Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

That is correct…but it will also further exasperate the problem that the interface is bad and they can’t handle the crunch for more than a few minutes a day as it stands
I will add it still has the same issue as FP+ in that almost everyone has it. Remember if every has it no one has it. They really needed to go the route of all other parks and price it high enough to limit it.

James Alucobond

Prediction: FEA will not return to ILL, in my view. Epoct will end up with Remy and Guardians as the two ILL attractions. MK will leave SM off and only have 7DMT and then Tron when it opens. DHS will stick to just Rise, as DHS has the biggest capacity issues with the system. AK will also only have FoP permanently and EE will join Genie+ when it returns in April/May.
Honestly had the exact same thought. This lineup will make way more sense when autumn rolls around.

JAB

So I understand, this means those rides are no longer "fancy" rides that require extra money in addition to the Genie+ purchase?
The a la carte Individual Lightning Lanes (aka Fancy Rides) are completely separate from Genie+, not "in addition to" Genie+. You don't need to buy Genie+ to buy an Individual Lightning Lane.

Vegas Disney Fan

I will add it still has the same issue as FP+ in that almost everyone has it. Remember if every has it no one has it. They really needed to go the route of all other parks and price it high enough to limit it.
That was our experience at DL last weekend, almost everyone seemed to be using Genie+ which means the LL are now similar waits to the old standby lines and the current standby lines are unbearable.

gerarar

Premium Member
Having MMRR and Space Mountain on G+ was a huge bonus when I was there during this past Christmas.

I would get a LL for MMRR for ~2pm for when I park hop to HS and then SM later for around 10:00pm. It saved a lot of time, especially for MMRR since it averaged 80 mins waits, something that I could use towards ROTR's 3 hour waits lol..

JAB

Every time I think I've got my touring strategy locked in, something changes and I have to re-evaluate everything. o_O

1645744400679.png

Waters Back Side

This change happened during the holidays. I was happy to save money (aside from the $15) and go on all 4 rides with Genie + or standby. It does open up more availability being one more ride to choose from.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agreed…totally makes sense.

Disney’s problem - however - is they lost the ability to handle/shift their capacity about 10 years ago and try to hide that. Only an increase in things that eat people without headlines would fix that

DfromATX

The a la carte Individual Lightning Lanes (aka Fancy Rides) are completely separate from Genie+, not "in addition to" Genie+. You don't need to buy Genie+ to buy an Individual Lightning Lane.

OK thanks. Didn't know that. I thought one would buy Genie+ (and be able to book the non-fancy rides), but others were extra like Rise of Resistance, etc. How would one buy an ILL ride without Genie+? Not that I would because I hate the whole thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom