Disney Gift Card question

Mr Bill

Original Poster
I'm not totally sure I'm in the right forum for this, so I apologize if this goes somewhere else, but does anyone know of Disney Gift Cards can be used to purchase tickets online? I know they can be used at the parks for admission, but I'm not sure about online and I haven't been able to find a conclusive answer.

SyracuseOrange

I'm not totally sure I'm in the right forum for this, so I apologize if this goes somewhere else, but does anyone know of Disney Gift Cards can be used to purchase tickets online? I know they can be used at the parks for admission, but I'm not sure about online and I haven't been able to find a conclusive answer.

"You can use your Disney Gift Card as a form of payment for Disneyland® Resort vacation packages by calling the Walt Disney Travel Company California at 1-866-470-5119."

But not online.

Rob562

"You can use your Disney Gift Card as a form of payment for Disneyland® Resort vacation packages by calling the Walt Disney Travel Company California at 1-866-470-5119."

But not online.

And if they wanted to buy WDW tickets, they could call 407-W-DISNEY...

-Rob

AEfx

Standard gift cards cannot be used online, but they do allow you to use Disney Visa Rewards Cards during the checkout process.

Rob562

Standard gift cards cannot be used online, but they do allow you to use Disney Visa Rewards Cards during the checkout process.

Well, you can use gift cards online *sometimes*... I've used one to pay the deposit when booking a package reservation online.

-Rob

Magical Dreamer

I've been purchasing gift cards on a weekly basis at Walgreens. When I get home I go online and use them to make a payment on our trip.

I like not putting Disney on our credit cards .....it just seems harder to pay off.

With the gift card payments I'm really on a mission. Will be done by mid July.

CaptJack922

Must talk to Disney Travel expert...

Well, you can use gift cards online *sometimes*... I've used one to pay the deposit when booking a package reservation online.

-Rob

Disney recently limited the process of entering gift cards online. I tried making a payment using a $1000 gift card online and was directed to the Disney reservation telephone number. I spoke directly to an agent, who was more than willing to apply a gift card for payment.

Bottom line, Disney WILL accept gift cards for vacation packages, tickets, etc., but you might need to call Disney rather than doing everything online.

Mr Bill

Original Poster
Thanks for all the feedback! After some consideration, we're probably just going to purchase tickets at the gate instead of online. We're getting Annual Passes, which if I've read up on correctly, are sent as a voucher if you purchase online which you then redeem at the ticket window for an actual ticket. If there's no way of dodging the ticket lines, we'll just wait until we get there to make the purchase.

Rob562

Thanks for all the feedback! After some consideration, we're probably just going to purchase tickets at the gate instead of online. We're getting Annual Passes, which if I've read up on correctly, are sent as a voucher if you purchase online which you then redeem at the ticket window for an actual ticket. If there's no way of dodging the ticket lines, we'll just wait until we get there to make the purchase.

The only major reason to buy the AP vouchers now would be if your trip isn't until after the next ticket price increase (typically early AUgust). If you have the money available now and you buy the voucher (or any tickets, in this kind of instance), it locks in the current price and shields you from the increase.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom