Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
so based on what we know a regular genie pass for one day at $15 basically gets you ONE FP for those attractions

IE it’s not unlimited acces to those attractions all day. Is that right?
Correct.

You can book as many as you can fit in, but you cannot re-ride any one ride using Genie+ You can ride again using stand-by.

Rickcat96

Symantec's on how and when are less important to me at this time because I have no use for this for upcoming trip. What's yet to be seen, as mentioned by many, will be the impact on IT service. I sure hope folks don't have to spend majority of their trip in a CS line.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think it's that people were upset that Boo Bash costs more than the Not So Scary Halloween parties and offers less.

Some people didn't understand that Boo Bash is an After Hours event and not the same as a traditional Halloween party.
By your logic no one should compare genie+ to fastpass plus either…. Since they are not the same thing.

There is nothing one should carry forward from something that just happen sto be the alternative substituted in the same place for offering something very similar where you’d expect the other thing to be….

mikejs78

Premium Member
DH and I have been to WDW so many times we stopped counting. We decide together what we would like to do, but I do all the planning. With our trip less than two weeks away, I tried explaining the rules involving park reservations, Genie+ and paid attractions (to the extent that I know them). It took forever and after I was done, the only two things I'm sure he understands with certainty is that this is going to cost him more money and he may have to wake up early on vacation. (Disclaimer: we are the people - apparently the only ones - for whom FP+ worked like a charm.)
You're not the only one...

flynnibus

Premium Member
People are weird. Like @CaptainAmerica mentioned, in one of the posts "just consider it a $15 ticket increase." If Disney had just transitioned FP+ to a modified Maxpass, and increased the ticket cost at the same time, would people be this upset? If 100% of people had been charged for it, and eligible for it, instead of just whatever percentage of people who select in. Would people just say, "Disney is so crowded, more expensive tickets is just supply / demand at work, they had to do something, etc?" By making it a la carte instead of "standard" people perceive it as a worse thing?
Simple… it is psychological. Imagine if disney charged you $30 per land instead of one gate price. Samething right? People would be so angered over being nickled snd dimed just to walk around… even tho it’s basically the same cost. How you charge and conduct your transactions influences customer sentiment and this is well known.

Adavanced companies lind Disney know it, yet still took this path. Because they WANT to associate a monetary value to it, not just raise revenue.

they want this to be seen as a value… so they can probably use it like promotional fodder later.

John park hopper

DH and I have been to WDW so many times we stopped counting. We decide together what we would like to do, but I do all the planning. With our trip less than two weeks away, I tried explaining the rules involving park reservations, Genie+ and paid attractions (to the extent that I know them). It took forever and after I was done, the only two things I'm sure he understands with certainty is that this is going to cost him more money and he may have to wake up early on vacation. (Disclaimer: we are the people - apparently the only ones - for whom FP+ worked like a charm.)
nope you are not alone we loved FP

Ayla

I haven't read all through the thread but I did read all of Disney's release on this and I have a question.

IF I pay the $15 can I ride all the attractions that are included over and over during that day? IE get off Buzz and walk right back in the Genie line as many times as I like?
Nope.

Patcheslee

🙋‍♀️ There are a few of us. 😁 On the bright side at least we only have to hate one system now…
Same here, we don’t even have a trip scheduled and mentioned to DH it may be be cheaper and more our style to book a deluxe resort and do the night time magic hours vs Genie+ and ILL if they add in HS and AK later. Granted we usually stay in mods so price comparison is closer than jumping from values.

Patcheslee

Simple… it is psychological. Imagine if disney charged you $30 per land instead of one gate price. Samething right? People would be so angered over being nickled snd dimed just to walk around… even tho it’s basically the same cost. How you charge and conduct your transactions influences customer sentiment and this is well known.

Adavanced companies lind Disney know it, yet still took this path. Because they WANT to associate a monetary value to it, not just raise revenue.

they want this to be seen as a value… so they can probably use it like promotional fodder later.
Doesn't Uni Japan do some type of additional cost to enter the Super Mario area?

pixarprincess

The irony of this is that Disney is going to lose money from a net perspective. People mentioned dropping a dining reservation l, picking a non-deluxe hotel, etc.

Here we are considering cancelling our VIP tour and just buying two a la carte options during our 4 day stay. That can’t be what they had in mind.

Ayla

so based on what we know a regular genie pass for one day at $15 basically gets you ONE FP for those attractions

IE it’s not unlimited acces to those attractions all day. Is that right?
No, you don't get one pass for each of those on the list. Just like FP, you are constrained by time limits and availability of passes for that attraction.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You've proposed this conspiracy theory several times and I'm not interested in addressing it. If you think Disney is going to deliberately and artificially drive up wait times by taking trains out of service or whatever, there's no reasoning with you.
13883B6D-D8CF-410A-B0EE-451D025C0183.jpeg

The struggle will be real

flynnibus

Premium Member
They are not going to manipulate lines to sell more ILL. Besides being bad for business, that could actually get them into serious trouble with the FTC.
Nonsense.

they are under zero obligation to run attractions at higher capacities. False advertising? Sure… but why bother doing that dance when if you just don’t extend yourself you get the same result.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Trying to figure out who is the target demographic that will pay $15 per day per person for EPCOT and AKL. In reality it is $15 for an ILL pass for test track with free LLs for a few other rides at EPCOT.

the same audience who is stressing about being able to buy genie+ before they rven get onsite.

Disney can offer it as a rider option to buy when you buy your tickets/package and people will do it…. Because at firsf glance it seems easier snd makes sense right? Bug as you point out, it is likely a more tactical decision… one tgat will be left to the informed to weigh

nickys

Premium Member
No, you don't get one pass for each of those on the list. Just like FP, you are constrained by time limits and availability of passes for that attraction.
Ha! I read the question differently.

So you are correct in that you are not guaranteed a pass for every ride, it is subject to availability. But you can only book once per ride, even if there are more left.

Chi84

Premium Member
By your logic no one should compare genie+ to fastpass plus either…. Since they are not the same thing.

There is nothing one should carry forward from something that just happen sto be the alternative substituted in the same place for offering something very similar where you’d expect the other thing to be….
I think the difference is that many people (not all, and I don't mean to start a debate here) believe that Boo Bash is at least partly the result of shortages attributable to the pandemic and that the usual holiday parties will return at some time. Disney has never said otherwise, so people are more likely to just take the new event for what it is without comparing it to the old one. OTOH, Genie+ is being advertised by Disney as a permanent system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom