Disney in February

Annf

Hi:

I'm planning a trip to Disney, possibly in February. Does anyone know if it's usually nice then? I know it can vary greatly. The last time we were there was December 2010 and it was really cold. I'm trying to plan around crowds, the weather and Spring activities at my son's school.

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
February tends to be colder than December, but it can vary so much from day to day that it is impossible to say for certain which will be better.

When it comes to crowds you will want to travel before Valentines day. It will go from value to peak season on or around 2/14.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Hi:

I'm planning a trip to Disney, possibly in February. Does anyone know if it's usually nice then? I know it can vary greatly. The last time we were there was December 2010 and it was really cold. I'm trying to plan around crowds, the weather and Spring activities at my son's school.

Thanks!

If I recall, December 2010 was the ridiculous weather where the highs were in the 30s - 40s. It should not be like that.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Can be cold. One February we were in MK for the nighttime fireworks and it was VERY cold! We pack for both kinds of weather, shorts and jeans, to be safe.

Upvote 0

awoogala

Hi:

Thanks!

We love February.
We spent most of our time in February in jeans and short-sleeved tees, and had hoodies tied around our waists. Depends on what you think is "cold"..lol i.e.: Do you live in California? Or Canada? Wisconsin?
We are from NJ, so the worst the 60's (and one 50's-cold, rainy day) nights did to us were hats, stretchy gloves, and hoodies/fleeces. But I did see people who were in full winter coats!
The day after the 50's, we were in tank tops,and went swimming at night- I am not kidding! (and the pics show us glistening with a bit of sweat at 8 pm!)
So- layers, and easy to carry warmer stuff. (those magic gloves are excellent)
Just remember- the parks are not open the same amount of hours.. so touring plans may need to be a little different!
If you are going near President's weekend- the crowd levels are also increased.

Upvote 0

patch553

we've come over every feb for last 3 years(and got married in jan 4 years ago),on a whole the weather is nice usually t-shirt and shorts weather,the evenings normally require jeans or jumper,but compared to feb in England its toasty! as for crowds,we float between Disney and Daytona(for the 500)we find the week days don't tend to be terribly busy,but weekends they do rise not to a summer level but a comfortable level

Upvote 0

luv

Might be a high of 40. Might be 80. Might be somewhere in between.

There is just no way to know. Also, remember that 50 degrees is nothing when you're going to and from the car, but it gets awful cold when you're walking around the World Showcase and it is windy.

Pack lots of layers. You really have to bring clothes for all temps that time of year because it's just impossible to know what it will be like.

It doesn't usually rain very much at all in the winter.

Upvote 0

MCRRBA

Went in early Feb 2010 it was chilly. Daily highs mostly in the 50's one day in 70's one in 40's we had light jackets most days. Still went in pools and hot tub. One evening there were 8 of us in the pool people watching while we swam thought we were crazy. 6 of us were Canadian the two Americans were from Maine and Michigan.

Upvote 0
I was their in December 2010 also it was freezing and I never want to take that chance again. But remember it is rare for it to that cold. Whatever you pick you will always have fun

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

I was their in December 2010 also it was freezing and I never want to take that chance again. But remember it is rare for it to that cold. Whatever you pick you will always have fun

I was there in March of 1998. First few days were in the 80s. Then a cold snap hit (hit the whole East Coast) and it was only low 50s during the day, and at night may have even dipped below 40. It was quite cold feeling at night.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

keep checking the forecast about 10 days from the trip can give you a good idea. Plan on layers, layers, layers. Get the light gloves for everyone in the party because if you have to purchase them in the parks they are very expensive.

Upvote 0

Jan-DVP

As many have said it can be cool, but if you dress accordingly you will have an awesome trip with great access to everything as the crowds can be low in early February.

Upvote 0

hoppesj2

I agree with all of you above...Hard to predict weather wise but generally comfy during the day in jeans and tees and a jacket or hoodie at night. There are some common refurbs scheduled this time of year such as splash mtn but one of my favorite times to go. If you go before valentines day the prices are low and so are the crowds.

Upvote 0

SMS55

Outside of President's Day weekend the crowds are very manageable. It's the "slower" season, but even that weekend is not too bad. I've been there on that weekend and it's manageable. Early February tends to be the "dead of winter" which means mid to upper 40s for morning lows. Of course if we haven't have a front it will be warmer and if we get a cold front it will be colder. One year when I was a kid it got down into the 20's for our February trip. Unfortunately our weather is unpredictable and you're going to have to wait tip it's closer to your trip to see if you need extra sweaters or not.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom