Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

homerdance

Is no one else concerned that genie will just plan your day by giving you all of the old throwaway fastpasses? Future genie itinerary: philharmagic, Ariel, COP, hop, and philharmagic.

This is more likely to be a garbage system based on the incentive Disney has to manipulate it to extract more cash from its guests in the name of “better options “

Cmdr_Crimson

The Genie is Robin Williams, in a way very few other characters ARE their performer.
Did we forget his 2 other characters he did for the parks...
EnXYWmlW8AUfzDX.jpg

c70e83c91ca955edab9f0bb3aef9bde5--hollywood-studios-disney-animation.jpg

Wow Disney is really getting slammed on social media for this news. Even the official Disney Parks blog comments are pretty ugly. I hope they are seeing this.

I knew it was likely to be a bad reaction but I didn’t think it would be this bad. It’s overwhelmingly hate vs like.
This is normal because they want to rip off by using things that used to be free. I live in Europe and I have put my trip off twice and the difference is 2000 $

mab7689

Being from the UK this is just adding to the already spiralling costs. FP+ was great and really enhanced my last two trips. As I am a teacher I was stuck to our school holidays so they were great during a peak period for no added cost. I feel I am over a barrel and will have no choice to pay going forward. I hope they come to a compromise and add Genie+ for UK Ultimate Tickets. Unless they do something like that I can see international visitor numbers dropping because of this, once Covid has settled and we're allowed in that is.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Is no one else concerned that genie will just plan your day by giving you all of the old throwaway fastpasses? Future genie itinerary: philharmagic, Ariel, COP, hop, and philharmagic.

This is more likely to be a garbage system based on the incentive Disney has to manipulate it to extract more cash from its guests in the name of “better options “
My guess is it’ll try to spread out crowds by looking at wait times therefore many suggestions will be junk

matt9112

If the pricing is $15/day/person at all parks for Tier 2's, that means WAY more bang for the buck at MK...

ETA: Since it would work across parks, I'd expect way more park-hopping between non-MK parks. Perhaps a play to sell more park-hoppers?

If you find any rides available.
To offset some of the anger over this they should open the parks a full hour each day for resort guests. But they'll never do that unless they can figure out how to make $$$ off of it.

Profit. Remember?

rubydoo2

Being from the UK this is just adding to the already spiralling costs. FP+ was great and really enhanced my last two trips. As I am a teacher I was stuck to our school holidays so they were great during a peak period for no added cost. I feel I am over a barrel and will have no choice to pay going forward. I hope they come to a compromise and add Genie+ for UK Ultimate Tickets. Unless they do something like that I can see international visitor numbers dropping because of this, once Covid has settled and we're allowed in that is.
I feel your pain. Also a teacher in the UK... it's really easy for people to say "Just avoid going at peak times!" but for some of us that's literally not possible. If the surge pricing for the Tier 1 rides is super expensive at peak times, it's going to add so much more money (if we chose to pay it...) to what is already such an expensive trip during school holidays.

Disdude71

I feel like this is just unnecessarily complicated. I didn't like the "lottery" of ROTR to begin with, feeling that many people missed out on being able to ride it at all. Now there will be another "lottery" just to get what essentially is FP. This is all doing my head in. My next trip will not be for awhile but I think I will just put on my big boy pants and stand in line to wait to ride.

KrzyKtty

Well considering the sheer amount of money Disney lost due to the pandemic last year, it doesn't surprise me that they are trying to recoup costs by nickel and dining us to our deaths. But I have a feeling these were all going to be a thing even without the pandemic...

On one hand I'm really inclined to cancel our two-week trip next year and take the kids overseas somewhere if the pandemic is finally managed. But on the other hand I missed the 25th anniversary and I really have my heart set on getting to celebrate the 50th in the parks sometime next year. I would also like to be able to ride rise to the resistance finally.

azox

Just raise the prices until people stop buying them at a rate higher than was calculated for the system to “work”

But now they have a way to let the customer do the hard work for them of figuring out that new price point. If too many people use Genie + then they know it's time to bump up the base price another $15.

With so much dynamic pricing, it just makes the whole vacation stressful and not worth it. Vacations are supposed to make you happy and refreshed.

Just wait till the AP crowd finds out how much more they have spent in a year. The psychology of saying "I already bought the pass whats another $15 so I can skip the lines today?" will add up in Disney's favor. (It's just human nature to "forget" about the initial cost of entry") The AP and day passes are just a cover charge.

Waters Back Side

I anticipate RotR to become a rip-you-off option as opposed to a VQ quite early on (and to hell with the consequences) plus MMRR.

Space Mountain will also take the rip-you-off option - until Tron opens. Then we’ll see which direction they move in. Move the money on top of money option to Tron, or make Tron the 3rd rip-you-off choice for the MK.

Depends how much it is. The release stated rides will range between 4 and 24 dollars based on park, time of year, etc. But that's for the Lightning Lane rides not using Genie + to get LPs. Its $15 a day for that regardless of time of year. Will Rise be considered a Lightning Lane purchase if you cant get a boarding group? Will it be price ranged the same as the other headliners you pay for separately? If so the price would be a maximum of $24, which I have a hard time believing it's that low priced. I'm guessing Rise and Remy will have their own pricing tier based on time of year and demand as well but separate from the Lightning Lane headliners that you pay per. If not, anyone can do Rise for free with a boarding group or pay 24 dollars per person in their party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom