Disney Inspired Rooms

Morganificent

Original Poster
In response to Dizstyle: Ah, I'm jealous! Me and my boyfriend Bret are going to be there the 12th through the 18th, so we're JUST going to miss the Expo!

dizstyle moki

I talked my wife into allowing me to theme the basement bar to Indiana Jones when we moved into our first house in October. My plans for it were too big and expensive, so I negotiated the rights with her to also allow me to theme the library. In return she can do whatever she wants with the rest of the house. So I have an Indy themed library instead, and the basement is currently Halloween themed, but little by little it's going to turn into the Haunted Mansion.

That sounds FUN!!! We are in the process of planning our first Haunted Mansion Halloween display for Halloween. I would love to see what you end up doing!

Tinkerbell 8

I told my husband that when we move into a new house, I was going to do each room a different disney theme, he, not being disney obsessed like me, did not like that idea. Now I plan on still doing Disney theme, but really subtle, so only I know that its somehow related to Disney and it doesn't look like Disney threw up in my house.

Magenta Panther

Awesome POTC room! My fiance and I just bought a house and were going to be doing the kitchen in Disney. The walls will be red and the cabinets white...does anyone have any other ideas??

Well, what if, instead of white, you paint the cabinet doors red and then give them round yellow knobs, so they'll look like Mickey's red shorts?

dizstyle moki

I told my husband that when we move into a new house, I was going to do each room a different disney theme, he, not being disney obsessed like me, did not like that idea. Now I plan on still doing Disney theme, but really subtle, so only I know that its somehow related to Disney and it doesn't look like Disney threw up in my house.

That is essentially what we are trying to do. The idea behind my decorating projects is that I want my kids to have rooms that they a) love b) help create a sense of magic for them. I want them to be able to go to their rooms, escape the outside world, get creative, and feel some magic. Talking about this with all of you is making me soooo anxious to go up and start painting and ripping things apart right now ;) MUST.PACE.MYSELF.

I dont have a disney inspired room, but I do have "hidden Mickeys" around my house. :D
I decorate my home in "primitive" or "country" decor so I've tried to come up with cute little ways to sneak him in. I have a b&w pic of myself, sister and mother on my first trip in the living room. A pic of my family on our first trip in the dining room. I bought some goofy cotton candy & mickey's kettle corn while down there so I have them displayed in my kitchen. The kettle corn bag has a nice retro mickey on it.
Nothing in the bathroom, for now, but I have plans to stay at the CBR in the near future, so I'm sure I can find something then. Nothing in my bedroom yet except for my ears hat from my first trip. Still trying to figure out what I can do with it. My daughters room was easy, and more contemporary with Disney stuff all over it.
Then finally my office. For starters I have my pin collection hanging on the wall. :sohappy:
Then I was lucky enough to get a large picture of mickey mouse from the 70s for free. He's now hanging on the wall with some berry garland.

This of course is just the beginning and I plan on taking many more trips in the future, plus we've only been in our home 4 years now, not much time to truly make the home "yours" if you know what I mean :ROFLOL:

JPWDW2

My WDW room some years ago...

dsc01120er.jpg

dsc01121w.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom