Disney Golf Classic Question

farmgirl

Original Poster
Hi there my question is does anyone know if the Disney Golf Classic that takes place in November causes big crowds in the parks. Thanks:wave:

disneyragazzo

Actually it's in October, and no, the crowds aren't crazy. If you're interested in the golf, it's a great tournament to watch because the crowds on the course aren't huge either.

farmgirl

Original Poster
Actually it's in October, and no, the crowds aren't crazy. If you're interested in the golf, it's a great tournament to watch because the crowds on the course aren't huge either.

Really??? I checked out several web sites and they all say Nov 1-4. Anyways can you just go watch it or do you have to buy tickets or how does that work exactly does anyone know?

patsfan24

Wow, I was looking at the happenings in WDW during my visit (Ocotber 31-November 6) and must have overlooked this one. I am an avid player and fan of Golf. Is this an amateur or a professional event?

farmgirl

Original Poster
Wow, I was looking at the happenings in WDW during my visit (Ocotber 31-November 6) and must have overlooked this one. I am an avid player and fan of Golf. Is this an amateur or a professional event?

From what I have read it is suppose to be a professional event. From what I understand its actually part of the PGA tour. I went to the PGA website and it has a little bit about it on there. The dates are Nov 1-4 or at least thats what is listed on the site and it says that there is a $4 600 000 purse with the last champion being Joe Durant. Unfortunatly I do not know if you need tickets or anything else.

disneyragazzo

It is a PGA tour event, but it tends not to draw the biggest names on Tour (i.e, Tiger) because it's so late in the season.

You do need tickets, but they are readily available at the gates. If you are staying on property, free cab transportation is provided from your resort (at least it was last year). If you're staying off property, you'll have to park at a designated area and get a bus (there is no on-site parking at the course). Last year the parking area was at EPCOT.

Pooh88

Hello fellow Mainiac! This is the Funai Classic and I believe the last PGA event of the season. They play on the Palm and Magnolia course. I have played the Palm. Tough course.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom