Disney Institute...still there?

Pioneer Hall

The treehouses are not being destroyed, they are being refurbished along with the rest of the resort and will reopen as well.

I hope this Saratoga Springs resort is like the real thing. I read an article in the Orlando Sentinel and it said that unlike the other Disney resorts this one is going to be a little more grown up and try to show reality. For expample they are going to make the pool area like a lake area from Saratogo Springs, not a fantasy pool area like at most other resorts. I just hope they do this. If they are going to spend the time and money on this resort, then they should do it right.

Lance

Originally posted by DMC-12

Lance...did they close down the Treehouses the same time they shuttered the Townhouses at the Institute...? I have always wanted to stay in one...and since I seen them first hand last month...I really wanna stay in one now...lol....they just look so neat...and secluded...*sigh*...

When they were open..how much did it cost to stay in one?

I think they closed everything at the same time........

LOL, funny you should mention the price, cause this is the only bad part of the treehouses, I remember like 2 or 3 years ago I was looking on Disneyworld.com at the floorplans and the prices. Here's the problem, they are considered treehouse "VILLAS" so therefore they demand a high price tag, because every villa in WDW is expensive except FW.......if my memory serves me correct, they start at upwards of $300 anywhere to $600 a night. I just know they are expensive, but they are very accomadating........

Bagheera

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I hope this Saratoga Springs resort is like the real thing. I read an article in the Orlando Sentinel and it said that unlike the other Disney resorts this one is going to be a little more grown up and try to show reality. For expample they are going to make the pool area like a lake area from Saratogo Springs, not a fantasy pool area like at most other resorts. I just hope they do this. If they are going to spend the time and money on this resort, then they should do it right.

The photos available to DVC members look pretty nice. I would say that, living less than half an hour from the real Saratoga Springs, if they do the town justice, it'll be a very pleasant place to stay.

Mikey4WDW

The Disney Institute

Boo-hoo, I didn't even realize that the Institute had gone. I guess the concept of learning something on vacation doesn't sit well with most people but I had actually wanted to go there some time by myself. I am 42, I thought it would be great to learn some of the animation techniques and cooking techniques. Oh well, I guess it wasn't popular enough.

Thank you for the knowledge of this, I at least won't get my hopes up.

mickeyfanatics

Discovery Island closed before AK opened. They moved all of the wildlife to AK when it opened. Also, they had the nerve to rename Safari Village at AK to Discovery Island. I am sorry, DIscovery ISland will always be the natural island in the middle of Bay Lake.

As far as the Institute goes, it will be reopened as others say as part of the Saratoga Springs DVC resort. The townhomes are being demolished and rebuilt as something more "Saratoga Springs" and the treehouses will reopen too, if they are not already open now.

jaimjaim25

Hi...

I stayed at the Disney Institute in 2000. And truthfully, other than being close to Disney Village, it felt like I was just staying in a regular old Holiday Inn.... There was really no theme, which is the main reason I like the Disney Hotels... It was nice, but I'd much rather stay somewhere else. Anywhere else.

Lance

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
Hi...

I stayed at the Disney Institute in 2000. And truthfully, other than being close to Disney Village, it felt like I was just staying in a regular old Holiday Inn.... There was really no theme, which is the main reason I like the Disney Hotels... It was nice, but I'd much rather stay somewhere else. Anywhere else.

True, it's not a place to stay for the theme, but it's still not bad...........and the treehouses are out in the middle of the woods, which is very cool!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom