News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy_UK

This app is ideal for those who are casual fans and don't really don't do any planning as Disney will use crowd data to send you to what you may 'like' to do with the minimal wait.

As a serial planner, I'm not sure yet if I'll use this.

Is it replacing MDE?

Creathir

Oh absolutely. I cant imagine what it must be like for a first timer.
Frustrating.

My father in law won’t go back because of his single trip he took.

Expected it to be like Six Flags, went in the summer, could barely ride anything because of the long lines, and dedicated 2 days to “see everything”

My in-laws refused to listen to me when I warned them to plan ahead, (and pick a different time to visit) and they came home hating the place.

They never even made it out of FutureWorld in Epcot... they thought it was just a lake to walk around...

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So correct me if I’m off here, but in nutshell the availability of 30 and 60 day FP will be greatly reduced, allowing an increase in inventory for those willing to pay for high demand FP on the day of instantly through the app which will be linked directly to your credit card. The app is the pretty front end which “manages your plans” and gives you the breakdown of how crowded everything is and lets you conveniently buy a FP.

It potentially get more insidious because the total number of FP allotments are not changing just the distribution, which will make the standby lines go even higher, thus encouraging or forcing guests to pay for something they previously didn’t have to do or wait even longer in a standby line.

Please don’t tell me this isn’t a new level of evil on the part of TWDC.

rowrbazzle

Oh absolutely. I cant imagine what it must be like for a first timer.

When we went back for the first time it a few years ago it was daunting, but there are a lot of great resources. Easy guides to WDW that are free really can't be beat. But anything Disney offers directly will probably be the first stop for folks. And Disney should be able to do it better than any paid/third party service as they have all the data.

So correct me if I’m off here, but in nutshell the availability of 30 and 60 day FP will be greatly reduced, allowing an increase in inventory for those willing to pay for high demand FP on the day of instantly through the app which will be linked directly to your credit card. The app is the pretty front end which “manages your plans” and gives you the breakdown of how crowded everything is and lets you conveniently buy a FP.

It potentially get more insidious because the total number of FP allotments are not changing just the distribution, which will make the standby lines go even higher, thus encouraging or forcing guests to pay for something they previously didn’t have to do or wait even longer in a standby line.

Please don’t tell me this isn’t a new level of evil on the part of TWDC.

I could see availability going down some as more people are aware of prebooking fastpasses. How high is awareness right now? I guess I figured it was pretty high already.

The next part assumes that Disney will purposely hold back passes for day-of sales. That could be. It doesn't seem like this system is needed for that, though. They could do that already through MDE, which will save to your CC if you let it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hey! *Knock Knock* Memba Me folks?
Image result for paper clip windows gif

fngoofy

I bet the Vaca Planners and Services are puckering over this. This is just step one. Think of how far the iPhone has come in just 11yrs from a capability stand point. Now, with machine learning and AI, coupled with the massive, property wide data options... this will end up being big, and cool.

I can see in the future being able to opt into an evolving story with the Genie / guide, leading you on a very tailored and immersive story that spans the property.
It is a step towards the narrative story telling seen in HBO's WestWorld.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom