Disney Infinity

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Original Poster
I kind of hate to refer to other websites, but the only place I've seen mention of this is on one of the other sites.

Today, Stitch Kingdom has been going a little crazy on Twitter regarding an upcoming Disney game called "Disney Infinity".
All I have seen of it mentioned is some form of RFID game sort of like the Skylanders game.
I haven't been following Stitch Kingdom for long, so I have little to no opinion on them, but they are throwing out some crazy hyperbole over how great this game is going to be.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Disney Infinity, and has any information on what it is?
The idea of an RFID game, with characters that can add to the experience intrigues me. I played a little Skylanders with my nephews and while I had originally thought of it as nothing more than a grab for cash, after playing it a bit, I started to see it at least as a pretty fun grab for cash.

If Disney took this to the nth degree, and started integrating it into the parks (with all the new NextGen RFID tech coming), special Parks only characters and expansion packs, bring your favorite character to the park with you for in-park only games and tournaments, etc, I could see this at the very least being an intriguing experiment in how far gaming can integrate.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Original Poster
The only thing I've been able to officially find on it is the trademark that they filed for earlier this year with the attached design:
disney-infinity-85590742.jpg

erasure fan1

Here is a good article with some different pics.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/20/3789022/disney-infinity

polygon.com said:
Disney Infinity will be an open-world sandbox game that combines the best of Minecraft creation with the absurdity of Just Cause's over-the-top action moments, all in a child-friendly world populated by iconic Disney and Pixar characters, according to videos and images leaked to Polygon.
Described as a "gaming platform", Disney Infinity will pull from both Disney and Pixar's full library of movies and television shows over time, expanding the core concept of the game by releasing IP-specific playsets packed with new characters, settings, toys and building blocks.
The concept as explained in one of the videos we received, is to reinvent the way video games tell stories by handing off the controls to the players. Disney Infinity — which will run on a multitude of devices including consoles, the iPad and Android phones — will be unveiled in January to a gathering of press in Hollywood. According to the official, though somewhat-light-on-details invitation, the event will feature John Lasseter, chief creative officer of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios and a principal creative advisor at Walt Disney Imagineering, as well as John Pleasants, co-president of Disney Interactive. The game is described in the invitation as a new "gaming initiative."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom