Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Waters Back Side

There would have to be a standby line and people willing to wait in it, or there'd be nothing to skip over. A "included with the ticket option" will still exist, but it'll come at the expense of time.

Four hours for a ride on The Haunted Mansion here we come! Bring a portable charger with you.

The tier 2 15 dollar a day option is reasonable in my opinion. I'm okay with that. I'd pay to avoid that scenario. I wont need to use free standby pass. The headliners I'm worried about. Ideally free is better but it's still not a price out. I'll be able to hit Haunted Mansion, Jingle Cruise, Pirates, buzz, some meet and greets, peter pan. Small world etc for 15 per day at assigned times. I can live with this.

Indy_UK

Check this bit out:

Now that’s a way to reduce crowds

Edit. Our adopted son at 5 is now really starting to show a lot of traits of autism and in our first trip next April I was going to enquire about the DAS but now I’m nervous too in fear they don’t think it’s legit. I don’t want a permanent ban because of their opinion

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So this will end (free) afternoon boarding groups to make room for Lightning Lane?

That’s just a disaster. I did want to ride rat…maybe I pay for it once?

but this “system” is not feasible or fun. Reject. Not playing that game.
They will be the ones that EVERYONE wants to ride.
And more…

you mean to tell me that space, tower, Everest, test track aren’t gonna be on this list?

…rude awakening time is coming

Touchdown

This all depends on what’s included and what’s not. If it’s limited to 2 rides at each park that are not included (Tron, 7DMT, Rat, Guardians, RotR, Slinky, FOP, NRJ) I’m probably on board with it, if it doesn’t include more rides I will not be pleased.

danv3

$15/day in August, $25/day come February, plus ticket and food price increases? Nah, they’d never do that…
Josh's comments made pretty clear that $15/day is introductory pricing because Florida isn't used to paying.

I think they'll find they need to increase prices very quickly as people are going to be disappointed by availability at this price point (because too many people are going to buy it).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Indeed. The TDO (and to some extent, TDA) strategy of catering to the most affluent guests has paid dividends. They make more money with fewer people. Today is the culmination of that strategy.

And $15/pp/day is not written in stone.
Disney parks are mass destinations. Stop believing/promoting the hype.

have the attendance in Orlando drop back below 50 mil…all hell would break loose in lower manhattan and the management would be replaced in a stock coup engineered by the hedgers…

would be fun to watch - however

nickys

Premium Member
Honestly if someone is faking a disability to get to the front of the line, they deserve everything coming to them.
And since you don’t get front of line access, they doubly deserve it.

I suspect you’ll still get given a return time, not be allowed to just walk on instantly.

CaptainAmerica

$15/day in August, $25/day come February, plus ticket and food price increases? Nah, they’d never do that…
Ffs, can we wait until they DO something before getting pre-mad about it? Literally two hours ago I was in an argument with some clown who was convinced that standby lines were going away entirely and that every attraction would be pay-per-ride.

dreday3

Non-Tier 1 rides - pay the $15 per day, per ticket - unlimited (feasibly), but must wait to schedule another after riding the previous.
Tier 1 rides - you can pay for 2 a day (per ticket).

Do nothing and just wait in line.

Those are the choices, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom