Disney Goodwill

Experiment627

Original Poster
Wow, I may be a newbie here, but after reading through some of the previous posts this morning, I think we all need to be reminded why we come here to talk about the Happiest Place on Earth. :) So I thought this might be a good time to share an experience that happened to me back on my first Disney trip in October.

My wife and I had spent the day at MGM and I must say, it was a perfect day. The weather was nice, I fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams of sitting in the Hot Seat at Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, ate a couple of great meals at the 50's Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood and Vine, and of course, Fantasmic was so good I almost cried. :) However, the biggest and most pleasant surprise of the day happened while we were waiting in line for the buses back to Port Orleans Riverside. The pre-teen girl that was in front of us with her family struck up a conversation with my wife and soon, we were engaged in a conversation with the entire family. I had forgotten how nice it was to meet a stranger and find out all about them, hear their experiences, especially at some place like Disney. My wife and I tend to be on the shy side, but thanks to Disney magic, it didn't take long before we were talking like old friends. They were in awe of my Millionaire experience, we were jealous of their upcoming cruise. It definitely made the half hour wait for the bus go quickly. When we got on the bus, the little boy (around 8 years old) said "I want to sit by the tall guy!" (meaning me ) , so his mom and dad let him sqeeze into a seat beside my wife and I. Soon, it was their stop, but before they left, all three of the kids gave us hugs while their mom patiently explained that they've been hugging everyone the whole trip, bus drivers, waitresses, complete strangers. :)

Anyway, it was a really neat experience and was one of the surprise highlights of our trip. Feel free to share similar experiences if you have them. :)

PrncssCinderEly

Oh my this should be a great thread!!!

I had a similar experiance back in 2000...and funny enough it was MGM also.

I was down in FL for the Christmas/NYE celebrations that my late mother had always wanted to see - and she did as my angel - my friend and I wanted some alone time...driving each other nuts by day 3 of a 2 week trip!!! So I ventured off into MGM. It was kind of funny because I was wearing my new MICKEY jacket and kackies. I stoped off at one store and picked up my Honoree Guest Badge that they make (they look just like th CM badges). So now I was feeling wonderful...it was beautiful and everyone was smiling from ear to ear. I thought that it was funny becaue so many people were coming up to me asking me where this was and where that was, what time this show started and so on...funny thing was...I new it all. I took my self to ToT, yes to ride it alone...and while on line I met a wonderful family in front of me. The young girls (about 11 and 14) both asked why I needed to stand in line if I were a CM...(than it hit me)...I had to explain that I wasn't and that it was just a coincidence (sp?) that I dressed like one that day. Well after waiting on line together for almost an hour...I became thier adopted daughter for the day...it was so much fun...by the end of the day I found out that they are from NJ and I from NY, exchanged email addresses...and while we all walked out...I ran into the same store (I think it is the 5 & 10) and purchased the girls their very own Name badges. I hear that they still wear them and we still keep in touch every now and then.

Disney is the place of familys...but it is also the place to make new ones...This is the only place that I feel like I can go on a vacation by myself...and still never really be alone...

I applaude you WDW....:sohappy:

tiggerlover1971

this thread reminds me why I want to post here all the time because when you are at disney everyone is "Ohana" family for those that dont know what it means

WDWspider

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
why are you apologising I think this is a great thread ?

He means the "other" thread. But timoteo, it's OK, you didn't realize it would start a reaction that way.

rosie.ca don't let a few posts bum you out too much, there are many many many more people here that are very fun, uplifting, and happy about all things Disney. Myself included. That's part of the fun of having such a wide variety of people here. Unfortunately the bigger the board, the more variety of people too, so the door does swing both ways, but I guess you just try to avoid the threads that get overly negative. I'd hate to see you go, I always enjoy seeing you make a post.

rosie.ca

you noticed me before?
wow :)
ok i will try to avoid unhappy post and stay in my own little disney bubble with my fingers in my ears and singing it's a small world... hey i feel better now... thanks
:lol:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by rosie.ca
you noticed me before?
wow :)
ok i will try to avoid unhappy post and stay in my own little disney bubble with my fingers in my ears and singing it's a small world... hey i feel better now... thanks

please...NOT THAT SONG!!! :lol: jk

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by spider-man
He means the "other" thread. But timoteo, it's OK, you didn't realize it would start a reaction that way.

rosie.ca don't let a few posts bum you out too much, there are many many many more people here that are very fun, uplifting, and happy about all things Disney. Myself included. That's part of the fun of having such a wide variety of people here. Unfortunately the bigger the board, the more variety of people too, so the door does swing both ways, but I guess you just try to avoid the threads that get overly negative. I'd hate to see you go, I always enjoy seeing you make a post.

oh spidey thanks for clearing that up rosie I agree with spidey dont let a few bad apples ruin it for you

timoteo

This is what we sing everytime we go. Now this is just a joke for all you Small world fans cause we love that ride. But if you sing to the tune the following:

Its a small world after all. A ticky tacky cardboard world after all. Nothing is ever as it seems. it is something out of you worst dreams. There's a cardboard moon and a light bulb sun and if you do go there you wont have fun, so you better be aware, of that ride if you dare. Its a smallworld after all.

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by timoteo
This is what we sing everytime we go. Now this is just a joke for all you Small world fans cause we love that ride. But if you sing to the tune the following:

Its a small world after all. A ticky tacky cardboard world after all. Nothing is ever as it seems. it is something out of you worst dreams. There's a cardboard moon and a light bulb sun and if you do go there you wont have fun, so you better be aware, of that ride if you dare. Its a smallworld after all.

that is so funny:lol: and cute at the same time

WDWspider

Originally posted by timoteo

I give you an Honorary title of Small World Resistance History Buff.:)

You need to search for the IASW Song thread... and read it all, you will absolutely love it. The thread is no longer being posted to , so you don't need to worry about it getting any bigger, but you will laugh your tail off reading it. Please do.

Fireman7

I think DisneyWorld is just a breeding ground for meeting totally new and random people. I am also a shy person but when you are in the middle of the magic and surrounded by the happiness that is shared with every single person, whether they are 6 or 65, it is just impossible not to strike up some conversation with a fellow Disney lover. And this is why so many people return.:D
Also I too must apologize for posting in the "bad thread." I must have gotten caught up in the moment.:brick:

Katherine

People get a different personality when they go to WDW I've decided. Not a complete change but a little happier and more friendly(well for the most part at least). Whenever we go my mom always ends up talking to someone and we become good friends with the family. It's really fun!

(Katherine's side track) On the old WDW TV wasn't they're like theme song "I'm going to Disney World"? I pretty sure it is but I was little and weird so I might have just made it up:lol: Anyways this is what I start singing when we get into the car towards either the airport or if were driving when we are on the road!

prberk

Not to stir up anything, but what was the "bad" thread? Did I miss it, or I did I just not understand. There is always at least some disagreement here, although sometimes it gets bad.

I just want to know what the hotspot issue is, in case I am clueless and need to avoid it.

Fireman7

It was a question about a couple of pavillions in World Showcase that lead to a heated political discussion on current world events. Thankfully, the thread is gone and we can just keep the discussions to what really matters.....Disney!:D

goofyman

Originally posted by Fireman7
It was a question about a couple of pavillions in World Showcase that lead to a heated political discussion on current world events. Thankfully, the thread is gone and we can just keep the discussions to what really matters.....Disney!:D

I was reading this post and was soo glad it was started. At first was not sure which post you were refering to but had a feeling it was the above mention. That one BUGGED me all day and I was mad I even bothered to read any of it!
I feel better now and can go make pland for summer trip...Way to go everyone..BACK to The HAPPY place!!!!!!

rosie.ca

the "bad" post even had some well not very nice things being said to people and well it was VERY undisney like...

oh and ...
" I work on my hair along time...and he hits it, He hits my hair"
I LOVE THAT LINE hahahahahaha :lol:

goofyman

Originally posted by rosie.ca
the "bad" post even had some well not very nice things being said to people and well it was VERY undisney like...

oh and ...
" I work on my hair along time...and he hits it, He hits my hair"
I LOVE THAT LINE hahahahahaha :lol:

Glad you liked..it's my fav!!!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom