Disney Gift Card Question/Concern

muse1983

Original Poster
I'm wanting to get a Disney gift card off the Disney store site before we go to WDW in October but I have been having trouble confirming its range of use. I noticed in the fine print it stated that the card can be used at select Disney World locations but doesn't elaborate. When I call the Disney store they really have no clue either.

So, can anyone help me and give me an idea as to the extent of the gift cards use on WDW property? Thanks :wave:

mickeysshoes

I am pretty sure most all the resorts, store and resturants will take them. The only place i would question would be the ice cream and popcorn carts. I alway get gift card for the DD so they are walking around with cash and they have never had a problem using them. Where were you thinking aboat about using...or just in general??

Tiggerfanatic

I'd say any place that can swipe a credit card will take a gift card. The only exceptions would probably be some of the stand-alone food & beverage carts. I've never had a problem using gift cards anywhere on WDW property as long as they were set up for taking cards.

oommggitskait

Agree with all other posts. I almost always ask for gift cards for my birthday or Christmas before a trip. That way I have designated spending money. And I also have had no problem using it anywhere. I've used it in stores and restaurants. Have to agree though about the popcorn stands and what not, probably a little risky there. But that shouldn't make too much of a difference!

muse1983

Original Poster
The Disney Store people act extremely clueless....I should have come here in the first place..duh lol

mickeysshoes

Yes they are..I have been getting gift cards from my local Disney store and they know NOTHING...I was very worried the first one I got...but had no trouble at all paying down on my package on line with it. The nice part aboat getting them at the Disney store is you can can them for what ever $$ you want, up to I think $1500 They can also be used in the other Disney parks, online and the boats!!!

Jerm

All Disney Gift Cards work at Disney Stores/Parks/Resorts throughout the US. The fine print is for places like ODV carts (before they couldn't take gift cards or credit cards) arcades (I didn't understand that one) or for some hotel stuff because you have to have a credit card to put down for things. I have gone with gift cards to WDW, but make sure you keep track of the cards and the totals if you have more then one also take a picture of the card number(s) in case something happens and you need to contact the info line for them.

knnyrobb

We mainly used gift cards last year.. That was we were not having to carry cash and have our kids keep up with cash. We did not have a problem using them anywhere really. With the exception of what the above poster said about ice cream carts and such. Some of them are cash only

Rob562

Don't expect the walk-around vendors like balloons or the glow carts to accept cards of any kind.

There are also some "third-party vendors" that don't accept them. These could be people in the parks like the artists who do portaits in Liberty Square, hair-wrap people at resorts, and non-Disney restaurants and stores in Downtown Disney.

*But*, many of the above-named places do accept Room Charge accounts. So you could charge your purchases to your room, and then use the gift card(s) to pay down the balance on your room charge.

-Rob

muse1983

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help! I was mainly talking about using the card in places such as Mousegears, The Emporium etc

magiconmainstrt

Thanks for the great idea....getting gift cards from disney for my birthday (tomorrow:) and I will be ready in Dec!

Also, I think I will start to cash in my "change" for gift cards-this way it wont deplete down from the kiddos

in the meantime! :confused:

Happy Shopping.... Me I'm hitting the ornaments!:xmas:

switts

I actually just started one of these for my son for our December trip. Going to keep loading it up every week until we go then he can buy whatever he wants when we are down there.

muse1983

Original Poster
My best friend is actually in WDW at this very moment so I had him ask a cast member the policy on gift cards. The CM said that "gift cards from Disney parks can be used at the parks and Disney stores, but Disney store gift cards can't be used in the parks." Just to clarify I am looking to buy a gift card from www.disneystore.com .....it's not that I don't believe the answers I have been getting here but it's driving me crazy that I can't get a consistent answer outside of the forum :brick:

Pioneer Hall

My best friend is actually in WDW at this very moment so I had him ask a cast member the policy on gift cards. The CM said that "gift cards from Disney parks can be used at the parks and Disney stores, but Disney store gift cards can't be used in the parks." Just to clarify I am looking to buy a gift card from www.disneystore.com .....it's not that I don't believe the answers I have been getting here but it's driving me crazy that I can't get a consistent answer outside of the forum :brick:

The gift cards sold at the Disney Store are Disney gift cards and can be used in the parks as well.

mickeysshoes

The gift cards I buy IN the store (not sure about on line) way on the back are good at Walt Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Stores.

Patrick_Ears

Yes we bought our Disney gift cards from Walgreens. We made sure this was the same thing from the Disney store and it was. From what i read on the back of the card you can use them in the parks (both world and land) and cruise, plus in the Disney stores as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom