Disney Hotels during a hurricane

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Anyone have any information of happens to the people during a hurricane?

As many of us watch and pray for those down in Florida, I wonder how the poor souls who chose the last week of September to visit WDW.

Do the resorts of backup generators, enough food for the next few days? I can't imagine that they have the air conditioners running, so that means many of the rooms must be getting hot.

I saw one video where flood waters were encroaching the dolphin resort

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Let me add, that while Disney may want to open the park in a day or two, I wonder if they'll be able too. It depends on how bad central florida is and of course how its workers are fairing, i.e., if your home is destroyed, you really won't be showing up for work any time soon

nickys

Premium Member
New guests had to be checked in by 3pm on Wednesday, and then all guests were told to shelter in place. So no resort transfers etc. Those who needed to stay an extra night seem to have been given special rates.

The resorts were selling special hurricane meals from QS until they closed, or from lobbies in resorts that are in one building. They also had special activities scheduled at some resorts like AKL.

lazyboy97o

You can see updates from the hotels and surrounding area in the main thread in News and Rumors. The hotels have power and so they have the air conditioning running just as they would any day.

Myhotdoughnuts

Staying at Port Orleans - French Quarter. Resort guests are being taken care of well by the cast members. Clean up of the fallen debris from trees is being cleared as I type this message. Menu options in the food court are limited, but that is ok. Same goes for Riverside. Power never went out

WorldExplorer

Staying at Port Orleans - French Quarter. Resort guests are being taken care of well by the cast members. Clean up of the fallen debris from trees is being cleared as I type this message. Menu options in the food court are limited, but that is ok. Same goes for Riverside. Power never went out

Is Scat Cat's open? I'd presume no, but it looks like River Roost is.

Riverside Mill is surprisingly calm after yesterday's insanity. Still busier than I've seen before.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

So River Roost and Riverside Mill have now re-opened?

I was just reading the news article here which says nothing is open at POR or POFQ.

There's a limited menu at the mill. Premade pizza, pasta, and the bakery stuff I know they have.

River Roost I could be wrong on, I walked past and saw people with alcohol cups and standing around the bar.

Edit: Scat Cat's is open Edit edit: Should have specified I meant the place with the beignets.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom