Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

James Alucobond

The one thing I always liked about FP+ was that I knew going in I at least had 3 rides confirmed. Was often able to switch around, and if you knew the sweet spot times when availabilities opened up during the day, you could often change things up on the fly (did that often withs Flights of Passage). Hate getting up early, and after spending every work day buried on the computer or endless conference/Zoom calls I now have to start every day playing the app run around trying to get Genie+ rides; nice job of dragging stress into my vacation no thank you.
Haha, I understand if you're not a morning person. I'm generally up by at least 6:30 even if on vacation, so it's rarely an issue for me to poke a button on my phone while eating a bagel or whatever. I've just never liked the FastPass+ feeling of being super locked into a schedule that always seemed slightly more spread out than I wanted.

Hcalvert

The DAS changes are welcome. Running across the parks for DAS was getting very, very old. Of course we used to do it for paper FPs so I really have no idea what I'm whining about...
I agree. I had the biggest smile when I saw that. My husband would often have to trek across a park for me to secure the DAS, so he is happy too especially in the parks that didn't really have any Guest Services umbrellas to avoid it.

arich35

Social media isn't reacting well to this annoucement. Think this may be the biggest push back I've seen among Disney visitors.
Doesn't really surprise me. We are still in a pandemic where a lot of people haven't gotten to travel or have had financial hardships and here is Disney, one of the most profitable companies in the world charging people for something that was just free right before this pandemic started. They had to know they would be crucified, if they didn't want to be they would have given some kind of discount to resort guests

DisneyDodo

Except the ride's capacity is still limited, which means even if you do pay, or are willing to pay, there's still no guarantee that you'll actually get on the ride.
I don't imagine the individual purchase LL passes running out very often. The pricing is dynamic, which means they will aim to hike the price high enough such that demand roughly equals supply.

Which also would mean that the resort "perk" of being able to book these at 7am is completely worthless.

jpinkc

Right. And a 9am wait time is short for T2 attractions. Nobody is rope dropping Haunted Mansion. So the advantage doesn't apply until later in the day, where offsite guests can then book. How does the 7am window help?
But I thought Haunted Mansion was one example of Tier 1 ride?

BaconPancakes

Doesn't really surprise me. We are still in a pandemic where a lot of people haven't gotten to travel or have had financial hardships and here is Disney, one of the most profitable companies in the world charging people for something that was just free right before this pandemic started. They had to know they would be crucified, if they didn't want to be they would have given some kind of discount to resort guests
Disney isn’t a charity, they work for their shareholders and nothing else.

WDWBryan

Finally got to the end.

I don’t understand dropping the fastpass name. They are going to change all the signage to lightning lane. Seems dumb. I catch people at universal all the time using the phrase fastpass.

Seems like they’re charging for a system that’s far more restrictive than bringing back and charging for Fastpass+

Tay

This seems so confusing. At least offer a portable charger per group if someone has to use their phone all day. They’re just asking for system issues with everybody making their choice at the same time. At this rate you might as well go to one of the international parks once Covid gets under control. Chapek is planning on getting as much money as possible out of us U.S. theme park fans while Hollywood is in the toilet.

Waters Back Side

If they add a few that were headliners with FP+ who cares? So in AK it looks like Safaris is not part of Genie plus. Which is kinda strange. But Navi is? It all depends of the released article included all the rides. We. Do not know yet. Potentially...(being that regardless, a headliner is separate and will cost money) you could make out.

If Soarin is a genie plus ride, you could choose that right at 7am and pay for one of FEA, or TT Same with AK pay for FOP. Choose Navi if you wanted to with Genie plus LP at 7am. Personally I'd choose Everest, but you could choose Navi if you wanted. Same with HS...choose Smugglers if it's part of Genie + at 7am and pay for Slinky.

I know we do not know for sure how all the rides are categorized yet but the release gave a pretty good idea.

Some days I will not pay for a separate headliner. I'm not gonna pay separately for Spsce mountain. I'll live without it. Might not even for SDMT. There are other rides I'm more interested in.

We also do not know for sure if you have to wait 90 minutes after your first chosen lightning pass ride. Most seem to think you do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom