Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Figgy1

Premium Member
I mean, for a family of 4 that's $60-80 more a day just for the MaxPass-type part. I'm sure that's hard for some people to swallow.

Should make those who prefer spontaneous park touring more happy. Might mean an increase in walking for someone like me who planned FPs to eliminate criss-crossing the park.
I'm not sure I'm willing to pay an extra 1000 per vacation for my family

CJR

There would have to be a standby line and people willing to wait in it, or there'd be nothing to skip over. A "included with the ticket option" will still exist, but it'll come at the expense of time.

Four hours for a ride on The Haunted Mansion here we come! Bring a portable charger with you.

Roy G. Dis

How good/bad this is will all depend on the mechanics of the dynamic pricing of the rides. Agreed with another poster that if everyone has FP+ it's no longer a perk... I'm sure the majority of the users here knew how to game FP+ to the point where the scales were tipped.

This is just readjusting the scales to those with the desire to spend the most.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How good/bad this is will all depend on the mechanics of the dynamic pricing of the rides. Agreed with another poster that if everyone has FP+ it's no longer a perk... I'm sure the majority of the users here knew how to game FP+ to the point where the scales were tipped.

This is just readjusting the scales to those with the desire to spend the most.
So what’s that $125 daily fee for?

Fantasmik

I don't post often. I complain less often. As a guest for 35 years and former Cast of 12 years, this announcement, including the verbiage, renaming, upsell, and just general attitude of "this is absolutely good for you", makes me nauseous. Less so than the firings last year, but that's off topic. Trying to decide if the straw broke my back.

Brian

…you haven’t been paying attention in Orlando for a very long time
Indeed. The TDO (and to some extent, TDA) strategy of catering to the most affluent guests has paid dividends. They make more money with fewer people. Today is the culmination of that strategy.

And $15/pp/day is not written in stone.

CuteAsMinnie

So to anyone else does this seem very similar to after you used your three fast passes and then you looked for your fourth experience, and then your fifth, six etc. and kept refreshing till you got the time and attraction and you wanted??

Also, now we are categorized as:
:
-Fans
-Super Fans
-Guests?
Is Josh going to let us know what category we all fall in based on how much we spend???😂
Do we really need Josh or Genie to tell us how to have enjoyable day. I’m kind of sick of people telling me how to think and what they want me to do.🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom