Disney Great North Themed Resort

historymystery

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Disney Great North Resort would be in Michigan. WHOA WAIT A MINUTE! Before anyone says (it will be open seasonally.) You are WRONG! This park would be open year round. Its just that every day it opens with snow on the ground there would be a cleaning crew go through before it opens to clear away the snow which in turn would make it open later in the holiday season. There would be 2 parks!

1. Magic Kingdom-
2. Wonders of the World

Magic Kingdom would have this:

1. MoTown
2. Polar Peak
3. American Journey
4. Fantasyland
5. Future of Tomorrow (FoT)

1. MoTown would be just like Main Street but with a MoTown flair but no neon lines. There would be music from the 60's and buildings would look like that of Main St. transport would be the same.

2. Polar Park-
EVEREST!- This area would have the Matterhorn but called EVEREST.
The Hudson Bay- navigate through the waters of the frozen north to find a secret passage to the west.
20,000 Leagues under the Sea- This would give you all the story especially the Antarctica part.

3. American Journey-
American Adventure- Same ride as in Florida with updated AA.
Hall of Presidents- Same as in Florida with updated AA.
Land of the Free- A ride with AA of Louis Clark and Sacajewa taking you through America's natural wonders.

4. Fantasyland-
Mickey's Phillar Magic- same as being built.
Ariel's Atlantican Adventure- Look at my other posts and you will find out.
It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, SnowWhite's Scary Adventure would all be here.
The Flying wonders- This wouldn't feature just one flying character like just Dumbo, this would have ALL the flying characters like Pegasus Carpet Dumbo etc...
Belle and Beast's Castle- Its the castle.
Hercules Ride and Quasimodo rides- Read other posts of mine.
Aladdin's Cave Adventure- Read my villian's park idea under Jafar.
Princess meet and greet- Meet and Greet all the princesses.
Broken Spell Fireworks- Every night the castle transforms into a beautiful place while in the day it is gloomy. A special BatB parade will go along with this.

5. Future of Tomorrow-
Transport of the Future- This simulator will take you on future planes, cars, boats, shuttles, submarines, trains, and hovercraft.
CoP updated- The same show with new AA and taking you into the house of the future. At that point guests can get up and touch the stuff for a short period of time.
Time Racers- This attraction will take you through time, past, present, and future as you and your team fix things that have been disturbed.
Space Mountain X- Same ride with more thrill!

There that is MK.

I am not going to explain these right now but here are the lands I would put in:

Greece, Israel, Russia, Spain, France, China, United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Australia, Eygpt, South Africa, Brazil, Italy, and Germany.
And of course a nightly show located in the center much like Illuminations.

Wonders of the World- This park would kind of mix World Showcase and Animal Kingdom. In each continet there would be a pavillion in the shape of a monument.

The areas in WotW would be;

1. Europe- Would have Monuments scattered in the countries sections. The countries included would be UK, France, Russia, Italy, Greece, Germany, and Spain with animals from Europe in each country. example would be Siberian Tigers in Russia,
2. Asia- Would also have monuments scattered throughout a forest area. With countries like China, Japan, Israel, Turkey, India, and Indochina area with animals from these regions in their areas.
3. Africa- Monuments from places like South Africa, Morocco, and Eygpt. And lots of animals.
4. Australia- Australian monuments with animals from down under.
5. North America- N. American monuments from Canada to Panama with animals from those areas. Also from the Islands as well.
6. South America- Would have a jungle like area and would have Brazil, Peru, and Venezuela with jungle animals.
7. Antarctica- It would be complete ice and would have polar Bears and Penguins and seals and walrus too.

Of course all areas would have rides but I will get back to that later. I know it needs adjustments but tell me what you think with some changes in mind.

The_CEO

Originally posted by historymystery
Disney Great North Resort would be in Michigan. WHOA WAIT A MINUTE! Before anyone says (it will be open seasonally.) You are WRONG! This park would be open year round. Its just that every day it opens with snow on the ground there would be a cleaning crew go through before it opens to clear away the snow which in turn would make it open later in the holiday season.

And if the snow doesnt stop.. They will never catch up.. I promise you this will happen.. If they cant keep the water cleared into the rain drains during summer.. This isnt going to be a logical way of doing this.. Also.. Michigan gets - 0 degree weather... NOONE is going to want to visit a theme park in this weather.. + Coasters? no there aint no way they will be able to clean off the track and have it running while its snowing . Sorry :)

Everything except the location will work

Cheers

historymystery

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I think they could come up with something. Yes some rides would shut down but most thrill rides would be indoors. And besides WDW is ALWAYS shutting their rides down so it really isn't too big of a deal. Any way later.

:sohappy: :sohappy: Ya, for making a Magick Kingom with a twist, but here are some problems:

1) You will need to change the name from the Magic Kingdom to somethign else since you did make it so different

2) Y0u need to have consitency with your names Polar Peak, is Geograpic, American Journey is abstract. Fantasyland is geographic but the actual nominal structure is different " "land. So you need to make all of those match up.

Now just some personal notes

1) I really don't like the idea of the entry area being MoTown to me mixing pop-cultre with other timeless themes, is thematic chaos.

2) I think you need to expand on Polar Park, it seems to be underdeveloped for such a broad theme

As far as this operating, I wonder if people really realize just hoe cold it gets in Paris and Tokyo?.........

The problem is though cultures do vary quite a bit, and Americans have not become all that acustome to theme parks in the snow, coudl it work yes, Parmount's Kings Island used to haev Winter Fest and such, the only thing would be that some rides may not be able to operate in snowy weather, but other than that with a few sesonal enhancments to really draw crowds during this time, I think it woudl have a pretty good chance of working

historymystery

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Instead of Magic Kingdom it would be The Enchanted Kingdom.

Sorry had to keep it a kingdom since there is a castle and all.

I am sorry I didn't tell more on my ideas last night but it was real late for me. I was worrying about the Motown theme. I wasn't sure if it would work. Here instead I would make it an english street themed after Mary Poppins and Bed Knobs and Broomsticks.

Names for Enchanted Kingdom:

1. Cherry Tree Lane
2. Polar Peak
3. Americana
4. Magical World
5. Future of Tomorrow

(Any better?)

2. Polar Peak would have a special water park area that is only open seasonally.
Other rides including for this area would be:
Igloo Island- A pool for everyone where you can swim out to this island and go inside a genuine igloo, this area also has small and big slides.
Avalanche- An indoor simulator ride where you must escape from the avalanche.
Eskimo Escapes- Hop on board a five seated ride that looks like you are on a dog sled. There are 30 teams altogether and they go around the whole Enchanted Kingdom making quick stops at each area.

(More to come later.)

Originally posted by historymystery
Instead of Magic Kingdom it would be The Enchanted Kingdom.

Sorry had to keep it a kingdom since there is a castle and all.

I am sorry I didn't tell more on my ideas last night but it was real late for me. I was worrying about the Motown theme. I wasn't sure if it would work. Here instead I would make it an english street themed after Mary Poppins and Bed Knobs and Broomsticks.

Names for Enchanted Kingdom:

1. Cherry Tree Lane
2. Polar Peak
3. Americana
4. Magical World
5. Future of Tomorrow

(Any better?)

Much better, except the name Future of Tommorow is still abstract

To get real picky "World" is larger than Kingdom, so maybe try the Magical Forest or something

historymystery

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Magical World is staying the same and so is Future of Tomorrow.

Now to continue where I left off.

The areas in WotW would be;

1. Europe
2. Asia
3. Africa
4. Australia
5. North America
6. South America
7. Antarctica
8. Atlantis
9. Pangea

The lands would be split into continents and in each continent you would find countries where you can see art and monuments and animals from each country and continent. There would be rides in all the areas. Some more than others. Some would be thrill rides some would be AA. All would be themed. So this is a mix of World Showcase and Animal Kingdom. The Centerpiece of the park there are 2 extra but smaller areas. Atlantis is one where you can see underwater animals from around the world. And the other one is Pangea where you can ride rides through underwater caves where underwater dinosaurs live,.up through the sky with Pteradactyls, and past volcanos on the ground with dinos like T-rex and Brontosaurus. Atlantis and Pangea would almost be completely indoor areas. The park would shape like a oval and the areas would be shaped just like you see them on a map of the world. Atlantis would be in the ocean along with Pangea. This park of course would be very big. It would have to be the size of Epcot and Animal Kingdom combined. Which is Huge! But hey you are touring the world.The whole park is surronded by a big moat supposed to represent the Earth's oceans. You can take a boat ride around the park. In fact that is the only way to get to the park is by boat. The monorail stops at the boat and then goes to the EK and makes a loop and heads for the Downtown Disney. Which is where the stores and hotels are. The hotels are convenietly right by Downtown Disney. To get to DD you have to either be in a hotel room or go by monorail. Downtown Disney is broken up into three parts.

DD:
1. Marketplace- Shop till you drop in the best of the best stores.
2. The Hub- This is the entertainment area and where you can get something good to eat.
3. Hotel Avenue- The hotels surround DD making it impossible to get there by automobile. You have to take the monorail or walk there from a hotel.

Marketplace stores are:
The World of Disney
Once upon a toy
Virgin Megastore
Lego Store
Disney at Home

The Hub would have these:
Rainforest Cafe
Planet Hollywood
Ice Station Cool- Try all pop from around the world.
AMC Theatres
Disney Quest

More later

I think you can do better than just "the hub" for the name of an area of Downtown Disney, if you want to refelct it's centralness call it "Center O' Town" or something

Wannabe Walt

Hate to mess things up, but Wonders of the World came out from ME first! I posted an idea for a theme park with a hotel called Wonders of the World about 2 weeks before this came out. Not trying to be rude, but because I used it first, you need a new name for it!:wave:

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Wannabe Walt
Hate to mess things up, but Wonders of the World came out from ME first! I posted an idea for a theme park with a hotel called Wonders of the World about 2 weeks before this came out. Not trying to be rude, but because I used it first, you need a new name for it!:wave:

Hi Wannabe Walt! :wave:

historymystery isn't around anymore...I guess that means your idea remains yours! :)

Got any ideas for a theme park?

Originally posted by Wannabe Walt

Well actually from a rea-world perspective realting to tradmarking you really don't have a case. Th term Wonder of the World as from 7 Anceint Wonders of the World and such is a coined phrase you can not trademark it or in this case take credit for making it, had it been a more unique name you could do so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom