Disney Internet Chief gone.

Thrill

Maybe that's part of the problem. :lookaroun

In my opinion, that's the way it should be. Epic Mickey looks like it will be the first Disney video game worth playing* (though they've seriously watered it down since concept art and the initial announcement) and Disney's MMOs are awful**. Their quantity over quality plan is just as brilliant as Eisner's cheapquels. Throw in the imminent end of the social gaming fad rendering Playdom useless, and it's clear that this division needs some serious help. DIMG has more important things than the WDW website.

*Kingdom Hearts doesn't count, it was made by Square Enix.
**Excluding VMK. But I can't count the Disney Parks site as an MMO. :p

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is good news indeed. Their site has been a disaster area for years.

Many high-schoolers can do a better job.

And before anyone accuses me of being unsympathetic to him being unemployed....he left on his own accord.

Sorry ...no sympathy from me

Mr. Wadsworth, whose title was president of the Disney Interactive Media Group, announced his resignation in a late-night email to his staff. “I have been thinking about this for quite some time, and while it is difficult to leave a great company, an exciting business and a wonderful group of people, my desire and excitement to pursue other opportunities is too great to ignore,” the note said.

askmike1

I don't have any opinions on this guy, after all I don't know too much about him. Speaking for the websites, yes the main Disney.com website is a bit 'off' and some of their online gaming efforts have been misguided.... but I believe their Parks website (made by somewhat separate subdivision Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online) is the best it has ever been. The look is so clean and so straightforward... their blogs (and forays into the social media business) is great and I love the new reservation system. ABC's website is also much cleaner than it has ever been. And if nothing else, I have to give the group credit for trying different things in the online world, even if they all haven't been successes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom