at the same time the make the rest of the parks (EPCOT) suffer greatly.

I'm with you, it doesn't make sense. But neither does seemingly half (or more) of what TDO/TWDC does at WDW, and that's why I'm fearful. I'm certainly hoping I'm wrong.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I'm with you, it doesn't make sense. But neither does seemingly half (or more) of what TDO/TWDC does at WDW, and that's why I'm fearful. I'm certainly hoping I'm wrong.

I guess if they were crafty, they would keep the percentage increase consistent with what they've done previously, however blackout September through January for gold and silver at DHS to force pass upgrades or offer upcharge passes for access to blackout dates. AP's sustain the very profitable festivals at EPCOT and keep that park on the map.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom