Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

UNCgolf

When you purchase it on the day of your visit, you aren’t actually modifying your ticket at all. You are purchasing the standalone Genie+ service for the day, as opposed to having Genie+ as a ticket add-on (like Park Hopper).

This change (if it is a change) only impacts cases where you are upgrading an existing ticket in order to add the Genie+ add-on to it.

That's my whole point, though.

If it's also being sold as a standalone service for the day, then making it part of your ticket and forcing you to later repurchase a ticket if you didn't add it is nothing more than a cash grab. There's no reason to package it with the ticket at all.

wutisgood

Ah yes looking forward to another trip to the Disney customer service when the system craps out trying to add genie plus to my no expire tickets. At this point I'm just going to be able to roll all those into more comp hoppers as they make the computer system unable to actually fix anything for the employees so the only thing they can do is offer me comps for it.

Charging people the difference in ticket prices to add an upcharge is some really Darth Vader level stuff.

The problem is there is no value in anyone going with me on a hopper for just a day or two at Disney as even the dvc members I know are getting pushed out of season passes.

I probably greatly benefit from being an edge case. A friend of mine has had the system screw up multiple times since he is named after his dad. I guess Disney would rather comp him days than pay developers to make make the system know the difference between multiple connected unique accounts with the same name.

mikejs78

Premium Member
That's my whole point, though.

If it's also being sold as a standalone service for the day, then making it part of your ticket and forcing you to later repurchase a ticket if you didn't add it is nothing more than a cash grab. There's no reason to package it with the ticket at all.
This has been the case since day one of Genie+. You could always add it on to length of ticket. Possible reasons for doing so -

* On a vacation, it removes the step of having to buy Genie+ every day
* To hedge against price increases.

Now, not saying it's a wise thing to do, but this is not a change, it's been the case since Genie+ began.

The only change here is that you can no longer make the Genie+ an add-on to a single day ticket.. You can (like before) add it as a multi day ticket option, or purchase it each day of your trip on that day.

UNCgolf

This has been the case since day one of Genie+. You could always add it on to length of ticket. Possible reasons for doing so -

Now, not saying it's a wise thing to do, but this is not a change, it's been the case since Genie+ began.

The only change here is that you can no longer make the Genie+ an add-on to a single day ticket.. You can (like before) add it as a multi day ticket option, or purchase it each day of your trip on that day.

"If you modify a previously purchased ticket to add the Disney Genie+ service option, you also pay any applicable change in the ticket price."

The above is a change too, right? It sounds like it just puts it in line with other ticket add-ons, but still.

mikejs78

Premium Member
"If you modify a previously purchased ticket to add the Disney Genie+ service option, you also pay any applicable change in the ticket price."

The above is a change too, right? It sounds like it just puts it in line with other ticket add-ons, but still.
Nope, that's not a change. I'm just not sure it was explicitly stated before and there weren't ticket price increases before. It's no different than adding PH to a ticket.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

I honestly think this is what they're moving toward. They've upped the price of the tickets already and numerous people have talked about how it seems TWDC will ultimately raise prices for G+. Depending on how high we think they'll go, and if they'll adopt dynamic pricing, it may end up being a better value for some to add G+ now and pay the difference in the ticket cost, not to mention avoid the headache of trying to purchase day-of.

wutisgood

I honestly think this is what they're moving toward. They've upped the price of the tickets already and numerous people have talked about how it seems TWDC will ultimately raise prices for G+. Depending on how high we think they'll go, and if they'll adopt dynamic pricing, it may end up being a better value for some to add G+ now and pay the difference in the ticket cost, not to mention avoid the headache of trying to purchase day-of.
Who is advocating anyone they know go to disney world right now even for those that can afford it? I would be absolutely torched for suggesting disney world as a vacation to anyone in the current climate.. Dynamic pricing is currently making the slow periods worse because people are desperate to save money. How long before those people drop out? They are prob doing a last visit on saved money from lack of pandemic vacationing and paying all the money they saved.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Who is advocating anyone they know go to disney world right now even for those that can afford it? I would be absolutely torched for suggesting disney world as a vacation to anyone in the current climate.. Dynamic pricing is currently making the slow periods worse because people are desperate to save money. How long before those people drop out? They are prob doing a last visit on saved money from lack of pandemic vacationing and paying all the money they saved.
Speaking for myself only, my older two are going as part of a band trip (my eldest is a senior, middle a sophomore). If not for that, we wouldn't be taking the youngest (entering hs next year). This may be our last vacation with the whole family together, given ages, schedules, and life's unpredictability, so we're making the best of it.

Otherwise? No way in Hades I'd be heading to WDW any time soon, and it makes me sad to feel that way. Hopefully TWDC turns things around so we can someday (LONG INTO THE FUTURE!) take our grandkids.

mikejs78

Premium Member

Reading the travel agent tea leaves, an awful lot of people. There's a lot of pent up demand because of the pandemic and a lot of people are willing to spend a ton of money after the last two years.

And Disney knows it.

Lirael

Every new disney decision feels like advertisement.... for Universal.

I used to scoff at how expensive their faster line pass is. Now with every news it's looking up better and better than G+ and LL. Still more expensive (but not by much if you factor in busy season prices of G+ summed with every LL), but you get almost every sought after ride, the 100usd one even let's you do it as many times as you want, no need to wake up at 7am and hope you get something and that something is at a good time window, no being forced to pay for ticket differences...

twebber55

Can i purchase an individual LL for a park I'm visiting in the evening (park hopping) first thing in the morning
for example buy a LL for FOP but go to EPCOT that morning.....

Disney4Lyfe

Hi, everyone, I signed up here because Genie+ is overwhelming me. I have many questions, but will start with this one.

I looked this morning on the APP. Lightening Lane is sold out for Star Wars already. Do they release more throughout the day? Or do you have to buy it at 7am?

DisneyDreamer08

Hi, everyone, I signed up here because Genie+ is overwhelming me. I have many questions, but will start with this one.

I looked this morning on the APP. Lightening Lane is sold out for Star Wars already. Do they release more throughout the day? Or do you have to buy it at 7am?
Typically yes, you have to purchase right at 7am. They do not release more throughout the day. Sometimes with other rides, you will see new times pop up if a ride is running smoothly and more can be added or if people change their plans. But not with Rise of the Resistance. That ride is too popular and wait times are so long. Once it’s gone for the day, it’s gone.

Disney4Lyfe

Typically yes, you have to purchase right at 7am. They do not release more throughout the day. Sometimes with other rides, you will see new times pop up if a ride is running smoothly and more can be added or if people change their plans. But not with Rise of the Resistance. That ride is too popular and wait times are so long. Once it’s gone for the day, it’s gone.
Thank You!

One other question. Is it possible to Rope Drop this attraction? Or do you have to pay to ride?

Jeff4272

Thank You!

One other question. Is it possible to Rope Drop this attraction? Or do you have to pay to ride?
You can rope drop but know that advertised park opening times are not accurate.........On site hotel guests get to enter 30 minutes prior to park opening but even that starts earlier than advertised times.

for eg.

Regular park opening: 10am
On Site Early entry: 9:30am

Real time they start letting people in: 8:45am (can be different each day)

If you are on site guest, recommended time (to be conservative and make sure you are at the front) to get in line for early entry for on site guests is 1 hour before EARLY ENTRY time, so in the eg above, 8:30am

If you are not on site, wait times will be 100+ minutes even if you go in at regular park opening

Disney4Lyfe

You can rope drop but know that advertised park opening times are not accurate.........On site hotel guests get to enter 30 minutes prior to park opening but even that starts earlier than advertised times.

for eg.

Regular park opening: 10am
On Site Early entry: 9:30am

Real time they start letting people in: 8:45am (can be different each day)

If you are on site guest, recommended time (to be conservative and make sure you are at the front) to get in line for early entry for on site guests is 1 hour before EARLY ENTRY time, so in the eg above, 8:30am

If you are not on site, wait times will be 100+ minutes even if you go in at regular park opening
Thanks!

So, essentially, it is a 60-75 minute wait, even if you rope drop. Yikes!!!

Jeff4272

It can be yes. The best advice I’ve seen (in many different places) is to go at the very end of the night. Get in line a few minutes before the park closes. That’s when the line tends to be shortest.
I agree........If you are not an onsite guest, the best approach is to get in line right before park closes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom